Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

In all honesty I think Moulds was the most talented of all, but that's a whole different topic and I don't want to derail this thread. FYI, I was being sarcastic about Josh Reed. He made some nice 3rd down catches in his day, but he's no where near the greatest nor the worst.

As far as McCoy goes...If I was the Bills I would only do a player for player exchange unless they can somehow net a 2nd round pick (which they won't get for a 30 yr old RB unless they're truly that desperate) As many others have stated McCoy and Allen have a good relationship and you're taking away one of his few offensive threats and safety valves.

The Eagles are not trading anybody that is on par with McCoy.  If the rumor is true I still wish Beane had waited to open with a bid to see if a sub-package could have been done with perhaps one of our defensive depth guys for WR Matthews.

Eagles are desperate.  I want a 2nd.  I think a 3rd might be fair, but I am not sure a 3rd is worth it to get rid of our best offensive player.  If we had more talent, I would do it for a 3rd, but since we don't, I am not sure I would.

So, since they are desperate for a good RB, I ask for a 2 and I send them Shady and a 5th or 6th rounder to get that 2nd.

21 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyLGargano/status/1049710685347823616

Anthony Gargano @AnthonyLGargano
FollowFollow @AnthonyLGargano
More

Bills asking for a 2nd and 3rd round pick in exchange for LeSean McCoy

Eagles know this game well. 2 1sts for Foles worked ???

Edited by gobills1212
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

I see you have me confused with your kids .....MCD caused the limited talent by shipping the playmakers out and their inability to judge talent ( Tolbert, KB, Ducasse, ZAY, and his love for washed up Carolina players. Just because you like to keep your head in the sand that's up to you 

Dude, McDermott got the Bills into the playoffs. What more do you want from him? And he did it with Tyrod Taylor as a QB. He could very well do it this year again if teams keep beating each other up. The defense is looking ferocious and that's the unit he decided to focus on first, he's a defensive minded coach. Give him a draft or 2, okay? Sheesh. Everyone keeps hating on a guy that broke an 18 year curse. I can't stand people like you. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

In all honesty I think Moulds was the most talented of all, but that's a whole different topic and I don't want to derail this thread. FYI, I was being sarcastic about Josh Reed. He made some nice 3rd down catches in his day, but he's no where near the greatest nor the worst.

As far as McCoy goes...If I was the Bills I would only do a player for player exchange unless they can somehow net a 2nd round pick (which they won't get for a 30 yr old RB unless they're truly that desperate) As many others have stated McCoy and Allen have a good relationship and you're taking away one of his few offensive threats and safety valves.

Moulds might be in the HOF if he'd have had stability at the QB position.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

I love CC, he has been banged up the past few weeks though. They would be smart to sign Darkwa, he can take the pounding that the other guys can’t. 

Is sproles healthy?  I mean... what are we talking like maybe 15 touches amongst 3 guys?  

I wouldn't trade a 2nd or 3rd unless i was SURE this was the piece to get me to the super bowl.  

A lot of talk about culture in the locker room and trading shady would teach the team that winning doesn't matter.  I see the point. . .sort of - but:

The 2019 bills offense will be almost all new players.  I think everyone in that locker room knows that.  Very few offensive side players are safe from replacment when the masses of draft picks and FA and trades get signed.  So what is the difference?  They know they are playing an uphill battle for their jobs this year and not for AFC rings.  That's got to be the culture there now.

Defense should see that they are not playing for rings this season as well and appreciate that mgmt is doing all they can for the near future.  How could the defense be happy with the offense right now?  

I like shady and my son loves him and has his jersey.  But I'm still bought into McD and the "process".  Do it.

Edited by sleeby

Just now, dneveu said:

Is sproles healthy?  I mean... what are we talking like maybe 15 touches amongst 3 guys?  

I wouldn't trade a 2nd or 3rd unless i was SURE this was the piece to get me to the super bowl.  

Sproles has also been banged up for the majority of the season. 

Would prefer to keep McCoy because we are competitive but a 2nd and 3rd isn't bad. As I said before, let the next two games play out. We could be 4-3 with two winnable matchups. We already have a ton of cap space and 10 picks next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Moulds might be in the HOF if he'd have had stability at the QB position.

Terrell Owens build, hands of glue, could run the full route tree.

We gave him Flutie, Holcomb, Jp Losman & company. What a waste.

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1