What I'd do to see a fun entertaining high scoring Bills game...... Will it happen???

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Everything went right for the Bills and they still didn't amass 300 yards in Offense (yes they shut it down the second half).......  See below.....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame

i think that's mostly because of turnovers.  they didn't have to go very far to score that game.  then add the second half onto it, and boom.

Can anyone objectively watch a Bills game and enjoy them?  

Actually surprisingly the Ringer only had the Bills ranked in the bottom third in 2017 (scored high in Turnover & Takeaways).

https://www.theringer.com/2018/9/7/17830476/nfl-watchability-sunday-viewing-guide

Please no more saying Wins are all that matters, as that is false.

20 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Please no more winning ugly.  Yep 1-2/yr is okay, but every week to watch this offense struggle, no creativity or wanting to move the ball downfield is makes it almost impossible to watch.  85 yards passing, 19 attempts and 1 TD in two weeks is unwatchable.  I feel sorry for the fans who pay money and am thankful I can tape the game, have Picture in Picture on, switch to the NFL network and watch while on a bike getting exercise and reading too.....

Does the Bills front office & coaches pay no attention to the fact that every winning team does it with an offense capable of moving the ball, throwing for 350+ (used to say 300, but 400 now easily done)?

Yep before I get the stoopid responses "Then don't watch", unfortunately the Bills have been my team for 48 years and I will keep watching, however I am now having nightmares of Joe Ferguson and his 15 pass attempts/game.....

This is 2018 not 1973...... 

Kudos, sir!  :thumbsup:   I'm on the same bandwagon as you ... a long time Bills fan who's sick and tired of watching clones of the crappy Bills teams from the 1970s and 1980s playing against modern NFL teams.  Be warned, though, that you're going to be mocked and told you should "get a life" or "sit back and enjoy the game" by the resident Bills cheerleaders because you dare to complain about the Bills feeding their fans bull manure wrapped up in cutesy phrases and promises of "wait until next year".

We had quite a few of them under Tyrod. He put up lots of points against the teams we were "suppose to beat" but didn't do much against good teams in terms of scoring points. We were in the top 10 in scoring offense at least one of the years and i think maybe just outside it the other.

Edited by matter2003

17 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No just wish I could watch a game that has some offence and back & forth.  Quit pointing out the anomaly that was the Vikings game where the Bills didn't even have 300 yards TOTAL offence, and scored 27 of the 63 they've put up this year.

The way it works around here, Billsfan1972, is that criticism = trolling.

there's nothing like grown men complaining that the bills are winning in a way that's exciting enough for them.  people need to find substance in their lives.

there's a rookie qb with limited tools.  it's just going to be the way it is this year.  sack up.

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:

it's totally childish.  complaining because you're too bored watching a win?  come on.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We had quite a few of them under Tyrod. He put up lots of points against the teams we were "suppose to beat" but didn't do much against good teams in terms of scoring points. We were in the top 10 in scoring offense at least one of the years and i think maybe just outside it the other.

Also set a franchise record for consecutive 20+ point home games I believe.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Also set a franchise record for consecutive 20+ point home games I believe.

Yes we did...good call.

21 minutes ago, SoTier said:

No it's just that people have extreme short term memories with no recollection we actually had a high scoeing offense a few years ago.

Edited by matter2003

22 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Kudos, sir!  :thumbsup:   I'm on the same bandwagon as you ... a long time Bills fan who's sick and tired of watching clones of the crappy Bills teams from the 1970s and 1980s playing against modern NFL teams.  Be warned, though, that you're going to be mocked and told you should "get a life" or "sit back and enjoy the game" by the resident Bills cheerleaders because you dare to complain about the Bills feeding their fans bull manure wrapped up in cutesy phrases and promises of "wait until next year".

So right.  We have a site where we can make our opinions known and post threads.  I am not a lemming, nor do I buy into the excuses the FO & Coaching Staff makes.  I watch football to be entertained and the Bills are my team.  

They are painful to watch and are so far behind the NFL trend it is pathetic.  

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yes we did...good call.

No it's just that people have extreme short term memories with no recollection we actually had a high scoeing offense a few years ago.

The Bills couldn't throw the ball then too......  The defense played takeaway and a lot of short fields.....

In terms of passing yards they are in the bottom 3 the past 4 seasons and thankfully 2014 saw Kyle Orton light up the league and the Bills ranked 18!!!!!