Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Everyone on here saying Peters please just stop.  We are not trading for a 36 year old tackle who would probably rather retire than come back to Buffalo.

People forget that once Peters departed from here that he has not had a very high opinion of the team or city.

43 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm pretty torn about this.

On the one hand, the Bills have already pretty much stripped the offense to the nubs. Getting one more good draft pick in exchange for a player who likely won't be around when the Bills are ready for prime time potentially makes sense.

On the other hand, McCoy is a locker room leader, a team captain, and has a great relationship with Allen. Taking away the ONE good offensive player the Bills have -- and thus making life even HARDER on their rookie QB -- might be a foolhardy move.

The question, of course, is what would the compensation be? Anything less than a 2nd rounder (which I doubt the Eagles would be willing to part with) probably isn't worth it. Why? Because, again, you don't want to make Allen's difficult development even MORE difficult by stripping him of another good offensive player and a mentor/leader in the locker room.

That all makes sense but if they could get a 3rd for McCoy that pick could be used to upgrade the OL next season which would also help Allen.

Im not sure what the answer is but I do know that anything less than a 3rd isn’t worth it.

33 minutes ago, PIZ said:

How about a 3rd and backup center Isaac Seumalo?

Been talk in Philly that Seumalo (who plays G too) might replace Wisniewski.

Depending on their future plans Seumalo or Wisniewski could be dealt.

Eagles have 2 - 2nd round picks.

A 2nd + Seumalo/Wisniewski   for  McCoy + a lower return pick (one of the extra 4s or 5s) could do it.

Not that I'm a fan of getting rid of Shady at all.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The eagles would be much better off signing gillislee or Jamaal Charles and trading for Deone Buchanan or Hassan reddick. Their problems are on D. 

You nailed it earlier in thread, the Eagles would have to overpay for McCoy because that’s all the Bills have and there is no need to get rid of him.

It would be really short sighted for them to give up a 2nd, unless of course they win another SB by doing so. 

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

TY! I was hoping the link would post the tweet and it did not...

Ask for a 2nd and a 3rd, jump for joy if you get a 2nd and a 5th.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think moving Shady to Eagles makes since if we can get the right compensation, but only the right compensation.  Makes no sense to dump him when he has become close to Josh and is his only real dependable weapon.

Trades I would do (not that it means the Eagles would, but if available I would)

Shady for Alshon straight up.

Shady for a 2nd

Shady for a 3rd and Goedert

Shady for Agholar and a 4th

I think the best case scenario is:  Shady for a 3rd.  I would be surprised if we got more than that, but Beane shocked me too when he got a 3rd for Tyrod.  I would expect the Eagles will push to keep it at a 4th rounder at most given his age, off field question marks, and salary.  But we are in position of power here, we dont need to trade Shady as we have plenty of cap space already next year.

If its a 4th rounder or less, then I wouldn't do it.  Its more important to help Josh than to get an extra fourth IMO and we already have a TON of cap space next year, so dumping McCoy for salary really would be pointless.  Honestly, it would be hard to do it for a 3rd even just given the importance of having some help for Josh out there and Shady is his biggest fan on this team.  

Dude, Goedert was the 49th overall pick in the last draft.

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyLGargano/status/1049710685347823616

Anthony Gargano @AnthonyLGargano
FollowFollow @AnthonyLGargano
More

Bills asking for a 2nd and 3rd round pick in exchange for LeSean McCoy

If Bills can get that then a no brainer IMO.  

Bills have NO reason to dump Shady, we have an insane amount of cap space next year, we dont need to salary dump.  Only way it makes sense is to load up on picks or get a pick and a player that can catch or block back IMO.  Otherwise keep him, him and Allen have bonded and Allen has no one else on this team to help him.  

Maybe:  McCoy and KB for Alshon and a 3rd?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not really because his value is higher to the Bills and they have leverage since they want to keep and already have 10 draft picks 

At this point in the season and given McCoy's overall contribution that 9 million is of minimal concern to the Bills.

I like that the Bills are asking for too much. They don't NEED to trade McCoy. It's Philly that wants him. If they want him bad enough, they'll overpay. If not, then no trade, and the Bills keep their best offensive player (who hasn't yet lost a step, by the way). Win-Win for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1