Griff28

How is Dean Marlowe not still around?

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Is Marlowe really worse than Rafael Bush?  But maybe I'm just noticing the big drop-off from Micah Hyde.

I agree. I've been super disappointed in Bush's play thus far. But maybe McDermott is seeing something we can't. I think we will see Marlowe again. 

59 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thank goodness that our long national nightmare is over

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, vincec said:

Because now we have to keep 3 QBs on the roster because our backup can't play or mentor Allen.

Just put Peterman on the Practice Squad now, I don't think there is any fear of another team clain=ming him off waivers; heck, there should be no worries that any team ranked in the NCAA top 10 would claim him.

9 hours ago, vincec said:

Because now we have to keep 3 QBs on the roster because our backup can't play or mentor Allen.

If they Kept McCarron - they could have dumped Peterman after the 1st game.  One of the most ridiculous decisions this group has made.  2QB's on the roster with no experience to start the season.  Beyond stupid.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is why Marlowe was released. Bills had no concern whatsoever that a team would claim him.

He’s just a guy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I wonder how many players have ever done the complete "NFL around the world" in less than a week? Marlowe went from PS to 53 to 46 to starting 11 to making a couple plays and back to waiver wire in four days.

I'll bet you it;'s in the hundreds if not more.  like someone posted above, life on the roster fringe.

McDermotts process and choices leave a lot to be desired. The fact Peterman is on the active roster is a joke. 

59 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is a thread?

But coach he played so well on Sunday when they literally lined him up 20 yards off the ball and said "don't let anyone behind you." Guys that can do that HAVE to be on the roster! 🙄

8 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Thank goodness that our long national nightmare is over

I was in utter terror!

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Oh phew I was worried 😂.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

A gold star to the OP of the 'How is Ruben Holcomb not still around?" thread.

Forget that! I wanna know where Kelly Holcomb is. 

Do we have to complain about every single bottom of the roster player?

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He didn’t play well in the preseason. Anyway, glad he was ok last week which is a tribute to the secondary coach, but the two guys ahead of him are back. 

He was only elevated to the active roster last week because two guys ahead of him on the depth chart were injured and inactive. They are both back practicing so he’s not needed anymore. No real mystery here. 

What’s odd is how much angst I’ve seen over Dean Marlowe. It’s JWill-Esque. Not quite Brandon Reilly level but a 7 on the scrub-love scale. 

Agree - do not understand why this is difficult to understand. Needed to fill in for 2 injured who are returning plus do not need 5 safeties.

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Forget that! I wanna know where Kelly Holcomb is. 

Offensive coordinator at Riverdale High School in Tennessee :D

Edited by Blokestradamus

Marlowe re-signed to the practice sqwuad so his fan-boys can calm down. Kerley  hasnt even gotten an interview with a team, has he? That should tell you something

20 minutes ago, Pablocruise said:

Marlowe re-signed to the practice sqwuad so his fan-boys can calm down. Kerley  hasnt even gotten an interview with a team, has he? That should tell you something

Pats brought in Kerley, but they have worked out every FA WR at this point. Not signed though. 

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'll bet you it;'s in the hundreds if not more.  like someone posted above, life on the roster fringe.

Practice squad to starter and then cut In four days? PS to active 46 sure because of emergencies, and then a lot of them stick for a couple weeks  I'm not so sure there are many that went right from activated Saturday to starter Sunday to waived Tuesday.