Bills Have Worked out FA WR Bennie Fowler

36 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Even if he's decent, he'll turn into poop once our horrible WR coach gets to him. -Poor guy. I bet he sees this as an opportunity.

True.

mcD made some poor coaching choices, 

i bet if we fire Culley today, Allen will be in the pro bowl by the end of the year.

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

These wide receivers are dropping TOUCHDOWNS THAT HIT THEM RIGHT IN THE HANDS

yes they have but overall more of the blame is on Allen. He has to deliver more catchable balls. Until then I am leaning more on Allen to be better for a bigger improvement short term 

15 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Finding ways to get him open more often underneath will be important to Allen's progress this year.

As if zero undrafted free agents have ever made a difference on a team...

I never said they didn't. You are comparing a 2nd round pick, to an undrafted WR who has barely done anything in this league, and saying he might need a change of scenery when his best year, was just last year. He doesn't need a change of scenery, he needs a change of talent.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You’re leaning on raw rookie QB got it 

well of course. He is a professional that has to do things right before the rest really comes into the equation. Allen has accuracy, pre snap read, and field scanning skills that must be improved, and those improvements will correlate into better success for the rest of our WR / TE / RB catching passes. From there we will improve the skill level of the supporting cast in the near future... but this year Allen is key to getting better quickly.

Yes we could use improvement at WR.. but the biggest quickest easiest to come by improvements for the offense will come from Allen getting better quickly.

Edited by ddaryl

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

ESB for the packers looked pretty good last game.  But we needed multiple undersized slot wrs.  

Yep, Bills really screwed up here.

Passed on a fringe WR with a poor attitude who refuses to play special teams and has three catches on the year playing with Aaron Rodgers.  How did we miss on that!  It will probably go down in the annals along with passing on Gronk and Orakpo!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

I never said they didn't. You are comparing a 2nd round pick, to an undrafted WR who has barely done anything in this league, and saying he might need a change of scenery when his best year, was just last year. He doesn't need a change of scenery, he needs a change of talent.  

But you aren't giving the guy a chance at all.  I mean Ryan Lewis went undrafted and was cut by the Pats.  I was talking about players that were recently cut earlier.  Sometimes the fit is the problem and yes that can be the case as well with undrafted players.  

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Haha, a lot of people in this thread are about to go from, "Who in the heck is Bennie Fowler?" to "Why are we letting the Giants scoop Fowler out from underneath us?"

Who is Bernie Fowler? Why he has been singing backup for the Rolling Stones since the 80's.

Who knew?