Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

In article in the Seattle Times on Saturday about Pete Buttigieg, he made a disturbing although I guess not too surprising comment.  I was unable to find the article online so I can't provide a link.  Here's a quoted from the story:

Buttigieg  recalled the experiences of several historically oppressed groups and the political movements that brought greater social and political equity. He  called for the "the beginning of a new form of American solidarity" among people who understand that they live "in a society that sees us for what makes us all different."

I find this sad that he sees American as a society that judges people by what they look like.  Of course there is racism in America, but to describe it this way is well, I guess, not too surprising. 

But then the next paragraph says:

But he warned that identity politics can be corrosive on the right and left, and said he feared that it often drove people in his party with a common purpose bitterly apart.

Talk out of both sides of your mouth much?

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Did Biden really say yesterday that the Crime Bill did not lead to mass incarceration? 

He's a mess. And it's hilarious.

You are making fun of someone saying something stupid. :lol:  Please compile the Trump list. You have 2 years to complete it. I hope that's enough time.

Did Biden really say yesterday that the Crime Bill did not lead to mass incarceration? 

Only to those paying attention.  Very little of what he says will be challenged except possibly in a debate with Trump and Trump isn't great at breaking down and challenging statements by others in a convincing way.  Trump will have his hands full against Biden who is well versed in all things government both domestically and internationally along with having strong media tailwinds.  Trump's best weapon is a continued strong economy and chopping down the Democrat party with the phony investigation and getting some indictments, well timed. As for the strong economy, it's on borrowed time IMO. 

Edited by keepthefaith

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If I made fun of everyone who said something stupid, I'd never have time left in my day based on your posting history alone. 

You're terrible at this. :lol: 

Cool story bro! 

Bill Clinton’s legacy is getting thoroughly ruined over his crime bill realm, so Biden will not be able to run away from it

"This is not your father's Republican party. This is a different outfit” — Joe Biden in 2008

“Folks, this is not your father's Republican Party” — Joe Biden in 2012

“This is not your father’s Republican Party, by the way. This is a different outfit” — Joe Biden today

Related image

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF: DNC Bosses Contemplating a Superdelegate Coup if Bernie Sanders Leads in Delegates.

That Joe Biden´s touching is only becoming an issue now confirms liberal media bias
Washington Examiner, by Philip Klein

Original Article

• Like (+1) 1

Are the Dems running a comedy club or are they actually trying to come up with a solid nominee?

Well, we are all laughing at these loons, so it must be the former.

Has there ever been a more disgraceful field in the history of this country?

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If I made fun of everyone who said something stupid, I'd never have time left in my day based on your posting history alone. 

You're terrible at this. :lol: 

Imho that ghast 'lil'MCd is tibs, if by some slim chance he's not,  clearly he is his soulmate.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

D6n-ZUDUEAEqz8D.jpg

They didn’t slow the drive by media bandwagon below 55 before tossing Beto out onto the highway 

27 minutes ago, B-Man said:

How is a service provided by someone else a constitutional right?

His constituency enforcers this view, lots of money to make off of it and selling spare parts

35 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

So sure this happened.

A staffer concocted that retort a week after she was floored in the elevator

Esprit d’escalier....

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

So sure this happened.

If it did, I'd wager heavily that it was her first day as a Senator (or right before she was sworn in), and had nothing to do with her being a woman.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

How is a service provided by someone else a constitutional right?

Abortion is health care.

In fact, since abortion is contraception, and free contraception is a right guaranteed women under the ACA, free abortion is a constitutional right.

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

So sure this happened.

I'm far more pissed off at the idea of "nomenklatura" elevators.  ***** Soviets.