Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

How will a 3rd get the deal done for Bell? Steelers are pretty much assured of a third round comp pick if they let him walk this offseason, no?

It's what people who make a living gathering NFL info are reporting.  My take is this: 

1. He's owed a lot of money.

2. How many teams have the money to fit him in this year?

3. He could be a rental 

4. He has had a lot of touches in his short career (his primary concern too) 

5. Locker room dynamic 

6. When is he going to be ready to play?

As talented as he is, not very many teams can make it work.  If a 3rd can get it done and you've worked out contract details behind scenes, you pull the trigger.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I am going to be livid if we trade Shady, but if this is where it’s going...I want a WR back. Get a pick and get Agholor. Get a WR that can be on this team for the next 5 years or don’t bother.

The Eagles are trying to repeat and will not give up any 1st line players in return.  

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I am going to be livid if we trade Shady, but if this is where it’s going...I want a WR back. Get a pick and get Agholor. Get a WR that can be on this team for the next 5 years or don’t bother.

10 picks in 2019.  11 or 12 if they deal Shady. They can get their own WRs.  I don't want to see Shady dealt, but if they do, a player might not be a needed return.  They take up cap space.

8 minutes ago, purple haze said:

10 picks in 2019.  11 or 12 if they deal Shady. They can get their own WRs.  I don't want to see Shady dealt, but if they do, a player might not be a needed return.  They take up cap space.

I’m not interested in throwing away this entire season for a mid round pick. Wether  people want to believe it or not, we still have a year here. We have plenty of picks already and more often then not, they end up being wasted anyway.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not interested in throwing away this entire season for a mid round pick. Wether  people want to believe it or not, we still have a year here. We have plenty of picks already and more often then not, they end up being wasted anyway.

I have been critical of the regime for sure, Beane in particular, but we’re still in it. Sending Shady away would be a real gut punch. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I prefer they keep him too.  But we've seen how Beane operates.  I've already started to try to wrap my mind around it.  If they deal him it shouldn't be for any mid-round pick.  And if most picks are wasted you want more of them not less.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why in the world would you be livid about the Bills getting compensation for Shady?

He won't be back here next year anyway.  Why not get what he can for him now, in what is a totally lost year?

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don't agree with your season outlook, but I respect it.

What i agree with more is keeping McCoy unless they are going to pay up. They don't owe the eagles any favors. I don't particularly want Algholor, but if he comes with a pick, ok. I like the 2nd and 3rd floor. Algholor and a 3rd is ok. Which sounds ridiculous to ask, but why not? Again, they own nothing to Philadelphia in negotiations.

We are kidding ourselves if we think that we are real contenders this year. This defense might be a playoff D but this offense isn’t. To me McCoy is at the ‘high point’ of value. The one team who may need his services has a prior relationship. If the Bills can maximize the return then I am all for it. McCoy isn’t the problem on the team. I resigned myself to the fact that 2018 was going to be about watching Allen, and our young D. I don’t expect much more than 7 wins. If you aren’t a Super Bowl team this year, you better be building one. McCoy’s age worries me. I think he can be productive this year and possibly next. I think injuries will become more frequent for McCoy. If Philly would give a player of need and a third, take it. I understand the message it sends. I also don’t think anyone in the locker room will care as much if Ivory can keep running like he is. 

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Put the crack pipe down and stop thinking short term.

Long term benefit is trading shady and getting something for him. We aren’t going anywhere this season. We have a historic awful offense.

Imagine this offense on the road in the playoffs against KC. Seriously?

TRADE MCCOY