Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

If Shady will be traded, I think the deal is already done and expect an announcement on Monday.  There wasn't time this week for Shady to be ready to play for the Eagles on Thursday night, so it made sense for the Bills to benefit from one more week where he can help us win an important game before he goes.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think this is Shady's last game as a Bill.

3 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

If Shady will be traded, I think the deal is already done and expect an announcement on Monday.  There wasn't time this week for Shady to be ready to play for the Eagles on Thursday night, so it made sense for the Bills to benefit from one more week where he can help us win an important game before he goes.

If that's the case, will he even play this Sunday?

Clement told Eagles GM he didn't need to add RB 

Clement told reporters after Thursday's 34-13 blowout divisional win over the New York Giantsthat he told Roseman before the tilt that Philly didn't need to add a back.

"This game was definitely a test for us, to see do we need to get somebody," Clement said, via Les Bowen of the Philly Daily News. "I talked to Howie before the game -- you have to have confidence in our room ... We don't need to look on the outside, we know what we have on our team ... I definitely told him that. He said, 'Make me believe that we don't need a back.' "

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I doubt they would risk injury for him to play in one more game. If anything the Bills aren’t ready to pull the trigger on the deal pending the result of Sunday’s game. As has been previously stated, tough to trade him if he has a good game and the Bills are sitting at 3-3. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Bills2ref said:

Shocking, a career backup to this point in his career doesn’t want to lose his chance at the starting gig. 

I made mention of the Iggles just winning was enough to hold off the rumors for at least a week  

Eagles look unstoppable again

Saquon Barkley exploded for a breakout performance Thursday night, but Carson Wentz and the Eagles flew high in a 34-13 win on the road. Read all the key takeaways from Philadelphia's win.

LOL   It's a week to week league 

7 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

There is absolutely no way that Shady would play in Sunday's game if a deal was done already. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Clement told Eagles GM he didn't need to add RB 

Clement told reporters after Thursday's 34-13 blowout divisional win over the New York Giantsthat he told Roseman before the tilt that Philly didn't need to add a back.

"This game was definitely a test for us, to see do we need to get somebody," Clement said, via Les Bowen of the Philly Daily News. "I talked to Howie before the game -- you have to have confidence in our room ... We don't need to look on the outside, we know what we have on our team ... I definitely told him that. He said, 'Make me believe that we don't need a back.' "

Thanks - good, informative link.

I thought the Eagles' backs last night looked quite solid.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Trade Shay for Foles strait up and release Anderson and Peterman. Let Allen learn under Foles for 2 years,  Foles can come in and help us maybe make a playoff push.

Not going to happen.  Foles is the Eagles' insurance policy.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not going to happen.  Foles is the Eagles insurance policy.

Not to mention he looked like last year was complete lightning in a bottle that had run out earlier this year.

Foles with our offensive structure would be a tire fire.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Put the crack pipe down and stop thinking short term.

Long term benefit is trading shady and getting something for him. We aren’t going anywhere this season. We have a historic awful offense.

Imagine this offense on the road in the playoffs against KC. Seriously?

TRADE MCCOY

I don’t feel the long term benifit of getting a mid round pick will out weigh anything. You aren’t going to get a pick high enough to help so just keep him and use him for the next 3 years.

This defense is going to be very good very soon. With Foles you know if you put talent around him that he can make use of it. Those passes he was making in the playoffs and super bowl were pinpoint accurate. I would trade them Shady and a 3rd rd pick for Foles and let Allen develop for 2 years. It's obvious they want Shady back very badly, getting  Foles would be the only way I would make the trade.

16 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This defense is going to be very good very soon. With Foles you know if you put talent around him that he can make use of it. Those passes he was making in the playoffs and super bowl were pinpoint accurate. I would trade them Shady and a 3rd rd pick for Foles and let Allen develop for 2 years. It's obvious they want Shady back very badly, getting  Foles would be the only way I would make the trade.

If he did it in the playoffs, what happened this year? And every year prior to his miraculous playoff run? It seems far more likely that Foles miraculous end of season and playoff run was just that, a miracle. He looked bad to average in the preseason and regular season. Which is pretty much how he has looked his entire career.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Foles runs hot and cold. He certainly shouldn't be looked upon as a long term option to  fill the QB position on a long term basis.

Right, but ive just never seen anything like it. Even after the last 8 months a small group of people here STILL want this guy. Its taking on cult status the same way the Pats sign all our caucasian WR and how we LOVE  to bring back former players who are bums. I just dont get it