Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

July 31

Former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Kamala Harris, Sen. Cory Booker, former HUD Secretary Julián Castro, entrepreneur Andrew Yang, Sen. Michael Bennet, Mayor Bill de Blasio, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and Gov. Jay Inslee.

Interesting they kept Biden, Spartacus and Harris together to snipe at each other.

Random selection, my ass.

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

July 30

Sen. Bernie Sanders, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, former Rep. Beto O'Rourke, Gov. Steve Bullock, former Rep. John Delaney, former Gov. John Hickenlooper, Rep. Tim Ryan and author Marianne Williamson. 

July 31

Former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Kamala Harris, Sen. Cory Booker, former HUD Secretary Julián Castro, entrepreneur Andrew Yang, Sen. Michael Bennet, Mayor Bill de Blasio, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and Gov. Jay Inslee.

This is a good draw for Buttigieg as he can make the pitch that medicare for all/free college/forgiving student debt will cost too much standing next to Warren and Sanders.  He can paint himself as the moderate if he plays his cards right.  I remember rooting for Carson to have as much time as possible to talk and I want the same for Williamson.

It's a really bad draw for Biden who I'm assuming will be between Harris and Booker.  It will be a similar dynamic when Cruz and Rubio vivaciously attacked Trump who was sandwiched between them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The poll they referenced shows the economy and health care tied at 21%.  Immigration at 22%.

The economy is all that matters and I won’t say it like Carville. It’s a dream that any administration and congress would address the debt. 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

A massive number of baby boomers are retiring, lots of job openings. 

I'm sure whomever they replace them with will immediately accuse all non-Dems of being racist.

Edited by njbuff

1 hour ago, ALF said:

A massive number of baby boomers are retiring, lots of job openings. 

...and NO takers.....was talking to a guy yesterday....has a close friend whose kid graduated with his Accounting degree and had a job interview with a major Accounting firm in NYC....offered starting salary of $100K AND $25k sign-on bonus......told his Dad about it when he got home and Dad wanted to know when he starts......told Dad, "I declined the offer because they would only give me two weeks paid vacation"....Dad said, "starting TOMORROW, you'll pay rent to live here.....if you can't, you no longer live here period"......that's the "gimme mindset" we're dealing with today...SMH........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

I'm dumbfounded that immigration is the #1 issue for registered voters.  Politicians have really done a bang up job creating this immigrant boogeyman.  I live in an area that uses migrant workers and the conditions they live in along with the work they do for the pay they receive are not high demand jobs.  Couple that with a low unemployment rate and it boggles my mind that it is the #1 issue for voters.

Not the endless war/conflicts we embroil ourselves in other countries

Not medicare for all (my #1)

Nope some immigrant coming to take ma job :wallbash:

Image result for they took my job

Also some information about the poll:

The NBC News|SurveyMonkey national poll was conducted July 2-16 among 13,553 registered voters with an error estimate of plus or minus 1.2 percentage points. Among the 5,548 Democrat and Democratic-leaning registered voters, the margin of error is plus or minus 2 percentage points. 

So any of the 3 (immigration, health care, or jobs) could be the top as they are within the error margin, and only 41% of the respondents were democrat or democrat leaning, is it surprising the poll results didn't line up with democratic ideologies? (hint no).    

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The DNCs worst enemy is the DNC.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: 

I say that as a registered Dem.  Bernie should have been the nominee in 16 and likely would have if it wasn't her turn...

I know it isn't popular on this board to be left leaning but I will never be convinced it wasn't rigged and he didn't get screwed.  It will happen again, Biden will get the nom and lose to Trump.  book it, mark it, whatever you want to say.  It will be Trump vs Biden and Trump will win.  Does anyone know where I can place a bet? lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1