Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

I know, it's Breitbart (which I don't like posting) 

But it's really the WaPo being quoted/used as a source. 

Joe's got no chance when this thing blows wide. He, and everyone in 44's orbit during his administration, will be radioactive. The same fate awaits those in the Senate and Congress running for POTUS or re-election who spent the past three years pushing a now debunked conspiracy theory like Harris, Swalwell, Warren. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tusli Gabbard is the lone Democrat candidate that is growing on me.  

21 hours ago, B-Man said:

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

You know who isn't in that picture?  Tulsi Gabbard.  She is IMO, legitimately the best candidate the Democrats have and she gets next to no exposure from their party.  She's not a war hawk and pisses off her own party at the same rate she pisses off the Republicans.  

I think she's the most comprehensive threat to Trump because she has appeal to moderates in both parties.  

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, dpberr said:

You know who isn't in that picture?  Tulsi Gabbard.  She is IMO, legitimately the best candidate the Democrats have and she gets next to no exposure from their party.  She's not a war hawk and pisses off her own party at the same rate she pisses off the Republicans.  

I think she's the most comprehensive threat to Trump because she has appeal to moderates in both parties.  

But the media and the DNC will tamp her down. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

She's not a threat to beat Trump for dog catcher. She is being intentionally ignored by the media and the DNC. Her candidacy was DOA from its first week, when they found some nonsense to make her apologize for.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY: 

“2020 Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg on Thursday unveiled 27 new policy proposals grouped under 3 categories:

‘Freedom,’ ‘Security’ and ‘Democracy,’” 

all of which are designed to expand the government and reduce freedom, security, and democracy.

:blink: Here's a good one of Pete's proposals:

• Electoral college: A national popular vote to replace the Electoral College

Wouldn't we first need an Amendment to the Constitution in order to Amend the Constitution by national popular vote?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

One word: superdelegates.

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

Wouldn't we first need an Amendment to the Constitution in order to Amend the Constitution by national popular vote?

Just get rid of the Constitution. Problem solved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, snafu said:

Yes, can't be done at the federal level...but having each state decide to allocate its EC delegates to whoever wins the popular vote is a nice dodge.  

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Nevada may be next to pledge their EC votes to whoever wins the national popular vote.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/22/725616541/nevada-poised-to-become-15th-state-to-ditch-electoral-college

Edited by Doc Brown

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Nevada may be next to pledge their EC delegates to whoever wins the popular vote.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/22/725616541/nevada-poised-to-become-15th-state-to-ditch-electoral-college

I guess they can make the amendment by getting 2/3 of the states to pass it and they can call a convention.

I wonder which idea will get to 2/3 first -- this popular vote idea, or the "convention of states" that's been passed by 15 States so far.

Just now, snafu said:

I guess they can make the amendment by getting 2/3 of the states to pass it and they can call a convention.

I wonder which idea will get to 2/3 first -- this popular vote idea, or the "convention of states" that's been passed by 15 States so far.

Neither in our lifetimes.  Probably.

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Neither in our lifetimes.  Probably.

They should get together.  They'd have 30 out of 33 States (there is NO crossover presently).

Though the national popular vote wouldn't need 33 to effectively take effect, they just need to get to 270 electoral votes.  I wonder if that would withstand a court challenge.

18 minutes ago, snafu said:

They should get together.  They'd have 30 out of 33 States (there is NO crossover presently).

Though the national popular vote wouldn't need 33 to effectively take effect, they just need to get to 270 electoral votes.  I wonder if that would withstand a court challenge.

I think you'd have an interesting (and expedited) court fight if a candidate from the winning party (according to that state's ballot) won the state, but the state directed the electors to vote for the other candidate.

Biden, like HIllary is in no way shape or form able to physically take on a real Presidential campaign

and this is still way before it's even 5% intense... 

LOL

• Like (+1) 1