Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

You have to think long term. Is Shady part of our the full rebuild?  I doubt it.  If you can get multiple mid level picks, you have to take it 

I like your take usually.  So let me ask you. How’s kyle or Lorax part of the long term build?  Part of the long term is giving Allen some tools to learn with. Otherwise he is learning to loose IMO.  

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

We.

Are.

Rebuilding.

Yes. This is the rebuild. You don’t have to make it even more complicated.  It’s enogh we have a rookie QB who seems lost and doesn’t have anyone to play with. 

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know Beane and McDermott love to trade core players on the team like their candy but honestly taking away Josh’s only safety blanket seems ridiculous but more then likely shady is getting traded leaving a rookie qb with a below average receiving corps..an average oline..and marginal running backs..as long as we get draft picks and the right guys hey what could go wrong ?

Of all the moves they made with shedding young guys, trading an expensive high mileage back on the wrong side of 30 is pretty reasonable 

49 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’m sorry. People talk about market value...  well I’ll tell you

there is no market value for a pro bowl / all pro future HoF RB.. even if he’s 30

To the right team he’s invaluable 

i get he isn’t as valuable as when he was 26 but he has a lot of value to the right team

there isn’t an arbitrary age or # that says it’s over... Shady can make a playoff team a SB contender, he still is our best weapon when used properly 

He is easily worth a 2 and 3 and I realistically wouldn’t even want to do that. Yea you can strike gold round 3, you can also get Preston brown... I’ll tell you 1 thing, you aren’t getting shady

i get people want picks but Allen needs players he can trust and Shady is one of the few and a captain . He catches 50 balls a year and is invaluable to a young QB

Peopel think we have 10 draft picks so we will find 10 starters. It’s surreal. 

38 minutes ago, mannc said:

I agree.  If I were the Eagles, I would not be too worried about losing Jay Ajayi.  I’d just sign some guy off someone’s practice squad instead of giving away draft picks for a 30-year old RB.

Yep. A gem like Jonathan Williams could be easily grabbed from the Colts PS. :D

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know Beane and McDermott love to trade core players on the team like their candy but honestly taking away Josh’s only safety blanket seems ridiculous but more then likely shady is getting traded leaving a rookie qb with a below average receiving corps..an average oline..and marginal running backs..as long as we get draft picks and the right guys hey what could go wrong ?

If Philly really wants McCoy, and I'm Beane, I am finalizing that deal before the phone is hung up.

I'll take a 3rd round pick or better.

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yep. A gem like Jonathan Williams could be easily grabbed from the Colts PS. :D

There's also a stud out there who averages 7 YPC.  Can't believe he hasn't been claimed.   

43 minutes ago, mannc said:

I agree.  If I were the Eagles, I would not be too worried about losing Jay Ajayi.  I’d just sign some guy off someone’s practice squad instead of giving away draft picks for a 30-year old RB.

You're a breath of fresh air on here.  It's nice to know the board has fans that get it and see things outside the confines of western NY.  Agree with you 100%

1 hour ago, Just in Atlanta said:

I get the logic. But the fact that so many fans are seemingly WANTING to get rid of our No. 1 offensive talent for future picks IS kinda crazy. 

I'd be on board for an exchange of a legit WR and an above average offensive lineman. McCoy is still one of the greats in this game.

This team will be unwatchable without him or some other talent. Trading him away for only unsure draft picks is a huge gamble. Keeping him is not. 

I have nothing against Shady. However, I am a huge proponent of hoarding draft picks. The more you have, the better your odds of getting good/great players.

Our offense is atrocious. By the time Allen’s development is at a level in which the Bills are legitimate contenders, Shady will no longer be here.

If someone can offer a third or better for him, it’s an absolute no-brainer to bid him farewell.

It’s not even debateable.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

You have to think long term. Is Shady part of our the full rebuild?  I doubt it.  If you can get multiple mid level picks, you have to take it 

He can be if used properly. Will he a 3 down back again? Probably not, but he can still be a difference maker. Have Murphy and Ivory get the crap kicked out of them on 1st and 2nd down, but when it's 3rd down and we really need to get that 1st down, McCoy goes into the backfield. McCoy also goes in within the 20 yard line and clutch situations. Do that and he'll probably average over 4.5ypc and be a 1st down machine, redzone threat, clutch player and veteran leader. He has value.

I say With McCoy they get 6 wins

Without McCoy 5 wins

They are currently 1-0 without him. (Vikings)

Is he really worth more than a win?

Trade him. It would free up millions and get a mid round pick. There is no rational reason to keep him.

Edited by Kevin1778
Clarify

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

In 1989 the Cowboys traded All-Star RB Herschel Walker in October after drafting Troy Aikman with the no. 1 pick.  They finished 1-15 that year but recovered nicely in the next few years and Aikman developed into a serviceable QB.  While the Bills won't get what the Cowboys got in terms of draft picks I am fine trading a 30 year old back for some picks.

1 minute ago, Kevin1778 said:

With McCoy 6 wins

Without McCoy 5 wins

Trade him. It would free up millions and get a mid round pick. There is no rational reason to keep him.

11 games?

What exactly are you referencing?

1 minute ago, Kevin1778 said:

With McCoy 6 wins

Without McCoy 5 wins

No rational reason to keep a HoF player instead of trading him for a mid round pick that most likely won’t be in the league for 5 years?

ill keep Shady

• Like (+1) 1