Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch a second of the clown car parade, but from reports, I noticed that not a single one of the idiots mentioned Trump's  foreign policies. 

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, snafu said:

And once again, I pointed out that it seems highly hypocritical for you to point out her history while Trump sits in the Oval Office.  That's how this started. And, again, I know that there's a difference between the two. And, again, you didn't bother to point out the difference until after I called you out. 

This has has devolved into stupidity. I'm leaving it aside from here in out. You can if you like -- or not. 

On the surface I agree with you. I despise this sort of garbage on either side of the aisle. 

However, just as you point out the potential for a double standard where Harris is concerned, it seems to me that all bets are off and each party and much of the population wants it that way. Some very basic evidence:

Clinton was 2 minutes into the first debate when she hit Trump with every imaginable bias-based insult in the English language. I'll just summarize them as every "-ist word".  Where were the calls for restraint? 

Kamala Harris revealed herself as a full-on 100% committed political operative during the Kavanaugh hearing. Where were the calls for restraint? Was there concern for a man with three decades of exceptional public service, a husband and father or two girls when unproven allegations of deviant sexual behavior/serial rapist were advanced by Harris and her posse?  How about the propagation of the #ibelieveher and the next version just over the horizon #hemustbedestroyedatallcosts.

This all falls into the category of "it is what it is." and one could argue that if you want the  equality of consequences, well, looks like we are getting there. 

• Like (+1) 3

" Copyright Joe (I'll leave plagiarizing to him; he 's pretty damn good) is beyond woefully pathetic as a candidate.....NO disrespect, but reminds me of GOP having Dole as presidential candidate.....Joe has never had a real job in his life.....entire career is as a politician, which "ain't work" IMO.....he is a walking 24/7 gaffe period......and the rest of the Dem candidates are circus clowns dressed in a barrel, ***** themselves with every unpaid giveaway in the world to BUY power?.....Trump?.. as irascible, caustic and insulting as they come, but the "good 'ol boyz political climate" in this country needed to be turned upside down and inside out....who else would have the bawlz to do it?....the exposure of graft, corruption, etc alone in our once "thought to be stalwarts of the world's greatest democracy(COUGH)" , as in DOJ or FBI (makes Hoover look like an altar boy) now portrays us as a political dump...and sadly, we ain't even scratched the surface.....wonder how the late JFK likes his Dems now?......

• Like (+1) 2

....first, in the spirit of FULL DISCLOSURE, I am an independent with conservative leanings.......can vote a split ticket if necessary based on candidate(s).....now let's move on to my late mother and her siblings as well as their children.......HINT: dyed in the wool Democrats PERIOD (why I avoided family functions).....a sister who live in VA thought she was the world's best political analyst.....return address mailing label said "ALWAYS A DEMOCRAT"....Ronald Regan ruined her life......George Bush was not her President....moving on to my mother with the Regan election...nothing but a B rated movie actor running the country.....or a cousin telling me how much good Monica did for the country because she probably "relaxed" Bill to where he could do his job better after stress relief.....or another cousing following in Daddy's footsteps how Bush invaded Iraq only for their oil, but I think we hit 4 bucks a gallon for gas after the favorable (COUGH) invasion....folks, I kid you not....this is some of the "rational" thinking out there and I'm sure it exists on the staunch Republican side of the equation....good Lord, this is scary stuff....more loose screws than I could have ever imagined...wow...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

I see conservatives are donating to Team Williamson to keep her taking up valuable time as the campaign keeps on truckin’

$1 campaign contributions might cost the campaign more than $1 to process

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine Federally Enforced Busing would be an issue pushed by Democrats in the upcoming presidential election.

Trump needs to get on his hands and knees and thank God for this. His billions couldn't buy this kind of crazy.

Democrat candidates at the next debate

Image result for mean girls gif, raising hands

• Like (+1) 1

From the speech she gave in her "wonderful coat"

“He says he wants to make America great again. Again for whom? Back before couples could marry, all couples? Back before gay couples could adopt? ”

She added, “Well, I’m president because we’re not going back.”

She might as well say "I won't let Trump take ANY green cheese from Mars" ... for this has the same validity as what she's carping about here.

Trump doesn't CARE about gay marriage. He hasn't said BOO about it. Kumala is spouting Dem-Gibberish again

Reminds me of the "Romney will make birth control illegal" sh*t

They HAVE to make up scare stories to keep the base involved.

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

From the speech she gave in her "wonderful coat"

“He says he wants to make America great again. Again for whom? Back before couples could marry, all couples? Back before gay couples could adopt? ”

She added, “Well, I’m president because we’re not going back.”

She must’ve been referring to Obama’s first term. You’re right Kamala, we don’t want to go back to that!