How is Dean Marlowe not still around?

Griff28

26 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Exactly...It makes no sense at all...He played well, all preseason, gets the start, then McBean gets rid of him.....these dudes don't have a clue.....10 Draft picks next season...the 1st 3 rounds will be Defense of players....TIME TO HIT THE RESET BUTTON AGAIN.

He didn’t play well in the preseason. Anyway, glad he was ok last week which is a tribute to the secondary coach, but the two guys ahead of him are back. 

1 hour ago, Griff28 said:

The guy has a history with McBeane.  Played well in the pre-season.  Was on the practice squad for the first four games.  Was elevated to the active roster, STARTED and played well in a game five win.  Was then cut to make room for a third quarterback and replaced on the practice squad by a TE (Towbridge) who has no real chance of being an active roster guy any time soon.  Granted not a huge deal with a back up safety but it all seems very odd...

He was only elevated to the active roster last week because two guys ahead of him on the depth chart were injured and inactive. They are both back practicing so he’s not needed anymore. No real mystery here. 

What’s odd is how much angst I’ve seen over Dean Marlowe. It’s JWill-Esque. Not quite Brandon Reilly level but a 7 on the scrub-love scale. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Exactly...It makes no sense at all...He played well, all preseason, gets the start, then McBean gets rid of him.....these dudes don't have a clue.....10 Draft picks next season...the 1st 3 rounds will be Defense of players....TIME TO HIT THE RESET BUTTON AGAIN.

On your face maybe.  Lunacy.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Is Marlowe really worse than Rafael Bush?  But maybe I'm just noticing the big drop-off from Micah Hyde.

I agree. I've been super disappointed in Bush's play thus far. But maybe McDermott is seeing something we can't. I think we will see Marlowe again. 

7 hours ago, vincec said:

Because now we have to keep 3 QBs on the roster because our backup can't play or mentor Allen.

Just put Peterman on the Practice Squad now, I don't think there is any fear of another team clain=ming him off waivers; heck, there should be no worries that any team ranked in the NCAA top 10 would claim him.

9 hours ago, vincec said:

Because now we have to keep 3 QBs on the roster because our backup can't play or mentor Allen.

If they Kept McCarron - they could have dumped Peterman after the 1st game.  One of the most ridiculous decisions this group has made.  2QB's on the roster with no experience to start the season.  Beyond stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I wonder how many players have ever done the complete "NFL around the world" in less than a week? Marlowe went from PS to 53 to 46 to starting 11 to making a couple plays and back to waiver wire in four days.

I'll bet you it;'s in the hundreds if not more.  like someone posted above, life on the roster fringe.

59 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is a thread?

But coach he played so well on Sunday when they literally lined him up 20 yards off the ball and said "don't let anyone behind you." Guys that can do that HAVE to be on the roster! ?