The Drop by Nick Williams against the Bills Costs Him His Job - Signing with the Rams with Kupp Injured

5 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Gee that's funny, our team seems to reward guys that drop the ball a lot and keep the guys with better upside and hands on the bench.

Replace KB with Croom NOW.

He was a 3 year WR in college before converting to TE, same size as KB, better blocker, way better hands, hungry, dedicated, team player, tough, earned his spot based on merit etc.

I was going to post and ask why he was converted to TE when the Bills are weak at WR; maybe because of speed?  He seems like he would be a definite upgrade over KB at the same position, based on effort alone. 

37 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Stating the obvious here but it's pretty likely they win the game if he catches it. But for everyone posting how great our Defense has been, the grain of salt is if you take away the turnover differential (which is mostly just the ball bouncing our way), we were one play away from losing that game due to a drop in coverage. Top 10 defenses have that happen, but not with 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter in a game where we know our offense likely won't put up more than 3 points a drive.

As it is for every team on  most fumbles and some interceptions. You don’t think the ball bounced the Titan’s way on the interception? And all defenses, even top 10 defenses, benefit from dropped passes, overthrown receivers, penalties, or some other mistake negating a big play/touchdown almost every game - even at the end of a game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Stating the obvious here but it's pretty likely they win the game if he catches it. But for everyone posting how great our Defense has been, the grain of salt is if you take away the turnover differential (which is mostly just the ball bouncing our way), we were one play away from losing that game due to a drop in coverage. Top 10 defenses have that happen, but not with 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter in a game where we know our offense likely won't put up more than 3 points a drive.

I don't think it's obvious at all. Plenty of time to drive the field and score. Assuming the d keeps it all underneath, the movement up the field is very doable and it comes down to whether or not the Bills can push it in. 

I'm also not sure why you would take away the turnover differential as turnovers are part of the game, and the turnovers are often a result of disciplined defense and aggressive tackling. To me, that's like saying if you take away the winning field goal we lose. Or, if you take away the pass rush perhaps Mariotta has a better day. 

The defense played well. Who knows, maybe they got in William's head in the first 55 minutes of the game and he was concerned about securing the ball if he was hit from a crazy angle. 

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don't think it's obvious at all. Plenty of time to drive the field and score. Assuming the d keeps it all underneath, the movement up the field is very doable and it comes down to whether or not the Bills can push it in. 

I'm also not sure why you would take away the turnover differential as turnovers are part of the game, and the turnovers are often a result of disciplined defense and aggressive tackling. To me, that's like saying if you take away the winning field goal we lose. Or, if you take away the pass rush perhaps Mariotta has a better day. 

The defense played well. Who knows, maybe they got in William's head in the first 55 minutes of the game and he was concerned about securing the ball if he was hit from a crazy angle. 

It’s annoying when people attribute turnovers to luck. Yes there is luck in all sports but good defenses find a way to get turnovers. Most of them are not lucky either. Johnson int was a great play and had nothing to do with luck, that was all skill.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billspro said:

It’s annoying when people attribute turnovers to luck. Yes there is luck in all sports but good defenses find a way to get turnovers. Most of them are not lucky either. Johnson int was a great play and had nothing to do with luck, that was all skill.

Some people have never played the game and some fail to comprehend technique, skill, etc....

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I would hove loved to see Hughes destroy Mariota, but he feared the NFL would have punished him in multipul ways. If this was last year that could have been a turnover.... Instead he got an incomplete.

ctk232 - can't really play what if..... It's silly. The Bills won one, be happy!

Edited by snamsnoops
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Funny but might be worth a look see at a guy who gets cut over a single drop.

I’m pretty sure he’s seen film of KB and thinks this would be the perfect landing spot!