How is Dean Marlowe not still around?

Griff28

The guy has a history with McBeane.  Played well in the pre-season.  Was on the practice squad for the first four games.  Was elevated to the active roster, STARTED and played well in a game five win.  Was then cut to make room for a third quarterback and replaced on the practice squad by a TE (Towbridge) who has no real chance of being an active roster guy any time soon.  Granted not a huge deal with a back up safety but it all seems very odd...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Griff28 said:

The guy has a history with McBeane.  Played well in the pre-season.  Was on the practice squad for the first four games.  Was elevated to the active roster, STARTED and played well in a game five win.  Was then cut to make room for a third quarterback and replaced on the practice squad by a TE (Towbridge) who has no real chance of being an active roster guy any time soon.  Granted not a huge deal with a back up safety but it all seems very odd...

Because the system makes it relatively easy to step in as a DB and play well.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Because Hyde or Bush...Or both will be back this week.

Well, there IS that. 

I won’t be surprised for a second if he’s back in some capacity soon. This is life on the fringe. 

• Like (+1) 1

I get the Anderson up to speed thing and perhaps Marlowe didn't play as well as I/we believe he did (Good point MrEpsYtown) but it still seems odd to bring Towbridge back, instead of Marlowe, at this point when Towbridge wasn't even part of the original PS group after the final cuts were made.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Griff28 said:

I get the Anderson up to speed thing and perhaps Marlowe didn't play as well as I/we believe he did (Good point MrEpsYtown) but it still seems odd to bring Towbridge back, instead of Marlowe, at this point when Towbridge wasn't even part of the original PS group after the final cuts were made.

Marlowe has to clear wavers first. I still believe Nate will be gone soon.

51 minutes ago, Griff28 said:

Exactly...It makes no sense at all...He played well, all preseason, gets the start, then McBean gets rid of him.....these dudes don't have a clue.....10 Draft picks next season...the 1st 3 rounds will be Defense of players....TIME TO HIT THE RESET BUTTON AGAIN.

56 minutes ago, Griff28 said:

They will bring him back after the McCoy trade?

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I feel like he will make it back to the practice squad eventually. I feel like he played well. Perhaps he didn't play as well as we think. 

Is Marlowe really worse than Rafael Bush?  But maybe I'm just noticing the big drop-off from Micah Hyde.

• Like (+1) 1