A few thoughts about the Titans game, in no particular order

Virgil

Just now, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

Again, how is this all Daboll''s fault?  How does this make him the worst OC in the league?  You, like so many others here, are so unbelievably quick to throw people under the bus, but you have no basis for your overreactions.  You just want to sound like you know everything. 

Not at all.  Simply stated and At THIS point in time his ‘numbers’ rank him last. He needs to crank it up a notch (my point) because we wont win alot of games scoring 12pts. I want Daboll to succeed.

1 hour ago, RFL said:

And then we have those irrelevant things called stats.......Bills under Daboll play calling game averages.  Total Pts=12.6 (32nd), Total Yds=221.2 (31st), Passing Yds=121 (32nd), Rush Yds=99 (20th).....oh forgot.....opponents Pass Yds are double ours.

To date AND to prove my statement that he is the worst OC in the league (at this time) Daboll needs to get with the program and get the kid airing it out. He doesn’t attack but plays ‘not to lose’.....sheesh our opponents don’t even need a safety.

You don't think any of that is related to talent, do ya?

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

You don't think any of that is related to talent, do ya?

Sure I do. Could you imagine what our run game could be with Shady and Ivory IF the D wasn’t waiting for them? Go get a WR.....use picks whatever.  Give Josh a target, its not rocket science. In the meantime Daboll needs to be more imaginative.  I gotsto go....everybody have a great day!

2 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I saw Reservoir Dogs. I thought it sucked.

Pulp Fiction was much better. 

I try to pick quotes or lyrics that, to me, remind of the atmosphere of the game.  

We are at an interesting stage of the rebuild and people are starting to pass judgement on who should stay or go.  

So, I picked a scene that I know pisses people off, but recognizeable enough for most.  It’s a scene of a strongly opinionated person going against the grain.  Made sense to me

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

that was just to illustrate the point, I know he's under contract with a CFL team.

I would rather field a team of Naamans or Stevies than have a guy like Benjamin jogging to the spot of the next play.

For all the KB hate (to some extent deserved), he did take it up a notch in the Tenn game.  He actually threw down some good blocks, one of which sprung Shady for 16 yds on 2nd and 12.

2 hours ago, RFL said:

Daboll needs to be more imaginative.

I am so sick of hearing/reading things like this.  It is year #1 of the offensive staff and our mostly inexperienced players working together.  Right now, we are still installing the basic offense at the pace the players can handle, which is kind of slow.  If they are struggling to carry out the basic plays, what makes anyone think they'll do better with more creativity?  IMO that will only lead to more confusion.  Gotta learn to walk before we run.  As they gain experience together and assuming the players progress, Daboll should be able to open things up and try new things.  Don't be surprised if that doesn't happen this season.

Also, stats may not lie but they sure can be manipulated to achieve a desired outcome. 

Nice write up OP, thanks for posting. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For all the KB hate (to some extent deserved), he did take it up a notch in the Tenn game.  He actually threw down some good blocks, one of which sprung Shady for 16 yds on 2nd and 12.

I can appreciate the good blocking, but when taking it up a notch doesn't involve catching the football 5 games into the season. Rookie or not Josh Allen needs a better go to guy IMO.

Some have suggested McCloud might be like a Ray Ray of sunshine...

...let it shine... let it shine...

...let it shine...

Edited by Figster

47 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

I am so sick of hearing/reading things like this.  It is year #1 of the offensive staff and our mostly inexperienced players working together.  Right now, we are still installing the basic offense at the pace the players can handle, which is kind of slow.  If they are struggling to carry out the basic plays, what makes anyone think they'll do better with more creativity?  IMO that will only lead to more confusion.  Gotta learn to walk before we run.  As they gain experience together and assuming the players progress, Daboll should be able to open things up and try new things.  Don't be surprised if that doesn't happen this season.

Also, stats may not lie but they sure can be manipulated to achieve a desired outcome. 

Nice write up OP, thanks for posting. 

If thats true, then how come the Browns and the Jets don't use basic offense for their rookie QB's. 

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

If thats true, then how come the Browns and the Jets don't use basic offense for their rookie QB's. 

Mainly because both of their QBs are ahead of Allen mentally and mechanically.  They both have a higher level of collegiate experience and can handle more at this point in their careers.  Allen was the biggest project of the big 4 from that standpoint and right now it shows.  Daboll can only install as much as the players can handle so right now it's kind of hard for me to blame him for our offense not running full go when he is still trying to teach Allen how to walk. 

19 hours ago, Buftex said:

#4 makes you kind of a dick.

As for the rest, agree about the lack of use of Clay and McCoy...but I am not writing off Daboll just yet.  I like some of what I see from his game plan...I will give them a season to see how things pan out. I do like some of the screens that they have been running...use guys on the roster, you may find out that they aren't as talentless as is percieved.  

He stole that from Reservoir Dogs. Maybe he wants to be No Tippin Pippen.

Daboll in 2009, Cleveland his first year as OC, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson at QB, 30 in attempts, 32nd in passing yards. Browns went 5-11.

Daboll in 2010, Cleveland in his second year as OC, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace at QB. 28th in attempts, 29th in passing yards. Browns went 5-11.

Daboll in 2011, Miami in his third year as OC, Matt Moore, Chad Henne, JP Losman at QB, 28th in attempts, 23rd in passing yards. Miami went 6-10.

Daboll in 2012, KC in his fourth year as OC, Matt Cassell, Brady Quinn at QB, 29th in attempts, 32nd in passing yards. KC went 2-14. 

Since 2012 Daboll went back to NE to be assistant coach, TEs coach till 2016. Went Alabama to be their OC in 2017. 

Now that you see all that is it unusual that the Bills are currently 30th in passing attempts, 32nd in passing yards with a rookie QB? 

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't hate KB per say, I hate that he doesn't seem desperate to show the league he's the go to guy, that he's a legitimate #1 WR.

If he doesn't step up, he won't be on the team next year. 

1 hour ago, Fixxxer said:

I don't hate KB per say, I hate that he doesn't seem desperate to show the league he's the go to guy, that he's a legitimate #1 WR.

If he doesn't step up, he won't be on the team next year. 

Your bar is too high.  I don't need "desperate to show the league".  I'd settle for "quietly determined" or even "don't want to be here, but too proud to slack"

• Like (+1) 1