Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

19 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Al Gore, Emperor of the Moon, went out of his way not to use Bill in 2000. Big reason why he lost.

Or maybe that was why he was able to keep it so close.

35 minutes ago, row_33 said:

W was far worse a loss twice in a row.

Good point.  Hard to argue with that.  But at least Bush supported something they like.  War.  Something they can all agree on.

How about 1 for Bush and 1a for Trump?

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Mystery Science Theater 2019.

This is a new low.  

But if the Ds lose to Donald twice in a row they should disband, put on sackcloth and ashes, and just go away.  Maybe bring back the Whigs or something.  Anything.

a new low? anything compared to the ongoing soft coup ?

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

a new low? anything compared to the ongoing soft coup ?

Presidential behavior wise which is what I was referring to?  Absolutely.   This is school yard bully nonsense.  

And the really sad part is this is setting the bar for presidential behavior.  I suspect the next president whoever it is, might very well do the same.

This is what the social media and twitterization of our society has resulted in (among other things) IMHO.  I see no reason to think it will get better anytime soon regardless of who the prez is going forward.

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Presidential behavior wise which is what I was referring to?  Absolutely.   This is school yard bully nonsense.  

And the really sad part is this is setting the bar for presidential behavior.  I suspect the next president whoever it is, might very well do the same.

This is what the social media and twitterization of our society has resulted in (among other things) IMHO.  I see no reason to think it will get better anytime soon regardless of who the prez is going forward.

meh. when you are pushed to the extent and marginalized as much as Trump has been... when you have, not only the other wing of the bird trying to initiate a coup against you but you also have the main stream propaganda machine aiding and abetting that coup, how do you expect him to not only connect with the american people but to present his side of the story.

holy run on sentence batman....

they brought it on themselves. granted Trump may have used twitter regardless but i don't believe he would have had to reach down to their level.

40 minutes ago, Foxx said:

meh. when you are pushed to the extent and marginalized as much as Trump has been... when you have, not only the other wing of the bird trying to initiate a coup against you but you also have the main stream propaganda machine aiding and abetting that coup, how do you expect him to not only connect with the american people but to present his side of the story.

holy run on sentence batman....

they brought it on themselves. granted Trump may have used twitter regardless but i don't believe he would have had to reach down to their level.

The MSM was so against Trump that he was never going to get his message out and defend himself from the Left and their compliant media.Trump was left with Twitter as his way of communicating with the public.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Maybe so, but he's outmaneuvered the entire MSM, along with the deep state so he must have something going for him.

He has.  I get a good laugh out of the Ds and media falling for it every time.  It's sooooo obvious.

I think Nancy (that's what Donald calls her) has figured it out and has done some masterful trolling herself at times which Trump has himself fallen for. 

It's funny, but also sad.

40 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Maybe so, but he's outmaneuvered the entire MSM, along with the deep state so he must have something going for him.

I wouldn't go that far but agree he has maneuvered around the media fairly often.  He could do a lot better though by simply going on TV + streaming + twitter every month with cogent fact based presentations on his highest priorities such as resolving illegal immigration.  The facts supporting most of his policy positions  are very much on his side.  With Congress having something like a 20% approval rating, he could publicly contrast a more business-like approach to problem solving from the petty gamesmanship of politicians which would IMO win over a larger portion of the public including Dems.  It's simply not his persona, and his support will always be very limited by his demeanor.  He could be significantly more popular and much more effective as a leader if he ever figures this out and adjusts his style. 

33 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I wouldn't go that far but agree he has maneuvered around the media fairly often.  He could do a lot better though by simply going on TV + streaming + twitter every month with cogent fact based presentations on his highest priorities such as resolving illegal immigration.  The facts supporting most of his policy positions  are very much on his side.  With Congress having something like a 20% approval rating, he could publicly contrast a more business-like approach to problem solving from the petty gamesmanship of politicians which would IMO win over a larger portion of the public including Dems.  It's simply not his persona, and his support will always be very limited by his demeanor.  He could be significantly more popular and much more effective as a leader if he ever figures this out and adjusts his style. 

Yeah, I agree, but then he wouldn't be Trump.  He'd be Ross Perot.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

DijesdNB_bigger.jpgMSNBCVerified account @MSNBC
FollowFollow @MSNBC

.@Lawrence: "Could you run on a ticket with Joe Biden?" Sen. Cory Booker: "I do not think there should be two men on a ticket...we should have tickets that have racial and gender diversity in them"

They do not judge on ideas.

They do not judge on competency or experience.

They judge on gender and race.

And why just racial and gender diversity?

Thank God I was not raised like that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

It would be oh so presidential to sit back and get blugeoned by 20 morons for a couple of hours and have a willing press agree with everything they say.

The more presidential he is, the less chance he has to remain president.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It would be oh so presidential to sit back and get blugeoned by 20 morons for a couple of hours and have a willing press agree with everything they say.

The more presidential he is, the less chance he has to remain president.

Isn't there more to being the President of the United States of America than getting re elected?  If not, then he's just like the rest of 'em.  Drain the swamp? Same as the old swamp.

Edited by reddogblitz

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Isn't there more to being the President of the United States of America than getting re elected?  If not, then he's just like the rest of 'em.  Drain the swamp? Same as the old swamp.

You demand quite a lofty set of principles for the President.

all we have is the media smooching his behind when a Dem is in office and screaming about evil the whole time the GOP is in office

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

You demand quite a lofty set of principles for the President.

all we have is the media smooching his behind when a Dem is in office and screaming about evil the whole time the GOP is in office

Good point.

I pretty much have up on all this as being a fair process where the people select their leaders and said leaders do what's best for the American people a while back.

But now it's just gross childish school yard lowest common denominator name calling nonsense even if the other guys/girls do it too IMHO.  But it is where we are.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Good point.

I pretty much have up on all this as being a fair process where the people select their leaders and they do what's best for the American people a while back.

But now it's just gross childish school yard lowest common denominator name calling nonsense IMHO.  But it is where we are.

Mencken adjured us that democracy is the common people knowing what they want and deserving to get it good and hard.

used to have decent discussion between differing views on TV, then they interrupted each other the whole half hour on CNNs Crossfire, and now there is a tendency to deny a differing opinion the right to even exist

Maybe the exposure of too much politics every day is more than the system can handle?

• Like (+1) 1