Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It honestly amazes me that there are actually Bills fans who seem mad that the Bills don’t want to trade Shady for a 4th or 5th round pick. 

It honestly amazes me that there are actually Bills fans who want to trade Shady at all, period. The return (unless it were a first rounder) does not equal his value to this team for both this year and next. The disruption in team chemistry, Josh's development, and talent alone far outweighs a future 3rd round draft pick...by a mile.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Really so 24 runs for 85 yards 3.5 AVG 0 TDs is normal Shady McCoy?

that screams NORMAL AVG RB stats. 

So Kamara (3rd round Pick) would not mean ALOT to the Bills. 

For a defensive battle that is great if you watched him you would know the stats dont do justice why he is called Shady. Quotes stats and makes yourself look bad. That is called being ignorant or just didnt watch the game last week. He went over 100 but hey just post one stat, dont talk about how he played bmc obviously you didnt watch. You make yourself look bad.

Edited by Boca BIlls

5 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

For a defensive battle that is great if you watched him you would know the stats dont do justice why he is called Shady. Quotes stats and makes yourself look bad. That is called being ignorant or just didnt watch the game last week. He went over 100 but hey just post one stat, dont talk about how he played bmc obviously you didnt watch. You make yourself look bad.

Three games he Did NADA

One Game he didnt Play

Once Game he had an AVG day. 

Yep so worth his money and obviously value is a 1st. Lol 

Hey guys McCoy is the only player doing anything let's get rid of him. 

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Three games he Did NADA

One Game he didnt Play

Once Game he had an AVG day. 

Yep so worth his money and obviously value is a 1st. Lol 

Sorry but you have been proven wrong by your own process. No no no we use one game to decide and last week showed he should stay b.c he did things no one else in the league does when he had the ball. Your own fault for using one game as an end all be all. 

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Hey guys McCoy is the only player doing anything let's get rid of him. 

Sorry but you have been proven wrong by your own process. No no no we use one game to decide and last week showed he should stay b.c he did things no one else in the league does when he had the ball. Your own fault for using one game as an end all be all. 

Yeah no I really didnt. But hey keep him thats fine. Now enjoy this weeks inept offense that he is so valuable for in this weeks version of a McD coached blowout. 

3 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

So we've done our best to take a ridiculously high dead cap number in an effort to help us in the future, at the cost of having a less talented team now. But we won't trade a 30 year old RB ? 

Much as I love Shady, now that Ivory/Murphy have shown to be capable RB's I see no reason to not trade him.

Hopefully this is just the Bills trying to increase his trade value. 

If you think that Murphy and Ivory have the same skillset as Shady you need to watch more all 22

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you think that Murphy and Ivory have the same skillset as Shady you need to watch more all 22

To clarify: I think Mccoy is an elite RB, and Ivory/Murphy are serviceable. 

Where the Bills are right now, and given that Mccoy is 30 years old (with a hefty contact), I think we're better off in the long term if we trade him now for a 3rd rd pick or better.