Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Tibs, in general do you have positive views of the US Military?

What is the point of this question? Because it actually looks like you are saying if you don't support Trump pardoning violent criminals then you don't like the military. 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What is the point of this question? Because it actually looks like you are saying if you don't support Trump pardoning violent criminals then you don't like the military. 

i just asked if you usually have a positive view of the US Military

no tricks, just wondering....

i'm not going to blast you for any answer, if it's dishonest then it's on you....

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i just asked if you usually have a positive view of the US Military

no tricks, just wondering....

i'm not going to blast you for any answer, if it's dishonest then it's on you....

Yes, a very high opinion of them 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Warren was all but dead, and she is now at 9%? And Harris gained 6% after not moving off 8% since she declared?  And Bernie is at 14%? <_< Ummm yeah.  Is this the beginning of the unlikeable Harris moving up? (She was who I thought was the "chosen one" since the start of this circus.)

What the pollster has done is to post a mirage. This is only showing who is going to come out of the gate fast. Take Harris for example: California is now an early state and it's Harris's home state. It has a ton of delegates and will skew the early results.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:
7MAYGEKPAZACPIKM6GSFAKU4RQ.pngCampaign 2020
Democratic 2020 hopeful Pete Buttigieg, a mayor from Indiana who served in Afghanistan as a Navy Reserve intelligence officer, says such pardons would hurt the standing of the U.S. military abroad and make troops less safe.

This is a smart move by Mayor Pete.  Being an Afghanistan veteran he has 9000x the credibility as Colonel Bone Spurs on anything in-a-war related.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is a smart move by Mayor Pete.  Being an Afghanistan veteran he has 9000x the credibility as Colonel Bone Spurs on anything in-a-war related.

So, Mayor Pete has all of the resources available to him to make the determination on an individual basis that Trump does?

30 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

military service means nothing now for political gain

John Kerry reporting for duty, then getting swiftboated, was the end of that

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

John Kerry reporting for duty, then getting swiftboated, was the end of that

Gotta disagree with you there, service still plays a big role

Kerry's problem wasn't that his service didn't matter, his problem is that he is an epic douche canoe.  As an officer, a Senator, Presidential candidate, Secretary of State, and human being in general.

Back in 2004 I worked with a swiftboat/Vietnam vet that did not serve directly with or under Kerry, but commented that Kerry's reputation as an officer had spread and the enlisted did not have a favorable opinion

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Kerry's problem wasn't that his service didn't matter, his problem is that he is an epic douche canoe.  As an officer, a Senator, Presidential candidate, Secretary of State, and human being in general.

Back in 2004 I worked with a swiftboat/Vietnam vet that did not serve directly with or under Kerry, but commented that Kerry's reputation as an officer had spread and the enlisted did not have a favorable opinion

the Dems are going to be pulled to a candidate because of military service.... c'mon man.............

Kerry's thing was.... complicated.... he made it that way without even trying...

18 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Kerry's real name was Herbert Sobel:

herbert sobel.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

In non Trumpian times that may be true.

But now Mayor Pete served in Afghanistan while Major Bone Spurs got 5 deferments to Viet Nam.  Anything Trump did was bad.  This comment allows Mayor Pete to one up Trump without saying Trump is a draft dodger. 

That's why I think it's smart.  He did the same with the Alfred E Neuman thing.  He didn't have to come right out and say Trump is and old out of touch codger living in the 20th century.  Much better way to go after Trump than to out name call him.

Anyone care to guess how many deferments Uncle Joe got?

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

In non Trumpian times that may be true.

But now Mayor Pete served in Afghanistan while Major Bone Spurs got 5 deferments to Viet Nam.  Anything Trump did was bad.  This comment allows Mayor Pete to one up Trump without saying Trump is a draft dodger. 

That's why I think it's smart.  He did the same with the Alfred E Neuman thing.  He didn't have to come right out and say Trump is and old out of touch codger living in the 20th century.  Much better way to go after Trump than to out name call him.

Anyone care to guess how many deferments Uncle Joe got?

Who cares? People in leadership roles have to be first...……………………………………………………….a leader. That coupled with a moral compass, strong beliefs and a work ethic can take a person a long ways. A wise leader doesn't have to be a former military person to lead the military or have any other specific skills to lead different kinds of leaders. Common sense and good advisers are sufficient. Your dislike for Trump appears irrational.

sad day when libtards are kissing the behind of the CIA and the military

it feels much better when they are screaming "DIE PIG!!" in direct confrontation

it's more honest

ask your 70 year old uncle, the really quiet one, about his time he took a club to the head by the cops and spent a weekend in jail over Nam

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY: 

“2020 Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg on Thursday unveiled 27 new policy proposals grouped under 3 categories:

‘Freedom,’ ‘Security’ and ‘Democracy,’” 

all of which are designed to expand the government and reduce freedom, security, and democracy.

He's nuts.  Not even Dems with majorities will enact Medicare for all or order reparations.. 

Edited by keepthefaith