What I'd do to see a fun entertaining high scoring Bills game...... Will it happen???

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So right.  We have a site where we can make our opinions known and post threads.  I am not a lemming, nor do I buy into the excuses the FO & Coaching Staff makes.  I watch football to be entertained and the Bills are my team.  

They are painful to watch and are so far behind the NFL trend it is pathetic.  

here's the thing...going into this year, i think we were all very well aware that it was going to be a struggle.  whether or not we liked it, it was going to be a down year in hopes that this team will be rebuild the right way, and we won't have to deal with decades of failure.  i have no idea if this will work out, but that's the plan.  this is not the final vision of the team.  the bills wouldn't have traded up for a qb if this was the final vision of the team.  it's going to take time.  you may not like that, but that's life.

your options going into this year were to patient and watch some hopeful development of young players, knowing it would be a bit difficult, or come to a message board and create threads about how winning this year isn't exciting enough for you.  you made your choice.  

remember, a lot of posters were predicting the bills starting 0-8.  any win should make you happy. if it doesn't, that's a you problem, and just stop watching.  i can't believe there's an adult in this world who would complain about something like that. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So right.  We have a site where we can make our opinions known and post threads.  I am not a lemming, nor do I buy into the excuses the FO & Coaching Staff makes.  I watch football to be entertained and the Bills are my team.  

They are painful to watch and are so far behind the NFL trend it is pathetic.  

The Bills couldn't throw the ball then too......  The defense played takeaway and a lot of short fields.....

In terms of passing yards they are in the bottom 3 the past 4 seasons and thankfully 2014 saw Kyle Orton light up the league and the Bills ranked 18!!!!!

Oh...so now it goes from scoring points to having to score points passing the ball.  The act of scoring points now becomes irrelevant if its done by running the ball in. Ok. Got it. Carry on.

SMFH. Why do I even bother?

Edited by matter2003

17 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Oh...so now it goes from scoring points to having to score points passing the ball.  The act of scoring points now becomes irrelevant if its done by running the ball in. Ok. Got it. Carry on.

SMFH. Why do I even bother?

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So for some the Bills should be entertaining rather than a winner.  That makes a whole lot of sense.

you two are lemmings.

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

But if we win that will affect THE PROCESS........  How many years are we buying this cr$p.......

this doesn't make any sense.  can you clarify?

also, what would you like the fans to do about it?  again, we knew what this year would be.  we either have to wait through the year like adults, or not watch.  it's strange that people have asked you reasonable questions, and have given you reasonable explanations, yet you never respond.  it's easier to take the complaining approach.  isn't it easier to have a good football discussion that referring to others as lemmings because we don't think the wins are fancy enough?

Edited by teef

1 hour ago, teef said:

this doesn't make any sense.  can you clarify?

also, what would you like the fans to do about it?  again, we knew what this year would be.  we either have to wait through the year like adults, or not watch.  it's strange that people have asked you reasonable questions, and have given you reasonable explanations, yet you never respond.  it's easier to take the complaining approach.  isn't it easier to have a good football discussion that referring to others as lemmings because we don't think the wins are fancy enough?

Because you believe everything hook, line & sinker?  New regime, blames old regime for the mess, blows up the team that was .500, has one more win and makes the playoffs.  Then follows that up with another dismantling, no vision for the offense outside drafting their QB of the future and spare parts everywhere.

Look around the league and see that scoring points and throwing the ball is key, yet the Bills still think that their QB is Joe Ferguson and hand it off to the Juice......  

How long do you want to wait?  I've waited long enough..........

Again I want the Bills to win, but mostly I want to be entertained and every successful team has an Offense that is good.  30-31-32 in Offense will not do it.......

Edited by Billsfan1972

Bills don't have the personal currently to do this. But IMO they have the QB! So one great WR and a few good ones, better OL play, and the Bills could indeed become an offensive powerhouse. At least a long pass happy version. Till then, if you can't enjoy a gutsy defense and some good run plays, maybe skip football?

Can’t see it this week, not against the Texans defense. Gonna be a hard slog, I suspect. Then again, I thought the same going into Minny. Hoping Daboll can scheme up some kind of passing offense to keep us out of bad down/distance situations because I don’t think we can rely on the run game to do that against Watt, Clooney and Co.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

But if we win that will affect THE PROCESS........  How many years are we buying this cr$p.......

Your input in this thread shows me a person who hates the Bills.

I have no doubt that you were once a fan.  You've had enough.  Cool.  I get it.  Understandable.

Now that you dislike them to the point of even hating to see them win ............... go away.

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Can anyone objectively watch a Bills game and enjoy them?  

Actually surprisingly the Ringer only had the Bills ranked in the bottom third in 2017 (scored high in Turnover & Takeaways).

https://www.theringer.com/2018/9/7/17830476/nfl-watchability-sunday-viewing-guide

Please no more saying Wins are all that matters, as that is false.

If the Bills win I’ll always enjoy them.

I do agree their offence is very uninspiring to say the least though. 

39 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Because you believe everything hook, line & sinker?  New regime, blames old regime for the mess, blows up the team that was .500, has one more win and makes the playoffs.  Then follows that up with another dismantling, no vision for the offense outside drafting their QB of the future and spare parts everywhere.

Look around the league and see that scoring points and throwing the ball is key, yet the Bills still think that their QB is Joe Ferguson and hand it off to the Juice......  

Again I want the Bills to win, but mostly I want to be entertained and every successful team has an Offense that is good.  30-31-32 in Offense will not do it.......

You'd rather be entertained and see the Bills lose.  You have no business being on a site where Bills fans hang out then.

Yep old time football get's the juices flowing and only one team in the NFL seems committed to it (Buffalo)......  I'll take 31-28 over 12-9 any day of the week.

Are you all so beaten down by the bills and their inability to generate 300 yards passing (heck 300 yards would be nice to see), that you actually believe it?

So far this season 153, 293, 292, 145 & 223 total yards......  Ughhh

Edited by Billsfan1972

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep old time football get's the juices flowing and only one team in the NFL seems committed to it (Buffalo)......  I'll take 31-28 over 12-9 any day of the week.

Are you all so beaten down by the bills and their inability to generate 300 yards passing (heck 300 yards would be nice to see), that you actually believe it?

So far this season 153, 293, 292, 145 & 223 total yards......  Ughhh

You said above you'd rather see them lose in an "entertaining" game.  If you want the Bills to lose I have no idea why you are on a Bills fans website.

Fans of a team want their team to win.  And last Sunday was as entertaining as you can get.  

17 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What an ignorant reply. It’s the typical, if you’re not crying about this team, you’ve bought into this 100% argument. Total nonsense.  

A lot of people want to see a high scoring offense. Most posters realize that it’s nit happening this year, so they’re giving a young qb time to grow, and we have no choice but to give this staff time to build the team. What you want won’t chance the reality of what is this year. Your reaction to it is child like. That’s what we’re dealing with here...a child’s mind. The op is also the same guy who tried to convince us all that mcvay was coaching his team not to throw to Sammy Watkins, hence his average production. Something isn’t right with the thought process. It’s like it just isn’t developed enough to understand. 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You said above you'd rather see them lose in an "entertaining" game.  If you want the Bills to lose I have no idea why you are on a Bills fans website.

Fans of a team want their team to win.  And last Sunday was as entertaining as you can get.  

He doesn’t understand. I had to realize that my 3 yr old just can’t comprehend certain concepts because her brain isn’t developed enough. Same situation here, but with an adult. It’s that or he’s trolling. Just pick. 

46 minutes ago, teef said:

What an ignorant reply. It’s the typical, if you’re not crying about this team, you’ve bought into this 100% argument. Total nonsense.  

A lot of people want to see a high scoring offense. Most posters realize that it’s nit happening this year, so they’re giving a young qb time to grow, and we have no choice but to give this staff time to build the team. What you want won’t chance the reality of what is this year. Your reaction to it is child like. That’s what we’re dealing with here...a child’s mind. The op is also the same guy who tried to convince us all that mcvay was coaching his team not to throw to Sammy Watkins, hence his average production. Something isn’t right with the thought process. It’s like it just isn’t developed enough to understand. 

He doesn’t understand. I had to realize that my 3 yr old just can’t comprehend certain concepts because her brain isn’t developed enough. Same situation here, but with an adult. It’s that or he’s trolling. Just pick. 

How many posters and people here want the Bills to go 3-13 because of draft position?  See it all the time from Bills fans and the "Trust the Porcess" faction that it is about draft position and building for the future.  Actually as a Bills Fan I want them to go 19-0 every year, but have been beaten up so bad and realize that playoffs are not possible and that the ceiling is 9-7 as long as the FO doesn't concentrate on the Offense and getting weapons.....  They dismantled it last year and have since 2015 been putrid on offense (and only marginally better prior)......  

The last team with a lousy Offense to win a Superbowl was 1999 The Baltimore Ravens.....

I'm sick and tired of watching a team not even try and move the ball through the air, refuse to sign NFL quality receivers, trade away very good ones and then keep feeding BS to fans to wait and see the 2025 Bills and the fruits of their labour......

BTW Watkins seems to have done pretty well for his pocketbook, so I guess another GM is a chump???

Edited by Billsfan1972