Andy Benoit: The Good, the Bad, and the Season Outlook for the NFL’s Rookie Quarterbacks; Added Any Given Sunday Write Up from FBO's Rivers McCown

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Do you have access to The Athletic via subscription to truthfully post this?

Corner I thank you for bringing this stuff to us it does have a real value on the board

having said that......this is frackin bad....just bad....and I think you know that regardless of what your personal feelings are on Josh Allen.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Corner I thank you for bringing this stuff to us it does have a real value on the board

having said that......this is frackin bad....just bad....and I think you know that regardless of what your personal feelings are on Josh Allen.

That's your personal assessment based on partial information.  Own it without sharing. :)

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Zero TDs on deep balls.  Read carefully. 

And how many drops on deep balls?

I can think of two passes that were on Allen.  GB and the over thrown to KB last week.

I don't/can't remember the other games.

I honestly don't think they have thrown more than 10 "deep" balls this season since our only deep threat can't catch.

Edited by The Wiz

50 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's your personal assessment based on partial information.  Own it without sharing. :)

There was more than enough hyperbolic crap in the snippet to fill 6 crappy articles.  One needn't read the whole thing to see tons of unnecessary insults.

It is sad that some people are so invested in the failure of a 22 year old kid because without it they might be wrong.  

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

There was more than enough hyperbolic crap in the snippet to fill 6 crappy articles.  One needn't read the whole thing to see tons of unnecessary insults.

It is sad that some people are so invested in the failure of a 22 year old kid because without it they might be wrong.  

Hyperbolic? See the ridiculous offerings from you in the Andrew Luck Excuse Thread.  :lol::lol:

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Corner.....this is OUR qb you are talking about....I could give two ***** about Andrew Luck

I don't want sugar-coated assessments on Allen as some kind of salve to make me feel better. He is where he is with the sincerest hopes he'll improve and go on to be the franchise QB we all want and need in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't want sugar-coated assessments on Allen as some kind of salve to make me feel better. He is where he is with the sincerest hopes he'll improve and go on to be the franchise QB we all want and need in Buffalo. 

Suger coat assessments?

This article IS GOING OVERBOARD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.....lets have some balance here for christ sake

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hyperbolic? See the ridiculous offerings from you in the Andrew Luck Excuse Thread.  :lol::lol:

Pointing out that he hasn't turn out as advertised is fact based.  You may disagree......fine.  You also thought Tim Murray was a good GM so there is that.

I don't get why you seem to enjoy Allen being bashed but to each his own.  

Im not gonna tell anyone how to write......I can bash the writing they choose to do.

For instance.....in that last drive last week (you know the come from behind victory.....the drive that has seemed to elude us in recent years)

Josh Allen threw like 3 passe......all on the money...one of them a perfect pass to Shady that he zipped in there and gave Shady enough time to catch it.....make a move and gain even more yardage.

In itself is this like this "great" thing?  No....however it was done by a raw rookie in a pressure situation.......if he is as bad as this article is made out to be why didnt he wilt under the moment?

the fact is he did not.....the fact is while Josh has been inaccurate he as also had some very nice throws...in particular throws that should have resulted in points but didnt.....he is in fact the rookie qb of a team that has beaten a super bowl contender and a division leader.......

Where are these things in the articles?   W.H.E.R.E.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Im not gonna tell anyone how to write......I can bash the writing they choose to do.

For instance.....in that last drive last week (you know the come from behind victory.....the drive that has seemed to elude us in recent years)

Josh Allen threw like 3 passe......all on the money...one of them a perfect pass to Shady that he zipped in there and gave Shady enough time to catch it.....make a move and gain even more yardage.

In itself is this like this "great" thing?  No....however it was done by a raw rookie in a pressure situation.......if he is as bad as this article is made out to be why didnt he wilt under the moment?

the fact is he did not.....the fact is while Josh has been inaccurate he as also had some very nice throws...in particular throws that should have resulted in points but didnt.....he is in fact the rookie qb of a team that has beaten a super bowl contender and a division leader.......

Where are these things in the articles?   W.H.E.R.E.

They essentially took the ball out of Allen's hands on the ten play drive and instead relied on the run game to get the job done.  Josh threw two of the easiest passes you'll ever see an NFL QB complete to McCoy and McCloud both within 5 yards of the LoS.   They made it extremely easy on him by design as stated by McDermott, Dabol, and Josh Allen himself. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They essentially took the ball out of Allen's hands on the ten play drive and instead relied on the run game to get the job done.  Josh threw two of the easiest passes you'll ever see an NFL QB complete to McCoy and McCloud both within 5 yards of the LoS.   They made it extremely easy on him by design as stated by McDermott, Dabol, and Josh Allen himself. 

Christ

Just throw it into coverage Josh and let it get picked........fans dont expect much from you anyway

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Would you like him better if he got a neck tattoo and failed with the game on the line?

For Pete's sake we won the damn game.

22 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Another Rivers McCown writeup.  This time at The Athletic.

Texans Film Breakdown: Houston's defense should feast on the Bills

The Buffalo Bills have won two games this season, and they did both as massive underdogs. In fact, their win over the Vikings was the first time in NFL history a team has won a game by 14 or more points after being a 14-point or more underdog. Houston is favored by 10 points, with all the line movement coming only after it was announced that Deshaun Watson had a chest injury.

Texans fans will be quite familiar with what Bills head coach Sean McDermott is doing: It’s essentially the same game plan that Bill O’Brien used before he had Watson on the roster. Buffalo’s objective will be to run the ball successfully, eat a lot of clock and rely on its defense to stifle Houston’s offense. In Buffalo’s two wins, the Bills had 81 running plays and threw the ball just 45 times. They are like Homer Simpson boxing: They want to wear you out and nudge you over rather than having to actually trade punches.

When Buffalo has the ball

The known: Josh Allen simply can’t throw with any accuracy, and the Buffalo offense as a whole is a tribute to the 1960s. He’s missing open receivers as his renowned arm has led to no advantage for his offense. Per data from Sports Info Solutions, Allen has completed 7 of 33 deep balls for 205 yards and four interceptions. And zero touchdowns. Asked to check through his progressions, Allen has at times created comedic tape. This pass from last week’s game against the Titans was a masterpiece. He not only refused to see the open receivers, but also threw a dump-off pass at the feet of Taiwan Jones.

The remainder of what McCown wrote about Allen in this preview piece:

Where Allen has actually been dangerous is with his feet. He has 30 DYAR on the ground as a scrambler. The Texans, under defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel, have at times been a heavy man-to-man defense. I would not be surprised if Allen converted a few first downs with his legs should they live up to that on Sunday.

If the Texans are able to catch Allen with their pass rushers, they should be able to create some key opportunities for the offense. Allen has taken a league-high 19 sacks, putting him on pace for one of the 10 worst seasons in that category in league history. He’s been pressured on 30.3 percent of his dropbacks per Sports Info Solutions data, and hasn’t reacted very well to it. Per NFL Matchup’s data, his quarterback rating when pressured is 1.6. It would not be surprising for the Texans to create a defensive touchdown or at least turn the ball over deep in Buffalo territory for the offense. In fact, the Texans should worry about the pass rush if it doesn’t step up this week.

21 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I recall one deep ball throw From Allen that should've been a TD. Perfect pass against Minnesota to Foster and of course it went right through his hands. 

Other than that his deep ball has looked pretty bad, either underthrown or overthrown badly. 

Yup, that was a perfect pass to Foster (who should never be playing in the nfl in the first place, great job with our offensive personnel).   But what point is a big arm if you never take deep shots?  I’d rather have Allen throw a long interception that acts like a punt than this ? fest offense.  

23 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Is this supposed to be real journalism?

"Cant throw with any accuracy"   ok his accuracy has not been the best...but COME ON

Missing wide open recievers

Allen has not thrown for a touchdown?

Comedic tape?

!@#$ this guy

I have said misery loves company.  

Now the OP has to defend this trashy reporting.  

I’m guessing the OP isn’t an Allen fan.