Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Gotta keep the entertainment value pumped up.  That, and he's the way-left kook prog candidate who makes the *not* kook progs look less kooky.  That's deB's job and the Dem leadership knows it -- even though deB doesn't.

6 minutes ago, section122 said:

I say that as a registered Dem.  Bernie should have been the nominee in 16 and likely would have if it wasn't her turn...

I know it isn't popular on this board to be left leaning but I will never be convinced it wasn't rigged and he didn't get screwed.  It will happen again, Biden will get the nom and lose to Trump.  book it, mark it, whatever you want to say.  It will be Trump vs Biden and Trump will win.  Does anyone know where I can place a bet? lol

I think they're trying their best to politely show Biden the door, but the polls keep bobbing him up to the top.

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, section122 said:

I say that as a registered Dem.  Bernie should have been the nominee in 16 and likely would have if it wasn't her turn...

I know it isn't popular on this board to be left leaning but I will never be convinced it wasn't rigged and he didn't get screwed.  It will happen again, Biden will get the nom and lose to Trump.  book it, mark it, whatever you want to say.  It will be Trump vs Biden and Trump will win.  Does anyone know where I can place a bet? lol

Prior to 2016 I was a left leaning liberal (as my posting history proves). Many factors forced me to reassess my own positions/views/understandings, but watching the primary process be so blatantly manipulated in real time was one of the bigger ones. 

I say that only to dispel the stereotype that left leaning thinking isn't popular down here. Despite the thorns, which are prickly at times down here in the dungeon, PPP largely welcomes all opinion/thoughts/commentary so long as it's backed up with logic and reason. So I hope you hang around, even when we may disagree :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, section122 said:

At that particular time Bernie would've easily taken PA, MI, and WI over Trump and won the presidency.  Possibly Ohio (they reelected Sherrod Brown) and Indiana as well.  Hillary and Trump had favorability ratings around 40% at the time.  Sanders was around 55%. The DNC deserved what they got. 

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

GREAT MOMENTS IN VIRTUE SIGNALLINGElizabeth Warren Announces Her Pronouns.

You’re just not used to this probably. This has been happening for years. She’s just the first pres candidate to follow the youth. 

I spent the spring and early summer visiting colleges. Nearly every tour guide did this. “Hi I’m Sarah and I use she/her pronouns.” The first time was totally off putting. By the 10th time, I was just hoping someone would make my older brain work hard to match their pronoun preference with my assumption. Alas no one did that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

You’re just not used to this probably. This has been happening for years. She’s just the first pres candidate to follow the youth. 

I spent the spring and early summer visiting colleges. Nearly every tour guide did this. “Hi I’m Sarah and I use she/her pronouns.” The first time was totally off putting. By the 10th time, I was just hoping someone would make my older brain work hard to match their pronoun preference with my assumption. Alas no one did that. 

Is there a rule about a person's pronouns having to actually be pronouns or even words?  What if I wanted my pronouns to be Spectaculous and freezie pop's?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 2

I imagine that you will start seeing this one making the rounds.

The uncut video can be seen here: https://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/local-news/live-joe-biden-speaks-at-las-vegas-democratic-event/

This happened at @16 minutes in, and before that Biden mentions that she is his grand daughter. So, judge, if you wish, but do it with the full picture.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/20/2019 at 12:37 AM, Hedge said:

The good news is Benevolent Bernie has bestowed a $15 minimum wage to his workers

The bad news is their hours are being cut

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-announces-it-will-cut-hours-to-pay-staffers-15-minimum-wage-prompting-mockery

But hey, $15 is only fair amirite?

• Like (+1) 1