Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Azalin said:

Trope or not, it gains momentum every time the left loses. The number of people who support doing away with the electoral college is growing at an alarming rate.

It's no that surprising considering only 30% of Americans can name the three branches of government and that Democrats have had the higher popular vote in six of the last seven presidential elections.  I don't see 2/3rds of the House and Senate voting for it to end.  Not to mention 38 of the 50 states.

If liberal states want to commit to possibly giving all EC votes to the GOP,  they can knock themselves out

Good cherry picking on just the last 7 elections, it’s the candidate and not the party

the Dems took their sweet time finding a worthy candidate between JFK and WJC...

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's no that surprising considering only 30% of Americans can name the three branches of government and that Democrats have had the higher popular vote in six of the last seven presidential elections.  I don't see 2/3rds of the House and Senate voting for it to end.  Not to mention 38 of the 50 states.

I didn't mean to imply that I found it surprising, only that I find the trend to be troubling. You're looking at the situation sensibly, while opponents of the EC are not. They don't care about what it takes to be rid of the EC, just that they want it gone.

On the Monday after the weekend when Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar announced their candidacy for President, is there any new evidence that the NYT has already picked a winner?

Look how the NYT home page structures the coverage this morning:

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-02-11%2Bat%2B5.57.31%2BAM.png

There are 5 women running in the race for the Democratic Party nomination — so many that I have to stop and try to remember them all. I count on my fingers and I google to check my work. And I feel that the NYT is always there to say, Don't worry, don't be confused, there's Kamala, and there's everyone else. 

Also:

Don’t sleep on “Spartacus”.

Edited by B-Man

Sounds like a better plan than blowing up the whole system: 

Sen. Michael F. Bennet (D-Colo.) was asked about Medicare-for-all:

SENATOR MICHAEL BENNET:

Remember when President Obama said, “If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance.” And then, you know, a few people in America actually lost their insurance because of the way that the plan worked. Now what Democrats are saying is, “If you like your insurance, we’re going to take it away from you,” from 180 million people that get their insurance from their employer and like it, where 20 million Americans who are on Medicare advantage, and love it. That seems like a bad opening offer for me. I think we’d be much better off with a bill like the one I have with Tim Kaine called Medicare X that creates a public option. It, it helps finish the work of Obamacare. And it says to America, “If you want to be in a public plan, you can choose to be in a public plan. If you want to keep your insurance, you can keep your insurance.”

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The headline is a tad misleading. He praises the Dems while saying that none has the "people personality" our president does:

Shouldn't that headline refer to her as his ex-mistress, not ex-girlfriend?

I mean, they were banging the naughties while he was married, so let's call her what she was.

“Professional political reporter” Marianna Sotomayor swings and misses:

soto-600x445.png

Not only did 2016 see Hillary and Jill Stein and Carly Fiorina in the race, but in 1972 both Patsy Mink and Shirley Chisholm were declared candidates for the Democratic nomination. Ben Rhodes was right about the political reporters in DC: they don’t know anything. It’s a shame researching something like this is soooo difficult.

SUPER BONUS: Although her error has been pointed out dozens of times on her twitter feed, NBC *still* has refused to correct.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

BINGO! 

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), who formally launched her 2020 presidential bid Saturday, said Sunday that President Donald Trump “may not even be a free person”  by the 2020 election.

Early in her speech at a campaign stop in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, according to severalreporters present, Warren speculated that Trump may not finish his term.

“Here’s what bothers me, by the time we get to 2020, Donald Trump may not even be president,” Warren reportedly said. “In fact, he may not even be a free person. But here’s how I see it – Donald Trump is not the only problem we’ve got.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/warren-trump-may-not-even-be-a-free-person-by-2020

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You need something, that's for sure. But trying to stop me won't get you anywhere. 

You lead the site in being blocked.    Each post you make is hollower than the prior.  

Less would be more.     Unless you make a valid point sometime this decade 

Trump’s snowman joke was a hoot,  right ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

You lead the site in being blocked.    Each post you make is hollower than the prior.  

Less would be more.     Unless you make a valid point sometime this decade 

Trump’s snowman joke was a hoot,  right ? 

I'm blocked because people can't handle the truth. 

The snowman joke was stupid. The guy blows of visiting troops graves because of a little rain. He sucks 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'm blocked because people can't handle the truth. 

The snowman joke was stupid. The guy blows of visiting troops graves because of a little rain. He sucks 

Theres still time for you to go to trade school and turn your life around. 

Pull yourself together.        The dream handout is not coming.  

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Theres still time for you to go to trade school and turn your life around. 

Pull yourself together.        The dream handout is not coming.  

I'm inventing the solar powered washing machine, so I'll be fine! 

• Haha (+1) 1