Bills Have Worked out FA WR Bennie Fowler

53 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Yes he has been improving. get him more touches please

But but but Zay sucks!!!   :D;) 

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes he has been ok. He and Allen slowly building some chemistry. His routes have been pretty good. 

Hey man get with the program ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Fine, sign and release some WRs. Release every one we have and keep bringing in new ones until we find good ones

And  how long does it take for a QB and WR to be on the same page.

Route Running is not just here is the route - Go.  It is site adjustments, blitz recognition, variable routes depending on coverage.  We saw it with TT - it takes several weeks for these guys to even get comfortable and for the QB to see his speed and how to lead them.  

WR is one of the more complex positions because you need to be in sync with the QB and it does not surprise me they have not just switched out the entire WR Corp.

My guess is they are hoping for them to come together and you see them working out WRs weekly - they will begin to make small changes as the year goes along when they feel the bad play outplays the potential chemistry.

I know we all want quick fixes, but many of these guys get picked up and dropped week after week and guys like Coleman got picked up, cut, NE practice Squad, and cut and is free, but people wanted the Bills to keep him.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Route Running is not just here is the route - Go.  It is site adjustments, blitz recognition, variable routes depending on coverage.  We saw it with TT - it takes several weeks for these guys to even get comfortable and for the QB to see his speed and how to lead them.  

WR is one of the more complex positions because you need to be in sync with the QB and it does not surprise me they have not just switched out the entire WR Corp.

My guess is they are hoping for them to come together and you see them working out WRs weekly - they will begin to make small changes as the year goes along when they feel the bad play outplays the potential chemistry.

I know we all want quick fixes, but many of these guys get picked up and dropped week after week and guys like Coleman got picked up, cut, NE practice Squad, and cut and is free, but people wanted the Bills to keep him.  

Sometimes I just want to frame your post and hang it on TSW

12 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

The funny part is if we cut Benjamin, Robert Foster and Andre Holmes right now and replaced them with 3 free agents Dez Bryant, Rishard Matthews and Jeremy Maclin and made them our 3 starters right off the bat, our receiver core would be so much more improved. All 3 of these guys are much better than what's on our roster

I'd be for this in a NY minute. Why Matthews and Maclin haven't been brought in to be looked at is hard to comprehend. KB is a loss of down player at this point. ZJ has a lot to learn. Holmes has no business being on any roster and Foster can't catch a cold in the Buffalo winter. We have to at least try something. What we are doing is not working.

12 hours ago, Augie said:

I think most of the future HOF guys have deals already. You never stop trying to get better. 

Better is what Buffalo03 and most of us agree on. Fowler is a notch below all three of these guys, but better than Holmes.  

5 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I'd be for this in a NY minute. Why Matthews and Maclin haven't been brought in to be looked at is hard to comprehend. KB is a loss of down player at this point. ZJ has a lot to learn. Holmes has no business being on any roster and Foster can't catch a cold in the Buffalo winter. We have to at least try something. What we are doing is not working.

Better is what Buffalo03 and most of us agree on. Fowler is a notch below all three of these guys, but better than Holmes.  

How KB could be quite this bad is a mystery, but it’s hard to argue there’s not somebody on the planet who could offer more. I never expected too much from Holmes, so that’s less perplexing. I don’t pretend to know the correct answer, but this is ugly. 

If I see Allen making all kinds of 2 step  quick passes to WR's on target at their break and they drop those passes I will start blaming WR's

As it stands now are WR's are not great but I am not placing the full blame on them until Allen exhausts himself hitting them in stride in close coverage with quick strikes.

13 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree need QB and WR on same page and that takes some reps.  Brandon Reilly and Allen should have some chemistry from camp.  He seems to get open, and he cannot possibly be any worse than the play we have seen so far.  Would love to see him have a shot.  

41 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

If I see Allen making all kinds of 2 step  quick passes to WR's on target at their break and they drop those passes I will start blaming WR's

As it stands now are WR's are not great but I am not placing the full blame on them until Allen exhausts himself hitting them in stride in close coverage with quick strikes.

Arent we leading the league in dropped passes? Why does it matter if its 2 steps or 3 steps?

Just now, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Arent we leading the league in dropped passes? Why does it matter if its 2 steps or 3 steps?

why because if you can't make the quick throws you can't force the D to be honest and therefore you will face 8 in the box and a pass rush in your face consistently. Allen needs ot make the read at the LOS adjust and throw quick strikes to the hot read

yes we lead the league in dropped passes, but Allen hasn't been throwing many on target either and I say he has thrown more off target then WR's have dropped. SO when I start seeing Allen up his game and still see WR's dropping passes then I will move the blame over to the WR's more so.

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

why because if you can't make the quick throws you can't force the D to be honest and therefore you will face 8 in the box and a pass rush in your face consistently. Allen needs ot make the read at the LOS adjust and throw quick strikes to the hot read

yes we lead the league in dropped passes, but Allen hasn't been throwing many on target either and I say he has thrown more off target then WR's have dropped. SO when I start seeing Allen up his game and still see WR's dropping passes then I will move the blame over to the WR's more so.

Allen can be struggling and the receivers also bad, its not either/or. To me, if we're dropping the most passes in the league then we're not very good at WR, regardless of what we think of Allen.

3 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Allen can be struggling and the receivers also bad, its not either/or. To me, if we're dropping the most passes in the league then we're not very good at WR, regardless of what we think of Allen.

and I blame Allen's inexperience more so than the WR's 

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

This past game josh had more inaccurate passes

but

i. Previous games wide receivers had chances to make plays on balls and simply did not make them

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Tehis past game josh had more inaccurate passes

but

i. Previous games wide receivers had chances to make plays on balls and simply did not make them

This past game had Josh not making many accurate passes. A few dumps offs but a lot of bad throws downfield. Their really has been only 1 game where his WRs have failed him.. That was week 2 after that they have not been great but Allen hasn't made enough quality passes to put blame on WR's IMO.

I need to see Josh hit WR's in stride more often and while coverage is tight and then see WR dropping those passes before I can place the blame on the WR's. Not saying we couldn't use an upgrade but I am saying Josh needs to improve more than our WR's do to make the biggest immediate difference

3 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I agree need QB and WR on same page and that takes some reps.  Brandon Reilly and Allen should have some chemistry from camp.  He seems to get open, and he cannot possibly be any worse than the play we have seen so far.  Would love to see him have a shot.  

I agree - I would not mind seeing him make his way back to this squad.

I would love to see a KB trade and a re-signing of Reilly or Streeter - potentially a small drop off with some Reps already in hand.

19 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Sometimes a new team is just what a player needs.  Jordan Phillips was feeling the new atmosphere here.  Sometimes just that difference in atmosphere is all it takes for a player to turn it up.  Who knows? 

Jordan Phillips was also a 2nd rd pick out of Oklahoma

Fowler is an undrafted free agent

59 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

This past game had Josh not making many accurate passes. A few dumps offs but a lot of bad throws downfield. Their really has been only 1 game where his WRs have failed him.. That was week 2 after that they have not been great but Allen hasn't made enough quality passes to put blame on WR's IMO.

I need to see Josh hit WR's in stride more often and while coverage is tight and then see WR dropping those passes before I can place the blame on the WR's. Not saying we couldn't use an upgrade but I am saying Josh needs to improve more than our WR's do to make the biggest immediate difference

These wide receivers are dropping TOUCHDOWNS THAT HIT THEM RIGHT IN THE HANDS

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes he has been ok. He and Allen slowly building some chemistry. His routes have been pretty good. 

Finding ways to get him open more often underneath will be important to Allen's progress this year.

3 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Jordan Phillips was also a 2nd rd pick out of Oklahoma

Fowler is an undrafted free agent

As if zero undrafted free agents have ever made a difference on a team...