Do you want the Bills to make the playoffs this year?

corta765

Do you want the Bills to make the playoffs this year?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs in 2018

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I’ve been a fan since the late 60s. Not settling for good enough doesn’t mean I’m not a real fan. You need to play the long game and become a contender. This team has been bad for so long that it’s brainwashed some fans into lowered expectations by thinking just making the playoffs is the goal.

Being a perennial playoff team leads to attracting free agents and at cheaper prices which leads to superbowls. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, corta765 said:

OK before you comment and tell me that there is no way they make the playoffs they suck etc... I got it. I think they win somewhere between 4-6 games so I am not saying they make it. BUT the path truthfully looks something like this if they want to have a real shot:

Wk 6 Win at Texans Watson doesn't play 

Wk 7 Win at Colts Luck is held in by our D and still shaky

Wk 10 Win at Jets

Wk 13 Win at Miami

Wk 14 Win vs Jets

Wk 15 Win vs Detroit

Wk 17 Win vs Miami

This would give them a 9-7 record and 7-5 conference record. Given how bad the AFC is that would keep them in the hunt. If they somehow could get to 10 wins and pickup a win specifically against the Jags which would boost their conference record to 8-4 things would be solid. 

Realistically those are the games they have probably the best chance to take at this point no one is predicting wins against NE and CHI/JAX look pretty formidable at this point.

Playoffs? No thank you! I'm still smarting from wrecking our awesome playoff drought. Nothing I like more than draft talk in September

/s

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Unless the team is a legitimate threat to make it to the Super Bowl, I’d rather they don’t make it and get a higher pick and easier schedule next season. And they are definitely not a legitimate threat.

I truly understand this sentiment, but I also like the idea of young guys learning to battle and win together. We are NOT a serious threat to go deep, but building a winning mentality has some appeal. (Having said that, it would be SWEET to pick in the top 5 every round!) 

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If you don't want the Bills to make the playoffs then you are NOT a real fan. Point blank period.

And this is decided by.......you? 

People would rather be in the playoffs than not, but there is a certain reality we need to consider, at least. 

There are some blind haters whose motives I question, but not true fans who just have a longer view. It’s a valid opinion. 

What blows my mind it that there ARE people that don't want them to get to the playoffs again this year. I cant see where that is a desire. Did you that voted no not understand the question. It isn't do you think they will but do you want them to. 

AS A REAL FAN I WANT THEM TO WIN FROM NOW TO FEBRUARY!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT WANT THEM TO WIN? 

Ok, I'm good now

Edited by fansince88

Do I want them to succeed, yes.  Would I prefer the team to look competitive and lose for a higher draft pick, bigger yes.

I don't expect much this year so getting a win here and there is fine but I really want to see some progress from the offense.  Defense looks to be progressing just fine.

Edited by The Wiz