Houston Roll Call

Just now, transient said:

I will be there as well. Apparently Christian’s Tailgate, the Houston Bills Backers bar, is hosting a Bills event Saturday at 5. Got dinner plans in Galveston so won’t make that. 

This is correct. The bar will be closing off the street and having a full block party, with neighboring bars also participating. Sunday, there is a fully catered Bills tailgate party in the Yellow Lot. All the lots are gated at NRG, so you MUST have a game ticket to get into the parking lot. If anybody has any questions, I'm in close touch with the coordinator, so send me a PM. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

This is correct. The bar will be closing off the street and having a full block party, with neighboring bars also participating. Sunday, there is a fully catered Bills tailgate party in the Yellow Lot. All the lots are gated at NRG, so you MUST have a game ticket to get into the parking lot. If anybody has any questions, I'm in close touch with the coordinator, so send me a PM. 

That sounds great!  I'll be there, and at the game.  

Which Christians is it?  2000 Bagby?

Edited by Shaw66

11 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That sounds great!  I'll be there, and at the game.  

Which Christians is it?  2000 Bagby?

Yes, 2000 Bagby is where we will be.   The block party starts at 5PM Saturday night but I'm sure many of us will be out earlier.  There are tons of bars in the area that are great for watching college ball too.  Check out Little  Woodrow's on Brazos a few blocks down. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Anyone out there going this weekend besides me? We are coming in Saturday and leaving Sunday after the game. 

I'll be there.  As @The Real Buffalo Joe mentioned, the Houston Bills Backers has a Block Party Saturday night at Christian's Tailgate 2000 Bagby Street on the edge of downtown.  What part of town are you staying in?

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Yes, 2000 Bagby is where we will be.   The block party starts at 5PM Saturday night but I'm sure many of us will be out earlier.  There are tons of bars in the area that are great for watching college ball too.  Check out Little  Woodrow's on Brazos a few blocks down. 

I'll be there.  As @The Real Buffalo Joe mentioned, the Houston Bills Backers has a Block Party Saturday night at Christian's Tailgate 2000 Bagby Street on the edge of downtown.  What part of town are you staying in?

Thanks.  That's helpful.

We're staying at the Marriott Courtyard near the stadium

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I haven’t made my reservations yet so I don’t know. I’ll will be at Christian’s for sure though. Is that the same Christian’s as last time or is it a different location?

Just now, Shaw66 said:

Thanks.  That's helpful.

We're staying at the Marriott Courtyard near the stadium

There isn't much of interest near the stadium but there's plenty worth checking out in and around downtown.  I put together a big list of where to eat in another thread.  Let me see if I can dig it up.

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

There isn't much of interest near the stadium but there's plenty worth checking out in and around downtown.  I put together a big list of where to eat in another thread.  Let me see if I can dig it up.

That's okay.  We get in Sat afternoon, leave after the game Sunday.  It's my wife, my buddy and me, and all me need is a pub menu, TVs and some activity.   Bills fans are a plus.   Sounds like Christians will do the trick.   We aren't late hitters, so we don't need a list!   We just need burgers, beer and bathrooms!

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I haven’t made my reservations yet so I don’t know. I’ll will be at Christian’s for sure though. Is that the same Christian’s as last time or is it a different location?

Most people are staying near the stadium for the game day convenience from what I've seen but theres nothing in that area. 

That said its an easy uber back to NRG after partying downtown or an easy uber to the tailgate on the morning of the game.  Rates at downtown hotels look normal.

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's okay.  We get in Sat afternoon, leave after the game Sunday.  It's my wife, my buddy and me, and all me need is a pub menu, TVs and some activity.   Bills fans are a plus.   Sounds like Christians will do the trick.   We aren't late hitters, so we don't need a list!   We just need burgers, beer and bathrooms!

We can guarantee 2 out of 3!!  See you there.

@The Real Buffalo Joe   said I will be there too along with @aussiew

We are coming down early on Saturday.

There's going to be a Buffalo Bills Brunch that morning/day at Cyclone Anaya's Mexican Kitchen ( all but next door to Christian's there on Bagby )  It starts at 10 AM and will last for quite some time.

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Burgers and beers are a given.  Port-a-potties?

You think he's kidding. The men's room has been out of order for about half the games this year. Also, they ran out of beer before the playoff game started. But their burgers were ranked in the top 10 in the nation by culinary experts Playboy magazine (no joke).