Ali Marpet 5 Year Extension

DCOrange

Not sure if it's really been discussed as a possibility here, but I've been trying to tell Bills fans that Marpet would not hit free agency this offseason.

Terms of the deal have not been made public yet but I'm guessing roughly 5 years, $65 million.

Edit: 5 years, $55 million is the official number.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Not sure if it's really been discussed as a possibility here, but I've been trying to tell Bills fans that Marpet would not hit free agency this offseason.

Terms of the deal have not been made public yet but I'm guessing roughly 5 years, $65 million.

Edit: 5 years, $55 million is the official number.

Just like Paradis from Denver and Morse from KC will likely be re-signed.

MIN will re-sign Easton if his neck is ok.

I don't expect any good centers to be got thru FA for the Bills.

They most likely will have to look toward the draft for one.

12 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This upcoming free agent class isn’t very exciting. Cap space is cool but if he have to overpay mediocre players then creating this massive dead cap hit was all for nothing.

OL is bad in FA.   Some interesting WR's, RB, and perhaps others.   We are going to have to draft well on the OL.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This upcoming free agent class isn’t very exciting. Cap space is cool but if he have to overpay mediocre players then creating this massive dead cap hit was all for nothing.

Yup, $90 million is useless if there isn't anybody worth signing.

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Dude graduated from Hobart (in Geneva NY) 

Yessir, that's where I live. It was weird you didn't really hear about how good he was until a couple of months before the draft. Definitely great to see a small town college grad make it.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Just like Paradis from Denver and Morse from KC will likely be re-signed.

MIN will re-sign Easton if his neck is ok.

I don't expect any good centers to be got thru FA for the Bills.

They most likely will have to look toward the draft for one.

I think Bodine could be a serviceable to good center for us. You put talent around him on the line and I think he would shine as a cheap center. 

10 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

I think Bodine could be a serviceable to good center for us. You put talent around him on the line and I think he would shine as a cheap center. 

I am from the school of thought that a team gets a top level LT and C and you put a "cheap" LG between them.

Bodine will be on the team to start next year but I hope they do what they can to upgrade that spot.

Someone on this who goes by the name "dollars 2 donuts" mentioned that we should forget about getting any quality free agent linemen because teams are rarely stupid enough not to sign them before they hit the market.

You want WRs (maybe not this year), RBs, LBs that are any good, then maybe you can get to FA.  However, forget about it when it comes to linemen.

OL may need to be addressed via the Draft.  Grab a RT in the 1st and G/C in the 2nd.

The one Offensive FA group that looks to be deep is #2/#3 WR.  No #1's, but I wouldn't mind going into '19 with Zay Jones, Quincy Enunwa and Tyrell Williams.

Maybe make a run at Anthony Barr for a splash signing.