How is Dean Marlowe not still around?

Griff28

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He didn’t play well in the preseason. Anyway, glad he was ok last week which is a tribute to the secondary coach, but the two guys ahead of him are back. 

He was only elevated to the active roster last week because two guys ahead of him on the depth chart were injured and inactive. They are both back practicing so he’s not needed anymore. No real mystery here. 

What’s odd is how much angst I’ve seen over Dean Marlowe. It’s JWill-Esque. Not quite Brandon Reilly level but a 7 on the scrub-love scale. 

Agree - do not understand why this is difficult to understand. Needed to fill in for 2 injured who are returning plus do not need 5 safeties.

20 minutes ago, Pablocruise said:

Marlowe re-signed to the practice sqwuad so his fan-boys can calm down. Kerley  hasnt even gotten an interview with a team, has he? That should tell you something

Pats brought in Kerley, but they have worked out every FA WR at this point. Not signed though. 

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'll bet you it;'s in the hundreds if not more.  like someone posted above, life on the roster fringe.

Practice squad to starter and then cut In four days? PS to active 46 sure because of emergencies, and then a lot of them stick for a couple weeks  I'm not so sure there are many that went right from activated Saturday to starter Sunday to waived Tuesday. 

39 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Practice squad to starter and then cut In four days? PS to active 46 sure because of emergencies, and then a lot of them stick for a couple weeks  I'm not so sure there are many that went right from activated Saturday to starter Sunday to waived Tuesday. 

Yeah, I suppose the starter part does make it rather unique.

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah, I suppose the starter part does make it rather unique.

I think it is really becuase they want to keep Siran Neal, who simply isn't ready to play real minutes, but would get claimed if let go. It is definitely unique.