Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

7 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

By what logic do those on the left refuse to believe that the party that rigged their own primary did not attempt to rig the federal election?

Look at the debates in 2016.

They had Lester Holt, Anderson Cooper, Martha Raddatz (all huge leftists) doing them. They were interrupting Trump constantly and attacking him while going soft on Hillary. Raddatz even cried on TV after Trump won the election.

You have all the schools around the country where faculty donates to Democrats usually around a 97% rate or higher. Kids are all being manipulated into voting blue by teachers.

Democrats are corrupt as hell.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

No, no, no..............that was all crazy right-wing conspiracy talk..............

624b91b7-1074-43c3-856d-2ff06626a2e4.jpg

Explosive Brazile Confession: Trump and Bernie Were Right, DNC Rigged Nomination For Hillary From the Start

Fire up the microwave and pop some popcorn; things are about to get really ugly inside the Democratic Party.  Throughout the primary election cycle last year, Bernie Sanders and his supporters angrily alleged that the DNC -- supposedly a neutral arbiter -- was actually in the tank for Hillary Clinton. This was denied up and down, with a top Hillary spokesman even wielding Bernie's questions about party favoritism as an attack against him.

In her forthcoming book, former DNC chair Donna Brazile absolutely unloads on her party, blasting Barack Obama for decimating the DNC's finances, savaging the leadership of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and confirming that yes, Hillary Clinton's campaign had the party in its pocket long before she was its nominee. You'll likely recall Donald Trump's frequent play to Bernie supporters during the general election, claiming that the Democratic establishment "rigged" the nominating process against Sanders and for Clinton.  He probably didn't even realize how absolutely accurate that characterization was.  Politico has published an extended excerpt from Brazile's book, and oh my, is it explosive.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/11/02/donna-brazile-trump-and-bernie-were-right-the-dnc-rigged-it-for-hillary-big-league-n2403847

Now.......................democrats on this board, do you really think that you will be allowed to pick the candidate in 2020 either ??

She dedicated the book to Seth Rich.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

You have all the schools around the country where faculty donates to Democrats usually around a 97% rate or higher. Kids are all being manipulated into voting blue by teachers.

The Iraq War and the recession (after the Bush tax cuts) happened under a Republican president so of course younger people are going to identify more with the Democratic Party during their political formative years under Obama.  The same way young people identified more with Republicans during the Reagan years after the economic problems (rising unemployment, increasing gas prices, 1980 recession) and failed foreign policy with the USSR under the Carter administration.  They're going to blame the party in charge whether it's fair or not.  This idea that college campus professors goal is to indoctrate their students with their liberal views is overblown by the right.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The Iraq War and the recession (after the Bush tax cuts) happened under a Republican president so of course younger people are going to identify more with the Democratic Party during their political formative years under Obama.  The same way young people identified more with Republicans during the Reagan years after the economic problems (rising unemployment, increasing gas prices, 1980 recession) and failed foreign policy with the USSR under the Carter administration.  They're going to blame the party in charge whether it's fair or not.  This idea that college campus professors goal is to indoctrate their students with their liberal views is overblown by the right.

Are you actually blaming the recession back then on the Bush tax cuts?

15 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Are you actually blaming the recession back then on the Bush tax cuts?

No.  It's way more complicated than that going all the way back to the Carter administration..  I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of somebody who doesn't follow politics which is most of the population.  

42 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ouch. This is Vanity Fair of all outlets 

The last D presidential candidate attached herself to Obama's policies and explicitly pledged to continue them. She lost. That doesn't answer whether Obama was a bad Predisent, but nobody is going to try that plan again. The only other plan is for a D candidate to distance themself from Obama's policies. There will be "less" progressive candidates, but the vast majority will be "more" progressive. 

• Like (+1) 2

I would just like everyone to know that I am forming an exploratory committee to run for President.

I will be holding a spontaneous press conference to officially announce my candidacy during my morning walk at 8 am on Thursday, as I walk my brand new focus group-tested dog. I may or may not be sipping a beer during my spontaneous press conference, to show that I am in touch with the working class.

I plan on taxing the rich, supporting main street over wall street, favoring the little guy by regulating every part of their life, kissing babies (only if they give informed consent), and not sexually assaulting any women 30 years ago.

Please consider supporting me. We can rebuild this nation together. We are one. We are [insert other focus-group tested nonsense here]. May whatever deity you favor bless America. For our atheist friends, may no deity bless us.

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I hereby announce that I am forming an exploratory committee to explore forming another exploratory committee...

I hope you decide to run and plan to reopen the Department of Redundancy Department.
That is, of course, if you plan to create a Planning Department.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I hope you decide to run and plan to reopen the Department of Redundancy Department.
That is, of course, if you plan to create a Planning Department.

My exploratory committee has already recommended forming a Tiger Team to analyze the planning required to form a working group to study the possibility.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, snafu said:

The last D presidential candidate attached herself to Obama's policies and explicitly pledged to continue them. She lost. That doesn't answer whether Obama was a bad Predisent, but nobody is going to try that plan again. The only other plan is for a D candidate to distance themself from Obama's policies. There will be "less" progressive candidates, but the vast majority will be "more" progressive. 

Al Gore lost running on Bill Clinton's policies and Americans just want change.  It's like when everybody but us wanted the Bills to miss the Superbowl the 4th time around.  

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

1-01Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

My exploratory committee has already recommended forming a Tiger Team to analyze the planning required to form a working group to study the possibility.

Sounds like you will need to fill out a form to form the working group.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

I would just like everyone to know that I am forming an exploratory committee to run for President.

42 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Instapolling from ABCBSNNMBC in conjunction with the Daily Talking Point shows Koko's poll numbers are somewhere among the 53 other announced candidates.  Meanwhile DC Tom struggles with "likability"

• Haha (+1) 1