Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, TPS said:

"Unlikely" not won't.  They would, but their price is steep because his value is not just based on his "production." He is the heart and soul of the offense, just as Kyle is on D (and the team as a whole).

Shady adds a lot more to the O than what his current stats are. He is the only player that requires game planning against. Trading him means you've given up on the season, and no one is ready to admit that. Maybe after the Colts game...

Really???  What happened in Minny when they had their BEST offensive performance and he was on the sideline?

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Learn how to value players.

I do. He is worth a 4th. 

If you get a 3rd count your blessings. 

Anything more is Robbery taking advantage of a desperate team 

and for Transparency I do like Shady. 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Really???  What happened in Minny when they had their BEST offensive performance and he was on the sideline?

Defense? I love when people look at one game and think it is a season. So freaking funny and it's why they are always wrong.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

If we get offered anything better than a 3rd round pick we should take the deal and run like the wind. 

Shady hasnt been good. He’s making too much. I’d rather have Ivory and Murphy at RB than Shady. They run with more purpose. Always running forward. Shady is always bouncing around looking for the Homerun and it costs him those 2-4 yards that Ivory gets by simply running north and south. 

I've been spending way too much time watching the run blocking.  The reason Shady did better vs Titans is that they fixed it.  Went away from the fancy-pants stuff that wasn't working into a more straightforward "see your man/beat your man" thing with a lot of 12 and 22 personnel - but used in clever ways that either made the D second-guess or provided Mccoy with a lead blocker.

Ivory and Murphy are the better backs running in a crowd with minimal OL help but given any kind of holes, even without a lead blocker, they don't make the runs Shady made.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Oh yeah, and there was already a Shady thread. Why isn’t this in there? 

[mod note: good idea.  Is now]

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Defense? I love when people look at one game and think it is a season. So freaking funny and it's why they are always wrong.

Ahhh so they played a very good to top end defense without a 30 year old RB and had their best offensive performance?  And that isnt something to use. Ok. 

Want to know why he is worth a 4th or 3rd. 

He is Old. His performance is falling off the cliff and his off field stuff 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Thank you.  I love McCoy.  Build the OLine and get some help at WR...he will be the old McCoy as far as production.

I agree.  a top 30 NFL player and this RB is still elite if given any semblance of a hole to run through. And he is doing it without much of an offensive threat besides himself. 

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh so they played a very good to top end defense without a 30 year old RB and had their best offensive performance?  And that isnt something to use. Ok. 

Want to know why he is worth a 4th or 3rd. 

He is Old. His performance is falling off the cliff and his off field stuff 

Wasn't falling off last week if you want to use one week to justify everything. So wrong again I guess since only what happened recently matters in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If the Bills lose two ( or more) of the next three, McCoy will be traded. No way it happens before they retire Thurman’s jersey vs New England. It will be a deadline day deal.

I think it depends on whether the Bills still want to try to develop Allen past that point (i believe they do) and if they feel Shady gives them a better chance to do that (he does). 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I've been spending way too much time watching the run blocking.  The reason Shady did better vs Titans is that they fixed it.  Went away from the fancy-pants stuff that wasn't working into a more straightforward "see your man/beat your man" thing with a lot of 12 and 22 personnel - but used in clever ways that either made the D second-guess or provided Mccoy with a lead blocker.

Ivory and Murphy are the better backs running in a crowd with minimal OL help but given any kind of holes, even without a lead blocker, they don't make the runs Shady made.

[mod note: good idea.  Is now]

Or the catches and run after catch he makes. 

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Asking too much for Shady, effectively refusing to move him to a team that wants him, is stupid and the wrong move.

Another mistake for McBeane.

You have no idea what the hell is going on. 

• Like (+1) 2

So we've done our best to take a ridiculously high dead cap number in an effort to help us in the future, at the cost of having a less talented team now. But we won't trade a 30 year old RB ? 

Much as I love Shady, now that Ivory/Murphy have shown to be capable RB's I see no reason to not trade him.

Hopefully this is just the Bills trying to increase his trade value. 

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it depends on whether the Bills still want to try to develop Allen past that point (i believe they do) and if they feel Shady gives them a better chance to do that (he does). 

I don’t believe the Bills interest in developing their first round pick at QB is intertwined with a 30 year old McCoy being on the team or not. Having McCoy around may add something marginally to his progress, but I’d guess it is negligible. If the right offer is made (and the Bills record gets worse)I think McCoy goes . Allen’s development will remain a priority regardless. 

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Wasn't falling off last week if you want to use one week to justify everything. So wrong again I guess since only what happened recently matters in the NFL.

Really so 24 runs for 85 yards 3.5 AVG 0 TDs is normal Shady McCoy?

that screams NORMAL AVG RB stats. 

48 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

He is worth more to the Bills than just a 3rd or 4th round pick.  His salary is reasonable and Allen has zero weapons as is.  I'd throw McCoy the ball 8-10 times every game

So Kamara (3rd round Pick) would not mean ALOT to the Bills. 

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It honestly amazes me that there are actually Bills fans who seem mad that the Bills don’t want to trade Shady for a 4th or 5th round pick. 

I said a 3rd or better.

If Allen makes it and this team is good with him as the QB, Shady won't be a part of the picture here.  In fact, he is likely to be gone next year.

Moving him now, in an already lost season, in exchange for some compensation makes a lot more sense than losing him for nothing at season's end.

No?

Are you still amazed?