Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

29 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

One problem is she has less experience than most potential candidate in that she never has been in Congress or the Senate nor been a governor of a state.

The only difference between Michelle and her husband is her husband spent time in elected office voting 'present' all the time.

She's probably more intelligent that Barry,  is equally adept at public speaking, and is more genuine that her husband because she doesn't wear her ego on her sleeve. Barry absolutely out-kicked his coverage when he married her, and I have no doubt she would give anyone in the DNC primary field fits.

She would also give the DNC the black woman candidate they would exploit for using racism and misogyny as foils. Kamala Harris peaked when everyone caught her promoting an edited video of Kavanaugh. That was a rookie mistake that shows her for the unintelligent opportunist that she is.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

The only difference between Michelle and her husband is her husband spent time in elected office voting 'present' all the time.

She's probably more intelligent that Barry,  is equally adept at public speaking, and is more genuine that her husband because she doesn't wear her ego on her sleeve. Barry absolutely out-kicked his coverage when he married her, and I have no doubt she would give anyone in the DNC primary field fits.

She would also give the DNC the black woman candidate they would exploit for using racism and misogyny as foils. Kamala Harris peaked when everyone caught her promoting an edited video of Kavanaugh. That was a rookie mistake that shows her for the unintelligent opportunist that she is.

If Hillary runs that will tell me that the deck of cards is as stacked as it was in 2016.  

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

Sure because a life spent mostly in the bubble academia and in coastal liberal Massachusetts makes you qualified.  If Dems choose her it will be proof that the party learned nothing from recent elections.

Probably hoping now that Sears is slipping under the water that will provide the additional voter base for victory.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

If Hillary runs that will tell me that the deck of cards is as stacked as it was in 2016.  

There is no question about this. It would absolutely stun me if she tried to run again. She literally is unable at times to navigate a flight of stairs, or even a curb, and you can almost hear her body armor bubble-wrap popping and crunching with every step she takes in her Lady Maopants outfits.

I would LOVE for her run, but I just don't see it happening.

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I've been predicting Gov. Jay Inside will run for Prez someday for years and years. He's been to Iowa a few times already.  I think this is the year.

Cory Booker is even more sanctimonious than Rick Sanctimonious.

I like Inslee quite a bit but that lisp is going to hurt his chances.

It's unfortunate, but those things matter.

What I want to see is an unabashed liberal. Hillary lost because she didn't stand for anything. I still have no idea what she was campaigning for and I followed it closely. Her campaign was essentially, "Donald Trump is a bad person, so vote for me." Ideas like $15 minimum wage and universal health care are overwhelmingly popular, yet the left has failed to embrace them out of fear of the S word. Trump proved that the direct approach is the correct approach.

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

There is no question about this. It would absolutely stun me if she tried to run again. She literally is unable at times to navigate a flight of stairs, or even a curb, and you can almost hear her body armor bubble-wrap popping and crunching with every step she takes in her Lady Maopants outfits.

I think that everything that Hillary has done that last year and change was with 2020 in mind.  The media will accommodate her by letting her sit in a chair and her public appearances will mirror the precaution and security methods used by tyrants such as Hitler and Stalin.  If Hillary gets elected the media will provide a physical shield between her and the public.  No Youtube of her going limp this time less the provider of such footage wants to incur some serious wrath

10 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

If she runs again be scared.  It will mean that all the bugs have been worked out of her campaign operations.  She's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I think she learns from mistakes when she has motivation to do so.

15 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Sure because a life spent mostly in the bubble academia and in coastal liberal Massachusetts makes you qualified.  If Dems choose her it will be proof that the party learned nothing from recent elections.

Why not? She is still better than Trump, who just spent his daddies money, tried fixing his daddies will to get it all and then turned to daddy Putin for cash. Trump was a failure in business, corrupt in practice and totally incompetent in running our government. 

She will easily be a massive improvement over Trump 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Why not? She is still better than Trump, who just spent his daddies money, tried fixing his daddies will to get it all and then turned to daddy Putin for cash. Trump was a failure in business, corrupt in practice and totally incompetent in running our government. 

She will easily be a massive improvement over Trump 

Lead paint and lead pipes in your house growing up?

It'll be a big field: 

Definitely Running

Clinton (will run again if not otherwise occupied)

Sanders (will run again - can't win)

Harris (leader out the gate - likely to get the nom or be the VP of an outsider)

Booker (won't win, will be laughed out of the race)

Warren (won't win, earlier than most expect exit)

Avanatti (won't win, early exit)

Cuomo (won't win)

Bloomberg (won't win)

Chris Murphy (won't win, early exit)

Holder (won't win, might be otherwise occupied)

Gillibrand (won't win, early exit)

Biden (won't win, might be otherwise occupied)

Patrick from Mass (won't win, early exit)

Landrieu (won't win, early exit)

Outside shot:

Iger (can't win national, might win nom)

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It'll be a big field: 

Definitely Running

Clinton (will run again if not otherwise occupied)

Sanders (will run again - can't win)

Harris (leader out the gate - likely to get the nom or be the VP of an outsider)

Booker (won't win, will be laughed out of the race)

Warren (won't win, earlier than most expect exit)

Avanatti (won't win, early exit)

Cuomo (won't win)

Bloomberg (won't win)

Chris Murphy (won't win, early exit)

Holder (won't win, might be otherwise occupied)

Gillibrand (won't win, early exit)

Biden (won't win, might be otherwise occupied)

Patrick from Mass (won't win, early exit)

Landrieu (won't win, early exit)

Outside shot:

Iger (can't win national, might win nom)

Interesting and probable scenario.  Been a lot of whack job noise about working Chelsea Clinton in somehow but I don't think that the Democrats would swallow that when it comes to the primaries and caucuses.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Interesting and probable scenario.  Been a lot of whack job noise about working Chelsea Clinton in somehow but I don't think that the Democrats would swallow that when it comes to the primaries and caucuses.

I think they have 2024 penciled in for Chelsea's first run... maybe 2028 after a term in the Senate (watch her primary Gillibrand as payback for G slamming Bill's sexual crimes earlier this year - after taking millions from the Clintons for years). 

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think they have 2024 penciled in for Chelsea's first run... maybe 2028 after a term in the Senate (watch her primary Gillibrand as payback for G slamming Bill's sexual crimes earlier this year - after taking millions from the Clintons for years). 

A high profile office is necessary in my mind for Chelsea to be taken seriously by most Dems as a POTUS nominee.  The problem is her reputation is that she is dumb as a box of rocks and lacks the Clinton cunning so I have issues that she could beat a somewhat proficient opponent.

23 minutes ago, westside said:

He gets paid to post this sh ite. He doesn't believe the crap he posts. He's Soros bot.  No free will of his own. He has to be told what to say.

That makes no sense. None of you would ever vote for a Democrat, so why would I be paid to post? 

A high profile office is necessary in my mind for Chelsea to be taken seriously by most Dems as a POTUS nominee.  The problem is her reputation is that she is dumb as a box of rocks and lacks the Clinton cunning so I have issues that she could beat a somewhat proficient opponent.

She definitely needs a high profile win/election before she can run for POTUS. As for the bolded, the Clinton political machine has ways to get around proficient opponents: 

Image result for jfk junior meme

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She definitely needs a high profile win/election before she can run for POTUS. As for the bolded, the Clinton political machine has ways to get around proficient opponents: 

Image result for jfk junior meme

I was waiting for a congressional seat down state to have Clinton rumored to be interested in running for until we got past the primaries this year.

I was waiting for a congressional seat down state to have Clinton rumored to be interested in running for until we got past the primaries this year.

:beer: I was watching that as well. But I'm telling you, don't under estimate the Clinton's pettiness and need for revenge. Gillibrand bit the hand that fed her for YEARS. Chelsea is coming for her seat - might even go as far as Arkancide if KG doesn't back away like the good puppet she is.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: I was watching that as well. But I'm telling you, don't under estimate the Clinton's pettiness and need for revenge. Gillibrand bit the hand that fed her for YEARS. Chelsea is coming for her seat - might even go as far as Arkancide if KG doesn't back away like the good puppet she is.

Rumor is that Gillibrand is depressed and feels she has lost any purpose in life...........................................................................................

• Haha (+1) 2

Yep. She should be put on double tap suicide watch for her own good. 

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Rumor is that Gillibrand is depressed and feels she has lost any purpose in life...........................................................................................

• Like (+1) 1