Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Right, but ive just never seen anything like it. Even after the last 8 months a small group of people here STILL want this guy. Its taking on cult status the same way the Pats sign all our caucasian WR and how we LOVE  to bring back former players who are bums. I just dont get it

A fair amount of posters exposure to the NFL is watching whoever the Bills are playing while hammered and catching the occasional prime time game.  You can see it in the Mahomes threads, people have hard line stances on him without ever watching him play.  It wouldn't surprise me if several of the strongly pro Foles people have seen him play 3 games total in his career.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t feel the long term benifit of getting a mid round pick will out weigh anything. You aren’t going to get a pick high enough to help so just keep him and use him for the next 3 years.

Yeah, it sends a strong message to veterans on this team that we don't care about winning if we trade Shady now. We've had a rough season, but we're still 2-3, so it isn't completely out of the question to make another playoff run. Also, we can easily trade Shady in the offseason for a mid-round pick or two if we want. It doesn't have to be now.

23 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Murphy played in the first 3 games.  He was questionable with a rib vs GB and is questionable with a rib this week, so while not listed on the injury report vs Texas I think it's likely he was not quite 100%, maybe suffered a setback in practice or something.  Or maybe, healthy enough to run but not healthy enough to block the way the backs were asked to vs Tenn.

He caught his one target vs Minn.   I don't know what to make of any receiving stats for the Ravens or LAC games - I'd have to see how many targets were actually catchable.

You'd be a great drinking buddy for Beane.  The goal of the NFL is to win football games, not to lose while stocking the most mediocre draft picks.

I'm not sure Beane knows this.

I'm not sure Beane knows how to evaluate offensive talent so he better have as many kicks at the can as possible.

17 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I am going to be livid if we trade Shady, but if this is where it’s going...I want a WR back. Get a pick and get Agholor. Get a WR that can be on this team for the next 5 years or don’t bother.

Iggles look like a different passing team with Jeffrey back giving them the 1-2 punch of Agholor and Jeffrey.  If they trade for Shady it's because they think he's the missing piece that nets them a winning season.  You don't get that by playing a zero sum game, trading away something else.

4 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

If Shady will be traded, I think the deal is already done and expect an announcement on Monday.  There wasn't time this week for Shady to be ready to play for the Eagles on Thursday night, so it made sense for the Bills to benefit from one more week where he can help us win an important game before he goes.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think this is Shady's last game as a Bill.

Of there is an agreement, he doesn’t play 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Iggles look like a different passing team with Jeffrey back giving them the 1-2 punch of Agholor and Jeffrey.  If they trade for Shady it's because they think he's the missing piece that nets them a winning season.  You don't get that by playing a zero sum game, trading away something else.

Ertz too.

I don't want Shady to leave but I think he is exactly what the Eagles need to push for another SB.

His running/receiving out of the back field would force opposing Ds to defend the entire field.

28 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Ertz too.

I don't want Shady to leave but I think he is exactly what the Eagles need to push for another SB.

His running/receiving out of the back field would force opposing Ds to defend the entire field.

I'm sure he would help the Eagles team contend and that acquiring him would be in the Eagles' interests.

I'm just not sure what trade they'd be willing to offer would be in the Bills interests for this season.  Certainly not a 4th or 5th round pick.

53 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Ertz too.

Everyone is forgetting what Clement did in the Superbowl.  100+ receiving yards, as a rookie.  He deserves a shot at 15+ carries.  I think he fits the offense of Philadelphia better at this stage, he hits a hole and goes.  The OL isn't good enough right now for a dancer.  I wouldn't be surprised if no move at RB is made for Philadelphia.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sure he would help the Eagles team contend and that acquiring him would be in the Eagles' interests.

I'm just not sure what trade they'd be willing to offer would be in the Bills interests for this season.  Certainly not a 4th or 5th round pick.

Pretty sure the Bills are asking for more than they will give up.

I would consider a 2nd if I was PHI.  Shady could also play well next year, he may even be willing to redo a contract to reduce a little cap for

some guaranteed 2019 money.  Despite what some say, Shady got some tread left.

Heck they got Sproles on the team this year and he is 35.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Pretty sure the Bills are asking for more than they will give up.

I would consider a 2nd if I was PHI.  Shady could also play well next year, he may even be willing to redo a contract to reduce a little cap for

some guaranteed 2019 money.  Despite what some say, Shady got some tread left.

Heck they got Sproles on the team this year and he is 35.

One point is folks talk about Shady costing $9M, but it needs to be considered that's his cap hit.

His salary is $6M this year and next.  The Iggles have $10.4M in cap space right now.

Just to be clear, I do not want Shady to be traded, but for a 2nd and 3rd or the like I suppose Beane would have to consider it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

Everyone is forgetting what Clement did in the Superbowl.  100+ receiving yards, as a rookie.  He deserves a shot at 15+ carries.  I think he fits the offense of Philadelphia better at this stage, he hits a hole and goes.  The OL isn't good enough right now for a dancer.  I wouldn't be surprised if no move at RB is made for Philadelphia.

He could be the future as you say.  A Shady/Clement one two punch would be something.

Shady who loves the Eagles would bring a lot of passion to the O.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One point is folks talk about Shady costing $9M, but it needs to be considered that's his cap hit.

His salary is $6M this year and next.  The Iggles have $10.4M in cap space right now.

Just to be clear, I do not want Shady to be traded, but for a 2nd and 3rd or the like I suppose Beane would have to consider it.

Same with me.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're not thinking this through....

Sure I am. Unless Allen suddenly becomes a league average passer, this team isn't winning many games. Not every offense is as weak as the Titans. 13-12 isn't going to happen every week. The Packers game is more like what will happen most weeks. 

With or without McCoy, that doesn't change. The rest of the offense is abhorrent. This isn't a winning team, it is a rebuilding team. Rebuilding teams take assets for players before they have no value.