Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not a fact though, Transplant. 

Trump has a much bigger war chest to date, the DNC is near broke while the GOP is swimming in funds. But more importantly, the Trump campaign has a huge lead in the digital information collection than the DNC thanks to three years of rally and data harvesting. 

The DNC is going to get thumped in 2020. And they have no one but themselves to blame. They've had three years to do something, anything, other than protesting an election they lost fair and square. But instead of doing their jobs, they doubled down on resistance. 

It'll cost them the House and the Oval. 

Uhhhhh... except it IS fact as far as exactly what I said combined with your own consistently proclaimed premises on this board.

Are you implying that either the Trump campaign or Democratic candidates have incorrectly reported their 3rd quarter fundraising numbers?

If so, who?  Any evidence whatsoever to support those inflated or deflated numbers?

3rd quarter fundraising was precisely what I referenced. And you seem to equate fundraising numbers with enthusiasm.  And the Democratic party outraised the Republican party in the 3rd quarter.

And since you seem to be operating under the premise that fundraising = enthusiasm you should probably at least acknowledge that the Democratic party has more enthusiasm right now based on the most recent fundraising numbers.

C'mon now... don't be a hypocrite... you're better than this.

@TakeYouToTasker might call you intellectually dishonest if he were being intellectually honest :lol:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Uhhhhh... except it IS fact as far as exactly what I said combined with your own consistently proclaimed premises on this board.

Are you implying that either the Trump campaign or Democratic candidates have incorrectly reported their 3rd quarter fundraising numbers?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/01/trump-campaign-republican-national-committee-raised-125-million-in-the-3rd-quarter-ap-reports.html

• President Donald Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee will report raising a total of  $125 million in the third quarter.
  • The pro-Trump groups, which also include his joint fundraising entities, have raised more than $308 million in total in 2019, and boast more than $156 million cash on hand.
  • That fundraising haul far exceeds the $105 million second-quarter joint total and marks a new presidential fundraising record, according to the Associated Press.

(snip)

The Republican National Committee’s most recent financial disclosure showed that the organization held $53.8 million cash on hand at the end of August.  The Democratic National Committee, by contrast, had $8.2 million on hand at that time.

Note the bolded (and all the data). They have more cash on hand than the entire dem field has raised. It's not even close, Transplant. You're being lied to. By the same people who lied to you about Trump/Russia for three years. One day you'll learn to start to think for yourself. 

2nd quarter

DNC https://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00010603/1332087/#SUMMARY

GOP https://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00003418/1332072/

3rd quarter was even bigger -- not reported in full yet. 

3rd quarter fundraising was precisely what I referenced. And you seem to equate fundraising numbers with enthusiasm.  And the Democratic party outraised the Republican party in the 3rd quarter.

They didn't though. You're wrong.

And since you seem to be operating under the premise that fundraising = enthusiasm you should probably at least acknowledge that the Democratic party has more enthusiasm right now based on the most recent fundraising numbers.

I don't acknowledge that -- but if I did you'd still be wrong based on the above.

What I acknowledge is the DNC lost its shirt due to poor leadership and are unprepared to fight the battle ahead. Perez is a disaster. He should have been replaced in 2016 -- but they kept him and he sunk the party's financial hopes (because he's crooked). 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Maybe if Joe repeats his "beat him like a drum" line for the 10,000th time, people will actually believe it. 

Oops, I forgot, Joe is a proven and accomplished liar and grifter. No one believes him or IN him. He's got zero chance. 

Eagerly awaiting the Babylon Bee story: "Joe Biden Claims 'I never had a son!'"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/01/trump-campaign-republican-national-committee-raised-125-million-in-the-3rd-quarter-ap-reports.html

• President Donald Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee will report raising a total of  $125 million in the third quarter.
  • The pro-Trump groups, which also include his joint fundraising entities, have raised more than $308 million in total in 2019, and boast more than $156 million cash on hand.
  • That fundraising haul far exceeds the $105 million second-quarter joint total and marks a new presidential fundraising record, according to the Associated Press.

(snip)

The Republican National Committee’s most recent financial disclosure showed that the organization held $53.8 million cash on hand at the end of August.  The Democratic National Committee, by contrast, had $8.2 million on hand at that time.

Note the bolded (and all the data). They have more cash on hand than the entire dem field has raised. It's not even close, Transplant. You're being lied to. By the same people who lied to you about Trump/Russia for three years. One day you'll learn to start to think for yourself. 

2nd quarter

DNC https://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00010603/1332087/#SUMMARY

GOP https://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00003418/1332072/

3rd quarter was even bigger -- not reported in full yet. 

They didn't though. You're wrong.

I don't acknowledge that -- but if I did you'd still be wrong based on the above.

What I acknowledge is the DNC lost its shirt due to poor leadership and are unprepared to fight the battle ahead. Perez is a disaster. He should have been replaced in 2016 -- but they kept him and he sunk the party's financial hopes (because he's crooked). 

Moving the goalposts I see.

So you include all pro-Trump groups rather than just Trump's fundraising himself.

Awfully disingenuous on your part if you aren't doing the same for pro-Democrat groups, of which there are many  :flirt:

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Moving the goalposts I see.

So you include all pro-Trump groups rather than just Trump's fundraising himself.

Awfully disingenuous on your part if you aren't doing the same for pro-Democrat groups, of which there are many  :flirt:

I didn't move the goal posts. I said Trump's campaign has more money than all the dems combined. And they do. 

Best part is -- they haven't even really started campaigning yet. 

The "dem" groups are included in the total. They have far less than the GOP does right now at this stage. 

Far less. 

Why? 

Look at recent SCOTUS rulings as a start. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I didn't move the goal posts. I said Trump's campaign has more money than all the dems combined. And they do. 

Best part is -- they haven't even really started campaigning yet. 

The "dem" groups are included in the total. They have far less than the GOP does right now at this stage. 

Far less. 

Why? 

Look at recent SCOTUS rulings as a start. 

Movin goalposts.  But whatever.

Over the months it's been about the fundraising itself for you.  You brought it up pretty consistently.

Now it's about cash on hand, which involves many other factors.

What's your reasoning behind cash on hand being so meaningful when these campaigns are constantly raising and using money?

How many individual donors have donated to Trump's campaign and what's the average individual donation

vs.

How many individual donors have donated to Democratic candidates' campaigns and what's the average individual donation

That might be meaningful.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not true. In their totality, the Trump campaign/GOP has more money than the DNC and all 12 candidates. That's not fiction. That's reality, backed by actual facts and figures. 

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Over the months it's been about the fundraising itself for you.  You brought it up pretty consistently.

It's a marker to watch, nothing more. I've never made the argument you're trying to attribute to me.

Does having more money always equate to a win? Nope. Never said it did. 

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The "many other factors" are the ones I keep trying to open your eyes to. But I digress... 

Cash on hand and total fundraising, Trump and the GOP are miles ahead of the DNC. That's the only point I've made. 

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What's your reasoning behind cash on hand being so meaningful when these campaigns are constantly raising and using money?

How many individual donors have donated to Trump's campaign and what's the average individual donation

vs.

How many individual donors have donated to Democratic candidates' campaigns and what's the average individual donation

I gave you a starting point to see for yourself. 

Trump's leading in individual donors as well... and unlike many on the dnc stage, he's not relying on suckling at the tit of the MiC, Big Pharma, or the other establishment industries who own much of Congress (including Joe). 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

vs.

How much cash will Dem candidates burn through the primaries?  A lot especially if it's competitive.  It's one of the reasons incumbent Presidents so often win.  They don't have to spend early. 

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not true. In their totality, the Trump campaign/GOP has more money than the DNC and all 12 candidates. That's not fiction. That's reality, backed by actual facts and figures. 

It's a marker to watch, nothing more. I've never made the argument you're trying to attribute to me.

Does having more money always equate to a win? Nope. Never said it did. 

The "many other factors" are the ones I keep trying to open your eyes to. But I digress... 

Cash on hand and total fundraising, Trump and the GOP are miles ahead of the DNC. That's the only point I've made. 

I gave you a starting point to see for yourself. 

Trump's leading in individual donors as well... and unlike many on the dnc stage, he's not relying on suckling at the tit of the MiC, Big Pharma, or the other establishment industries who own much of Congress (including Joe). 

I will give you one thing, your stubbornness made me double check and dig even deeper.

I honestly don't know at this point if you believe what you're saying because you got it from what you believe are reliable sources in the Twitter verse or if you're just flat out lying in the endless pursuit I've stated multiple times that you guys have over here of winning a rhetorical argument,

but no, most of that post is just wrong.

And honestly, I'm a little disappointed it is because I respect you.

Democrats have hauled in more money in total and significantly more money from small dollar donors (less than $200) than Donald Trump.

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

How much cash will Dem candidates burn through the primaries?  A lot especially if it's competitive.  It's one of the reasons incumbent Presidents so often win.  They don't have to spend early. 

Weird obsession you guys have with these campaign war chests.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised at the norms some of you expect to hold up in the midst of all of your "BUT THE WORLD HAS DRASTICALLY CHANGED WITH THE ELECTION OF TRUMP!!!" proclamations.

Bizarro world over here sometimes... most of the time.

Not all that concerned with Democratic war chests. They will get their money considering the likes of the online Democratic fundraising tool Actblue has raised over $3 billion for the party alone.

I just don't understand why you can't see Trump's election was an outlier...

You will, though :thumbsup:

I will give you one thing, your stubbornness made me double check and dig even deeper.

I honestly don't know at this point if you believe what you're saying because you got it from what you believe are reliable sources in the Twitter verse or if you're just flat out lying in the endless pursuit I've stated multiple times that you guys have over here of winning a rhetorical argument,

but no, most of that post is just wrong.

And honestly, I'm a little disappointed it is because I respect you.

Democrats have hauled in more money in total and significantly more money from small dollar donors (less than $200) than Donald Trump.

Weird obsession you guys have with these campaign war chests.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised at the norms some of you expect to hold up in the midst of all of your "BUT THE WORLD HAS DRASTICALLY CHANGED WITH THE ELECTION OF TRUMP!!!" proclamations.

Bizarro world over here sometimes... most of the time.

Not all that concerned with Democratic war chests. They will get their money considering the likes of the online Democratic fundraising tool Actblue has raised over $3 billion for the party alone.

I just don't understand why you can't see Trump's election was an outlier...

You will, though :thumbsup:

People are simply pointing out to you that if (BIG if) contributions equal enthusiasm, the Rs are beating the snot out of the Ds. 

@Deranged Rhino linked to a CNBC article - a media outlet that is traditionally lefty leaning. That article, in turn, leads to the financial filings. At this point, it is quite clear the Rs have a lot more money raised, and on hand, than the Ds. Does that mean much of anything at the polls? For local races it will. For the Presidential race? Who knows. President Trump beat Hillary Clinton without spending the amount of cash she did. Will he out raise the D candidate for the 2020 race? Magic 8 ball says "signs point to yes"... but also "it is not certain". His donations are small, not corporate. Will corporations donate equally to both candidates? Will they favor the Ds? That we will need to wait and see. 

You are so busy attempting to be right, you are either being disingenuous or you have a real blind spot as to what is happening in this country. "The little people" have had it with being told by their "betters" what to do. Those R donations? Those donations to President Trump? Look at how many are from "the little people", and note it. We shall see in 2020 if those translated to votes.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

People are simply pointing out to you that if (BIG if) contributions equal enthusiasm, the Rs are beating the snot out of the Ds. 

@Deranged Rhino linked to a CNBC article - a media outlet that is traditionally lefty leaning. That article, in turn, leads to the financial filings. At this point, it is quite clear the Rs have a lot more money raised, and on hand, than the Ds. Does that mean much of anything at the polls? For local races it will. For the Presidential race? Who knows. President Trump beat Hillary Clinton without spending the amount of cash she did. Will he out raise the D candidate for the 2020 race? Magic 8 ball says "signs point to yes"... but also "it is not certain". His donations are small, not corporate. Will corporations donate equally to both candidates? Will they favor the Ds? That we will need to wait and see. 

You are so busy attempting to be right, you are either being disingenuous or you have a real blind spot as to what is happening in this country. "The little people" have had it with being told by their "betters" what to do. Those R donations? Those donations to President Trump? Look at how many are from "the little people", and note it. We shall see in 2020 if those translated to votes.

*sigh*

Trump has raised more than any individual Democrat by far because it's a numbers game.

One Republican vs 20 or so Democrats.

The 20 or so Democrats outraised Trump.

That is fact. Look it up.

The finger pointing at cash on hand seems to be a big deal and, frankly, I don't know why. Once the Democratic nominee is sifted out, he/she will get an inundation of money. There are pro Democrat organisations like Actblue that I referenced before that have already raised TONS of money to be used in the upcoming election.

But aside from the money obsession, Democrats will get its voters to coalesce around one candidate. This time Democrats will go out and vote for the Democratic candidate rather than stay home or vote for a 3rd party candidate (which was what happened in 2016... BY FAR the highest number of 3rd party votes in history... like 3+ million more than EVER happened) because they saw what it did in 2016.

And the majority of Independents will join because the majority of Independents, at this point, want Trump impeached and removed from office.

I don't give a dime to political candidates and I absolutely shudder any time ANY political commercial comes on TV. The ads don't influence me at all. 

Do you think I'm alone? What do you think Trump's money will accomplish?

The country leans more left than it does right at this point. Trump is in office thanks to a perfect storm. 

Maybe you should ask yourself who really has the blind spot as to what is happening in this country.

14 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Maybe if Joe repeats his "beat him like a drum" line for the 10,000th time, people will actually believe it. 

Oops, I forgot, Joe is a proven and accomplished liar and grifter. No one believes him or IN him. He's got zero chance. 

Is it me, or does Biden seem to be slowly turning orange?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3