Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I see a bunch of California for Warren  signs in the photo. Shocking! A leftist is going to win California! My question is why is she wasting time and money campaigning in California?

She always wondered what it would be like to speak in front of more people than can fit in a lecture hall? :unsure:

(OK, we know the real answer is that's where the campaign money is.)

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I see a bunch of California for Warren  signs in the photo. Shocking! A leftist is going to win California! My question is why is she wasting time and money campaigning in California?

lotta white people from california in that picture

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

How much longer will these people put a "D" next to their name?  You'd think that Sane(r) people would think, at some point, to have a D next to your name means you have to be so far left, so into the race and identity-politics before actual ideas, that the VAST majority of the country don't agree with, that you're marginalizing yourself to a portion of society that can't get you elected.  I pray the majority of the country is against the stuff the "D's" are putting forth (all of the intersectionality BS), and I'd think they'd see that (see: Trump).  Maybe they'll get there (that understanding) after "2020 - Trump Wins!" headlines.  Probably not even then.  At some point, though, the D's are going to have to rein in their craziness.  When they lose my grandmother and my father, who both 'lovingly' refer to me as 'Rush-baby', they've lost the core of the sane D's.  They're never going to win again, with the loony-far-left that they're targeting now.  At least for now, thankfully, there aren't enough of Tibs in the world.

Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign

It’s time for Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand’s sputtering presidential campaign to call it quits, a friend of hers and two former aides told The Post.

“It would be best if she decided that this was not her time,” said one longtime Gillibrand fundraiser, who claimed the Democratic contender’s well-heeled supporters want her to remain in the US Senate.

“Most people that I talk to are very happy with her as their senator and don’t want her to give up her Senate seat and don’t see any realistic traction for her.”

As Gillibrand struggles to get 130,000 individual donors to qualify for the third Democratic debate in Houston next month, it’s unclear if she’s hearing the message from those who have worked with her.

“I don’t know that anyone even wants to see her on the debate stage. Everyone I have talked to finds her performative and obnoxious,said a former senior staffer in Gillibrand’s Senate office. [ whoa :blink:  ]

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2