SNF - The Marquee Matchup of Week Six: KC vs. NE at 8:20 PM ET on NBC

Edelman: Josh Gordon can be big piece of Pats offense

Wide receiver Josh Gordon has flashed his talent on limited snaps since joining the New England Patriots via trade with the Cleveland Browns in mid-September.

Gordon, who has been nursing a hamstring injury, logged 36 total snaps in the past two games. He made the most of his time on the field in that span with four catches for 82 yards and a touchdown on six targets.

Whenever the Patriots elect to fully assimilate Gordon into the offense, wide receiver Julian Edelmanbelieves the best is yet to come.

"Dude works hard, great teammates," Edelman told reporters Thursday, via the Patriots' official website. "I really think he can be a really big piece for us.

Patrick Mahomes reveals the one big thing he’s learned from watching film of Tom Brady

Patrick Mahomes has been one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL this year, and one reason why he's been so good is because he's done his best to emulate some of the league's top quarterbacks, including Tom Brady.

During an interview this week, Mahomes revealed that he's watched a lot of film on Brady over the year and during those sessions, he picked up one big thing from the Patriots quarterback: his ability to move in the pocket. 

"Just the way he can move within the pocket and still find lanes to throw the ball is something that I find is truly special," Mahomes said of what he picked up from Brady, via quotes distributed by the team. "I mean, I try to do that, but I mean, you have to keep working on that. He's done that his whole entire career, and it's something that bought him a lot of extra time in the pocket to make a lot of great throws."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

How the Chiefs and Patriots Have Brought College Offenses to the NFL

KC_NE_waterillo_16_9_NEW.jpg&w=920&h=518

Adam Teicher ESPN Staff Writer

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Washington State head coach Mike Leach watches as much pro football as he can. And Leach can't remember the last time he failed to see a team using concepts and sometimes exact plays from the Air Raid offensive system he became famous for first at Texas Tech and then at Washington State, a system he has used even before that when he was an offensive coordinator.

"I'm watching a game and all of a sudden I see something we ran just the other day," Leach said. "It's every team and every game now."

Two of the biggest practitioners of the college concepts meet Sunday night, when the New England Patriots host the Kansas City Chiefs. Expect a lot of shotgun formations, spread fields, option plays and other college concepts.

It hasn't always been that way across the league, though, with coaches criticizing quarterbacks from college spread offenses.

But while others complained about the difficulty of teaching a spread quarterback an NFL offense, Chiefs coach Andy Reid embraced it. Last year in the first round the Chiefs drafted Patrick Mahomes, a spread quarterback in college at Texas Tech who rarely took a snap from under center.

21 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Is it sad that I'm a little more excited to watch this game than the bills game 

I mEan the Bills always trump every other sporting event for me.  But if I wasn’t a Bills fan, they would probably be the last team I would watch.  They are a boring team.  

On 10/10/2018 at 9:04 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This is the game that the Patriots ALWAYS win. The first quarter-of-the-season hot shot team comes into Foxborough and ends up getting beaten soundly. We've seen it every year, folks. I'll obviously be hoping KC can pull one out for the Bills sake, but my gut tells me NE takes care of business as they always do. 

One can only hope, but I doubt it.

Last season KC trounced the Pats 42 to 27 in Foxboro

This year KC is 5-0 so far don't think for one second that Andy Reid has not gotten into BBs head.

I am looking forward to this game!

Edited by cd1

2 hours ago, cd1 said:

Last season KC trounced the Pats 42 to 27 in Foxboro

This year KC is 5-0 so far don't think for one second that Andy Reid has not gotten into BBs head.

I am looking forward to this game!

I'll come back to this post after the game to either eat crow or rub it in your face.

Mike Reiss - ESPN

r445990_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570

The Patriots are 23-0 at home in the regular season against QBs younger than 25, so what does that mean for the 23-year-old Chiefs star?

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots have had many notable accomplishments in the 19 years of the Bill Belichick/Tom Brady era, and Sunday night's showdown against the Kansas City Chiefs brings one to the forefront.

The Patriots are 23-0 at home in the regular season against quarterbacks younger than 25 years old, according to ESPN’s Stats & Information. It started with a win over Tim Couch and the Cleveland Browns in 2001, while the most recent game to fall into this category was the 2018 opener against Deshaun Watson and the Houston Texans.

Next up: Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who became the first player to throw for 10 touchdowns in a team's first two games. He turned 23 on Sept. 17.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz