Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL, YES: 

WARNING! Mayor Bloomberg Is A Radical Nanny-Stater.

Spartacus Booker Calls Himself Young, Dynamic.

AT LEAST HE’S USING HIS OWN MONEY: 

Elizabeth Warren blasts Michael Bloomberg, says he’s trying to ‘buy a nomination.’

Someone trying to win an election on their own dime is bad. But trying to buy votes with promises of free stuff paid for with new taxes after the election is just business as usual

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/24/2019 at 11:13 AM, ALF said:

Elizabeth Warren Says She May Use Taxpayer Money To Take Down Border Wall

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said she is not opposed to spending taxpayer money to take down sections of the border wall if she were elected. During Wednesday’s Democrat presidential primary debate, Warren was asked if she would consider using money from taxpayers to break down the border wall to which the senator replied, “of course.”

https://www.oann.com/elizabeth-warren-says-she-may-use-taxpayer-money-to-take-down-border-wall/

yikes, I don't agree with that 

I hope if they take down the border wall they store it in sections for the next Republican administration.  Sort of like snow fence is stored over the summer.

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

I hope if they take down the border wall they store it in sections for the next Republican administration.  Sort of like snow fence is stored over the summer.

Dear Diary: what a surreal day.  Bob said something that wasn't completely stupid...

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

A few years back, a similar situation happened in NJ.  The Dems just changed the rules and ended up with a different guy that wasn't supposed to be on the ballot winning.

after 1968 they came up with some party rules that got them McGovern and Carter and Mondale and Dukakis....  well done kiddos!!

you can add others since 1968 that you feel were totally incompetent, but my list ends with what I've said....

Mayor Pete’s Rainbow Army

by Paul Kengor

Original Article

A friend informs me of a young lady from his hometown and home church. Valedictorian of her classical Christian high school, she was a solid evangelical raised in an evangelical home, an evangelical church, and by evangelical parents.

“Guess what she did for break?,” my friend asks me. “She headed to Iowa to volunteer for Pete Buttigieg’s presidential campaign.”

Why anyone would think that Pete Buttigieg is qualified to be president is a mystery. An even greater mystery would be why a conservative evangelical girl would spend her college break knocking on doors for a cultural radical to be president of the United States.

Actually, it’s no mystery. The answer is right in front of you: she’s in college.

This promising young lady went to an elite university in the northeast. End of story. In no time, Hillary-like, she was fundamentally transformed — fully converted from Bible-believing evangelical to LGBTQ-crusading leftist. It took only two or three semesters. That’s no surprise. That’s the job of these colleges, after all. That’s what they do. From day one, orientation day, when your son or daughter is asked which gender pronoun he or she prefers, young Americans are overwhelmed with obsessive, unrestrained, unhinged identity ideology. They are force-fed a nonstop toxic diet of race, gender, and sexual identity.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Wow, this is some spin! Shorter version? Spartacus is done.

Super PAC backing Cory Booker’s presidential bid shuts down

A super PAC formed to support Cory Booker’s Democratic presidential campaign is shutting down.

The group’s founder, San Francisco lawyer Steve Phillips, indicated in a news release Wednesday that Dream United had struggled to raise money. Booker, a New Jersey senator, has publicly disavowed support from super PACs, which aren’t required to disclose their donors publicly.

Phillips, a former college classmate of Booker’s, said that it became clear while trying to fundraise for Dream United “that the donor community is strictly adhering to Senator Booker’s publicly articulated wishes that he does not welcome independent support.” The group raised a little over $1.1 million during the first six months of the year, far short of Phillips’ stated $10 million goal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

A super PAC formed to support Cory Booker’s Democratic presidential campaign is shutting down.

The group’s founder, San Francisco lawyer Steve Phillips, indicated in a news release Wednesday that Dream United had struggled to raise money. Booker, a New Jersey senator, has publicly disavowed support from super PACs, which aren’t required to disclose their donors publicly.

Phillips, a former college classmate of Booker’s, said that it became clear while trying to fundraise for Dream United “that the donor community is strictly adhering to Senator Booker’s publicly articulated wishes that he does not welcome independent support.” The group raised a little over $1.1 million during the first six months of the year, far short of Phillips’ stated $10 million goal.

Bummer, Booker was one of my favorite candidates.  Dude was comedy gold and a walking meme machine.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wow that’s some next level bull####