Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

I think the Eagles are using the Bills as leverage to get Bell.  LaCanfora said about an hour ago on the radio, here, that a 3rd would likely get the Bell deal done.  He's hearing the locker room Pitt isn't sure if Bell would be welcome back with open arms.  That should wake a bunch of Bills fans up that think LM has 2nd-3rd value.  Each week that passes the value/realistic ask drops.  Howie isn't looking for a rental, he's looking for a 2-3 year option.  

5 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

I think the Eagles are using the Bills as leverage to get Bell.  LaCanfora said about an hour ago on the radio, here, that a 3rd would likely get the Bell deal done.  He's hearing the locker room Pitt isn't sure if Bell would be welcome back with open arms.  That should wake a bunch of Bills fans up that think LM has 2nd-3rd value.  Each week that passes the value/realistic ask drops.  Howie isn't looking for a rental, he's looking for a 2-3 year option.  

You keep saying this but it’s not accurate. The report is that the Bills are asking for that. There are Bills fans who don’t want to trade him for less than that, as well. That does not mean that they think that is his value. They continue to point out that it is above his market value but that his value to this team - again, as reported yesterday by a radio host in Philly - is likely higher than his value to other teams, including the eagles. It doesn’t mean they will get that, or even that they will trade him. Please stop with the condescending posts about Bills fans overvaluing him.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I'd disagree, with reading the posts that go back 3+ weeks.  Lots of McCoy fluffing here.  I want him gone for a bag of balls if need be.  He's not going to be here next year, let's move on.  It's not ideal for Allen, but if he's the real deal he'll have to adapt.  I'd like to see a move for possibly Duke Johnson.  My personal bias is shining through, I know.    

Edited by YodaMan79

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They aren’t going to replace his production but will be a fraction of the cost and you’d get a pick. That’s the reasoning. The Bills aren’t doing this because there are guys as good as Shady on the street. They are doing it for the asset(s) and cap space.

I get what you’re saying 

just not sure sure the FO is ready to take away the strength of the O until Josh proves himself capable. 

But I'm just an armchair gm. 

Does trading mccoy hurt Allen's development? His best game was the one McCoy missed. 

As strange as it may sound trading shady takes Allen's and daboll crutch away, maybe it would force other players to step up/game plan better

I'm just trying to convince myself the bills offense won't get worse without shady, its tough

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You keep saying this but it’s not accurate. The report is that the Bills are asking for that. There are Bills fans who don’t want to trade him for less than that, as well. That does not mean that they think that is his value. They continue to point out that it is above his market value but that his value to this team - again, as reported yesterday by a radio host in Philly - is likely higher than his value to other teams, including the eagles. It doesn’t mean they will get that, or even that they will trade him. Please stop with the condescending posts about Bills fans overvaluing him.

Thank you.

Getting pretty tired of people confusing "worth" with "market value" in this context. His worth is entirely subjective, and to the Bills, that worth is high considering their current offensive circumstances and the greater needs being OL/WR. His market value, is also subjective to a point, but more objective in the sense that should he be traded, he is currently being valued by other teams collectively at a different ask than what the Bills have started with, which is all a part of negotiation.

Regardless of the fact that Shady will likely not be a part of this team when they are ready to compete, I would LOVE to see us get what we're asking for, but realistically we end up with a 3rd and more cap space next season. It's just unfortunate that we may lose our only real offensive weapon this year: Shady/Ivory one-two scheme. 

Edited by ctk232

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I get what you’re saying 

just not sure sure the FO is ready to take away the strength of the O until Josh proves himself capable. 

But I'm just an armchair gm. 

Oh, I agree. I wouldn’t do it (especially for some of the little trades being thrown around). I’d only do it on an overpay and still wouldn’t love it. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

I see some people wringing their hands over cap space but the Bills will have plenty of cap space next year w/o moving McCoy.  As some have stated the market for positions that are of prime need for the Bills will be shallow in offerings so the money will stretch and most likely have some carryover to 2020.

I say trade him and get an asset.

Pretty good RBs are a dime a dozen. Yes, you want one, but you can find one in the 3rd or 4th round and pay him peanuts for 4 years then repeat the process.

No need to have a big $$ RB. Just look at NE, who just finds an annoying little quick guy who can catch screen passes. As soon as that guy wants money they just send him packing and come up with the next one.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The first few weeks our run blocking was caca.  Say instead "they needed a more physical runner who could make yards out of nothing on his own" and you've got it.

This past week, they simplified the blocking and it worked better for Shady.  Not hugely better, but better to the tune of 3-5 ypc vs -3 to -1 ypc

Ah-ha.

Hey, I don’t want to see McCoy go, I’m just saying I have a bad feeling this is how the Bills feel. 

And i I think you’re correction to my comment is correct. “A physical runner who can carry the Bills OL and the other teams DL and LBs and gain yards”. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I am for keeping Shady too.

The unnecessary extension they gave him was part of a series of sloppy new owner honeymoon mistakes(like not putting standard conduct clauses in Dareus' contract)............but how do you root for them to trade him now?    

They have no other playmakers on offense and they have tons of self-inflicted cap room in 2019 and there will be nobody to wisely spend it all on.

I don't care that he's diminished(be it ability or durability) the young QB needs all the talent he can get around him. 

That's worth A LOT,  IMO.

If I knew we could squeeze 3 more quality years out of McCoy I would say keep him. I just don't see it as realistic and he does get dinged up from time to time. If they are willing to give a 2nd + 4th than it's a go.

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If I knew we could squeeze 3 more quality years out of McCoy I would say keep him. I just don't see it as realistic and he does get dinged up from time to time. If they are willing to give a 2nd + 4th than it's a go.

...you need to diversify him in a more Thurmal type mode with Murphy as his change of pace, Kenneth Davis type relief with Ivory doing the ground and pound/heavy lifting IMO...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Does trading mccoy hurt Allen's development? His best game was the one McCoy missed. 

As strange as it may sound trading shady takes Allen's and daboll crutch away, maybe it would force other players to step up/game plan better

I'm just trying to convince myself the bills offense won't get worse without shady, its tough

That's a good point about how Allen's best game was without Shady. 

2 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

How will a 3rd get the deal done for Bell? Steelers are pretty much assured of a third round comp pick if they let him walk this offseason, no?