After week 6 AFC East could have a 4-way tie

RPbillsfan

I've been reading post after post about trading McCoy for future draft capital.  But I do think this talk is premature.

The AFC east standings as of this morning show the Patriots and Dolphins at 3-2 and the Bills and Jets at 2-3.  Of 16 divisional games to be played, only two have been scheduled and completed.

Therefore let's look at this weeks match-ups

Bills @ Texans - Watson day-to-day, poor offensive line, shakey secondary, Bills could get a tight gritty win to go 3-3

Colts @ Jets - Jets coming off romp over Broncos, Colts got smoked at NE but have three additional days of rest, tough game to call but let's say Jets win and move to 3-3

Bears @ Dolphins - Fins hot start fading as they got hammered by the Patriots and did a huge collapse in Cincinnati last week.  Bears coming off bye after crushing Bucs.  Love the Bears to go into Miami and squish the fish.  Dolphins drop to 3-3

Chiefs @ Patriots - Boy is this one gonna be fun.  Let's see if Bellicheck can create a defensive masterpiece to shut down or even slow down the impressive and creative Chiefs or possibly outscore then in a wild shootout on Sunday night football.  Let's say Chiefs get the win and drop the patriots to 3-3.

In this scenario, the AFC East is in a 4 way tie, 87.5% of division games left to play out and the worst of the Bills schedule is behind them.

If I'm the Bills I am making moves to add to my roster without giving away future draft choices and let this play out.

Your thoughts are very much appreciated on this topic.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

thanks - wow interesting take as so early didn't realize standings are so close.  

My take is pretty simple. Teams with new QB/OC will get better as season goes on.  Helps Bills and Jets.

Personally don't see Pats or Fins getting better as season goes on.

My take is only 1 team from AFC east makes playoffs this year.

44 minutes ago, krf139 said:

We are on pace to have one of the worst offenses in the history of the NFL. The standings are completely irrelevant to this team 

they can capitalize on opponents throwing it all away, it's not getting style points

37 minutes ago, Jobot said:

You can only go up from rock bottom

still 2000 light years away from waking up on Sunday and knowing Jim and Thurman and Bruce were going to give the opponent the excuse needed to curl up and surrender early

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well they haven't been much of a factor for the last 5 weeks, but most players or teams use their game against the Bill's as turning points.....

Watt's tied for the league lead in sacks, Clowney looks to be hitting his form with 2.5 in last 2 games. Toughest match up for our OL to date.

1 hour ago, QCity said:

Watt's tied for the league lead in sacks, Clowney looks to be hitting his form with 2.5 in last 2 games. Toughest match up for our OL to date.

...I'm certain Castillo will have them well prepared for the task ahead..................

• Haha (+1) 1

While I was shocked they snuck in last year, even with considerable improvement from the offense this is not a playoff team right now. There’s no real weapon you’re gonna add at this point and I personally think the tandem of ivory and Murphy can have almost the same effect as shady and ivory. Get what ya can for the guy, fleece the eagles and move on. This is all about the youth movement and development keeping McCoy around just to cut him when the team is built is pointless. Let’s see what Murphy has before next season and let McCoy have a shot at a playoff run and primetime games. 

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s very possible.  I bet the Jets lose though.  The colts played tough with the Pats.  Even though they lost, they fought hard.

Sounds good too, but I think the Pats win on Sunday night.