Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Other than satisfying one's ego and adding some lines to the LinkedIn, I'm not sure why she's even bothering.  

She will be one of the first to pack it in.  

A lot of the fringe candidates run so that they can get some national exposure and wind up with a cabinet job or the vice presidency - if their party wins the election.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Trouble is you have to run SOMEBODY who can be taken 50% seriously by the populace.

with only 2 parties and the US population leaping between them every two terms it would help to have someone who is or can be molded into a real candidate

in the UK and Canada the role of PM isn't remotely close to the importance of your President.

55 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Other than satisfying one's ego and adding some lines to the LinkedIn, I'm not sure why she's even bothering.  

Oh no, I'd say she will soon be the front runner 

51 minutes ago, row_33 said:

so liberals on here, which Democratic candidate excites you the most to take the White House in 2020?

(it's okay to 90% know this is a totally lost cause)

Amy 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

If Trump won't visit our soldiers graves in a little rain, I don't think this tough lady will have that problem. 

She's the only moron in that photo without the good common sense to wear a hat in a snowstorm.

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

I actually think she will hang on longer than a some of the others (Warren/Gillibrand).  She's like the female/Dem Kasich.

Edited by snafu

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

On the Monday after the weekend when Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar announced their candidacy for President, is there any new evidence that the NYT has already picked a winner?

Look how the NYT home page structures the coverage this morning:

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-02-11%2Bat%2B5.57.31%2BAM.png

There are 5 women running in the race for the Democratic Party nomination — so many that I have to stop and try to remember them all. I count on my fingers and I google to check my work. And I feel that the NYT is always there to say, Don't worry, don't be confused, there's Kamala, and there's everyone else. 

Also:

Don’t sleep on “Spartacus”.

Planned Parenthood needs to keep their money train alive - even though thy don't give a ***** about unborn babies. 

Thank you MSM. I never would entertain the thought of sleeping on that jug-eared stuttering doofus. Most women wouldn't either. 

21 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Planned Parenthood needs to keep their money train alive - even though thy don't give a ***** about unborn babies. 

Thank you MSM. I never would entertain the thought of sleeping on that jug-eared stuttering doofus. Most women wouldn't either. 

men just join the pro-choice movement because they think it will let them slide on knocking up whatever skank they are using

2 hours ago, snafu said:

She's the only moron in that photo without the good common sense to wear a hat in a snowstorm.

I actually think she will hang on longer than a some of the others (Warren/Gillibrand).  She's like the female/Dem Kasich.

I don't know where she's going to get money to sustain her operation.  Hell, I don't know where any of these early announcers besides Bloomberg are going to get money to keep going for a solid year.  It's Trump 24/7.  He leaves zero tv time for anyone else.  

IMO, the donors that matter are holding the dry powder for Biden.  

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

DzKJEUzWwAAnSqd.jpg:large

Pennsylvania held our past midnight trying to cheat again with results, but it wasn’t working and when they finally had to admit it was all Trump it was ovaaaaaaaaah!