Hot Button Topic - Will The Bills Bench Josh Allen For Derek Anderson?

Will The Bills Bench Josh Allen For Derek Anderson?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills Bench Josh Allen for Derek Anderson

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If Allen got hurt, I would put in Peterman. There is no long term benefit to having Anderson play. At least with Peterman you would see if he can at least be counted on to be the back up QB. Otherwise it is just a wasted roster spot and there is no reason why he should be on the active roster.

How can anyone possibly think that this is still a determination to be made? He can't be relied upon to be capable backup. He can't be relied on to be a placeholder. He can't be relied on to be anything other than one of the very worst Quarterbacks to ever play in the league. Why? Because that is what he is. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson got called in after Allen maybe struggled during the first half of some random game... but nothing permenant...

But the only scenario for Allen to be designated as a permenant backup would be if the Bills made a legitimate playoff push and Allen was the one thing holding them back.

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

How can anyone possibly think that this is still a determination to be made? He can't be relied upon to be capable backup. He can't be relied on to be a placeholder. He can't be relied on to be anything other than one of the very worst Quarterbacks to ever play in the league. Why? Because that is what he is. 

He shouldn't be on the roster if that is the case. Obviously the coaching staff does not agree.

WGR just trying to stir the pot! Would be idiotic for the Bills to play Anderson or Peterman at any point this year unless Josh is injured! The kid is a rookie playing the most important position on the team with few players on offense to lean on. For all the moaning and groaning about his play against the Titans, he wasn’t asked to do a whole lot. He led them to three scores and a game winning drive. Plus a botched FG which would have been four scores against a team that was 3-1. Some of you need patience!

20 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If Allen got hurt, I would put in Peterman. There is no long term benefit to having Anderson play. At least with Peterman you would see if he can at least be counted on to be the back up QB. Otherwise it is just a wasted roster spot and there is no reason why he should be on the active roster.

The ONLY sliver of optimism that I would even listen to regarding Peterman... Is he may be able to perform AVERAGE against a Below AVERAGE denfense that didn't game plan for him.. Basically he comes in after an injury against a ****ty defense that can't adjust.

Thats it though.  He's trash playing qb in any other scenario.  Maybe he can kick, idk.

Look if Josh doesn't get much better and fast they have to. McD isn't going to just piss away the season on performances like GB and Tenn (which we almost lost because of Josh). 

Allen is so raw right now. There's a good argument to suggest he'd actually benefit from sitting for a few games, and watching a vet QB go through the process of preparing to play and debriefing afterward. He might appreciate the opportunity more next time around.

Allen is still the future but you can't completely punt on the present in favour of one guy's future. It sends the wrong message to the team. He can play again when we're out of it.

Edited by VW82

41 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No, he's not getting benched for Anderson.  The only way he comes out is by way of injury or a high sack game. Derek was hired to be a glorified player coach (qb) for Josh. Instill a little wisdom and play only if he has to. The bigger question is why is Peterman still on this roster?

Because he knows the playbook. Give it two weeks for Anderson to learn it and Peterman is on the practice squad or worse.

Benching Josh Allen is throwing in the towel on him. I won't be fine with the team doing that unless they are pretty sure Josh Allen can't be that guy. 

The good news is he has 2 wins as a rookie QB on a low budget team that had a piss poor offence before he arrived. 

Just to entertain your hypothetical, this new QB whoever he is probably isn't some game changer to put your hopes on. He would struggle as well. 

I voted "YES" but the poll doesn't stipulate "WHEN" the benching takes place.

It will take a while for it to happen.

BTW:  I think this is a horrible idea and Allen should NOT be benched.  However, I think this coaching staff will add to their comedy of errors and replace Allen with Anderson.

This season should be about Allen's development, not treading water with a total nobody like Anderson.  And the only way to develop Allen is for him to play.

9 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

HELL NO... Allen is the starter unless injured

You seem to be saying you would not bench Allen for Anderson.  

That's not the question here.  Will the Bills bench Allen for Anderson?  That's the question! 

I think they will.

And yes, that's a huge mistake.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I voted "YES" but the poll doesn't stipulate "WHEN" the benching takes place.

It will take a while for it to happen.

BTW:  I think this is a horrible idea and Allen should NOT be benched.  However, I think this coaching staff will add to their comedy of errors and replace Allen with Anderson.

This season should be about Allen's development, not treading water with a total nobody like Anderson.  And the only way to develop Allen is for him to play.

You seem to be saying you would not bench Allen for Anderson.  

That's not the question here.  Will the Bills bench Allen for Anderson?  That's the question! 

I think they will.

And yes, that's a huge mistake.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying.. and I do not believe the Bills will bench him either. Anderson is here to be a backup and a mentor. 

I don't think Anderson is nearly as bad as many on here are making him out to be. I mean I know he's no Tom Brady.. but he's definitely not Peterman. Anybody that's comparing the two does not know what they're talking about. He's a very capable backup in this league, but just that. A backup. I think he's here because they know that if Allen is hurt, we're going to lose by 40 every week with Peterman, and he's a veteran QB that so many have been clamoring for to have Josh learn from. I wouldn't be surprised to see Peterman cut after about 2 weeks of Anderson learning the playbook.

Edited by CLTbills