Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

1). Crazy?  Or so sane it’s blowing our minds!?

2)  Is he Josh’s safety blanket?  I’d like him to be, but not sure he quite is yet (game planning).

Regardless, I’m in the “don’t trade Shady” camp.  Can’t we have ONE nice thing on this team? ?

This will probably get blended with the other McCoy thread, but I agree.  

Shady has too many moves still, he's still a danger to teams.  To give him a way for picks that arent even guaranteed talent is stupid to me.

Keep what we got, let Shady occupy defenses and open up our passing game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

We can get 4 yards/carry out of Murphy.

McCoy is not part of the long term future, i.e., when they are good.

Agree, but can Murphy make the BIG play when needed as Shady has done?

That asked, I'm torn about trading Shady - mostly about the message it may send to the locker room about what's "good enough" this year.  

Yeah I wouldn't say they've traded any core players at all.

The Darby trade was a bit of a head scratcher because he still had some years on the rookie deal, but Dareus and Sammy were smart unloads.

Shady IS a core player, however this team is being built to make a run in one or two years, not this year.   He's a 30 yr old back, that has to be considered here.

Obviously all this depends on what Philly is willing to give up.  How can anyone say they like it or don't when they don't know what we're getting?

The Eagles screwed up badly by not trading Foles man.   They set the price too high and now they're going to get nothing for the guy.  Zero.  They let some serious draft capital slide through their hands.   Based on that foolishness alone, I see them as lowballing us for a Shady trade and nothing happening.  

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

How can you say Sammy was a good unload giving the state of or WRs? 

They are a disaster. Having Sammy would help everyone on offense significantly. 

The chances of Sammy being on this team moving forward were slim to none. They got something for a player that was going to be gone. I get you don’t want to hear that, and think the bills should have just thrown money at him considering his lack of production. It wasn’t a bad move to trade Sammy. It was a bad move not to properly replace him. Toe different things. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know Beane and McDermott love to trade core players on the team like their candy but honestly taking away Josh’s only safety blanket seems ridiculous but more then likely shady is getting traded leaving a rookie qb with a below average receiving corps..an average oline..and marginal running backs..as long as we get draft picks and the right guys hey what could go wrong ?

Not trading him would be crazy. He is a short term asset who will be long gone by the time the rebuild is complete. Cash in, save loads of cap space and get a solid draft pick. Murphy is an adequate running back for a team in rebuild

Say we do trade Shady, which I have already said I would not. But IF we do, what does this say to the rest of the team? I don't see how it could be good for morale in any sort of way, nor do I think it helps Josh Allen's development. .