Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

Watching that pc, i came away thinking hes getting traded. I think theyd rather wait a few weeks to see where we are at the deadline, but if the offer is strong enough for them they may not be able to wait long.

When you break it down, it makes too much sense to do it but id feel a lot better about it if allen wasnt playing.

29 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

If the Eagles lose Thursday they will become a team looking to 2019 and a trade is unlikely. 

I doubt it.

Their division is garbage and a team coming off a SB victory is very unlikely to throw in the towel early.

I think people are really underestimating that team. Wentz is not even close to 100%. Doug Pederson will get that thing going IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

If the Eagles lose Thursday they will become a team looking to 2019 and a trade is unlikely. 

Not sure about that. They might make a move even quicker if they lose tomorrow

Nfc east isnt that good right now. 9-7 could win that division

• Like (+1) 1

I get the logic. But the fact that so many fans are seemingly WANTING to get rid of our No. 1 offensive talent for future picks IS kinda crazy. 

I'd be on board for an exchange of a legit WR and an above average offensive lineman. McCoy is still one of the greats in this game.

This team will be unwatchable without him or some other talent. Trading him away for only unsure draft picks is a huge gamble. Keeping him is not. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ivory is in no way a replacement for McCoy.  Ivory is your grinder, the guy who can plunge into a mess and come out with 2-4 yards from nothing, just legs and grit.

Shady is the guy who can slither his way through the hole and be gone.

As a 1-2 punch they're terrific.

I will be very upset if the Bills trade Shady for anything, though I do understand if someone stacks up the coins high enough, almost anything has its price.

But if they let him go at any kind of fire sale discount I will be cussing.  A hot dog and a used pretzel?  Get Out of Town!

I don't think that could even be argued. McCoy is a special RB but if you look at the carries, the Bills just aren't using him. 

I honestly think they prefer Ivorys style over McCoys. I don't agree with it but watching the games and the lack of carries for McCoy you have to wonder. 

12 minutes ago, Yav said:

I don't think that could even be argued. McCoy is a special RB but if you look at the carries, the Bills just aren't using him. 

I honestly think they prefer Ivorys style over McCoys. I don't agree with it but watching the games and the lack of carries for McCoy you have to wonder. 

Not using him?

Did you see last weeks game?

McCoy ran it 24 times..

Ivory 14 times 

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 minute ago, SJDK said:

If we could get a starting lineman and/or Wr with a 2nd or 3rd round pick I’d be ok with it

Stop.  The only reason for the Eagles to trade for McCoy is to make another Super Bowl Run this year.  They certainly aren’t going to give up a starting WR or lineman for him.  I very much doubt they would give up a 2d or 3d round pick for McCoy, either, but if they are desperate, who knows.

23 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

We already have the worst offense in recent NFL history with Shady.

What are we worried about?

Shady is a player selected team captain.  If I was Beane and McD, I'd be worried about what type of message that sends to the team who voted him captain.  If McCoy was not a captain and if we can get a 2nd and 3rd round pick, I'd do it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m sorry. People talk about market value...  well I’ll tell you

there is no market value for a pro bowl / all pro future HoF RB.. even if he’s 30

To the right team he’s invaluable 

i get he isn’t as valuable as when he was 26 but he has a lot of value to the right team

there isn’t an arbitrary age or # that says it’s over... Shady can make a playoff team a SB contender, he still is our best weapon when used properly 

He is easily worth a 2 and 3 and I realistically wouldn’t even want to do that. Yea you can strike gold round 3, you can also get Preston brown... I’ll tell you 1 thing, you aren’t getting shady

i get people want picks but Allen needs players he can trust and Shady is one of the few and a captain . He catches 50 balls a year and is invaluable to a young QB

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

Stop.  The only reason for the Eagles to trade for McCoy is to make another Super Bowl Run this year.  They certainly aren’t going to give up a starting WR or lineman for him.  I very much doubt they would give up a 2d or 3d round pick for McCoy, either, but if they are desperate, who knows.

How desperate could the possibly be for a RB? They are replacing Jay Ajayi not Barry Sanders. Their needs are far greater than RB if they want to make a legit SB run again. And as you said, they certainly aren’t going to move any decent offensive weapons or linemen in that case. 

43 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

How can you say Sammy was a good unload giving the state of or WRs? 

They are a disaster. Having Sammy would help everyone on offense significantly. 

Yes and Tyrod had chemistry with Sammy but he was injured a lot but could've saved both there jobs maybe but trust the process!