Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Nooo!  Please not another 8-8 year.  Just not this one time.   Look good, grow, identify areas unable to grow into the role and then replace.  2019 - do our best with our good D and very young O and onward from there always forward and never straight.  ?

You don't build a culture by picking top 5 every year, I'm hoping we can sneak into the playoffs while developing our younger players. The nuclei is there, best way to develop Allen and Edmunds is by winning.

52 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

I only see 4 wins left on schedule.

Colts

Jets at Home

Lions 

Dolphins at Home

Who else are they beating? I think they probably lose to Lions without McCoy. Toss up either way.

It just depends on the defense. If they keep the pace they have we could steal a couple more. 

39 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Judging by the Ajayi trade last year I think McCoy could garner a 3rd from Philly. I am on the fence about taking the deal if that is the return. I would probably leave it up to McCoy. He might want to go home to chase that ring. 

Why. They are running an nfl team not a search firm.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To me, if we get a second and third, we should jump at it. Even if we send a 6th or 7th round pick with shady. 

With the lawsuit and possible other drama and accusations off the field there is no telling if or when that becomes substantial enough to warrant a suspension let alone hurting his image and play while dealing with it.

And if he never regains his form from last year he'll never command this price tag again (He doesn't now unless a team is desperate).

1 hour ago, HT02 said:

I like the idea of trading McCoy for Foles and a second round pick.   Start Foles let Allen play behind him

Well, forget it. Foles nearly retired last year and only changed his mind to work with the Coach. He wouldn’t accept the trade.

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I like your take usually.  So let me ask you. How’s kyle or Lorax part of the long term build?  Part of the long term is giving Allen some tools to learn with. Otherwise he is learning to loose IMO.  

They don’t. They are on small, low paying deals.  

They are fill in and transition.  Kyle is for culture and Lorax isn’t getting paid much.  

In two years when the rebuild is done, neither will be here

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

I get the logic. But the fact that so many fans are seemingly WANTING to get rid of our No. 1 offensive talent for future picks IS kinda crazy. 

I'd be on board for an exchange of a legit WR and an above average offensive lineman. McCoy is still one of the greats in this game.

This team will be unwatchable without him or some other talent. Trading him away for only unsure draft picks is a huge gamble. Keeping him is not. 

I'd trade him heads up for Nick "Buffalo Shuffe" Foles.

I cannot believe people are actually still writing "well if they offer a 2nd and a 3rd".......I have never witnessed such delusion in my lifetime.......ONE 3rd at most would be a miracle

53 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Shady could actually be utilized properly, Allen could get into a groove. Alot can happen. We are 2-3, not 0-5. We are very much in it.

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I doubt it.

Their division is garbage and a team coming off a SB victory is very unlikely to throw in the towel early.

I think people are really underestimating that team. Wentz is not even close to 100%. Doug Pederson will get that thing going IMO.

2-4 after week six is not early. 

1 minute ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I cannot believe people are actually still writing "well if they offer a 2nd and a 3rd".......I have never witnessed such delusion in my lifetime.......ONE 3rd at most would be a miracle

What does your post have to do with me? I'd trade him absolutely for that price and I agree it will never happen. Why are people saying that? Go back and read the thread title, there's your answer.

3 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Not sure about that. They might make a move even quicker if they lose tomorrow

Nfc east isnt that good right now. 9-7 could win that division

coming off a super bowl win, the goal is not to finish 9-7 and be one and done in the playoffs.  Its a different mindset than making one playoff game appearance in 17 years. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

A 3rd is EXACTLY what he is worth. It would be a 4th or 5th but the Eagles are a little desperate.

31 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

You don't build a culture by picking top 5 every year, I'm hoping we can sneak into the playoffs while developing our younger players

Picking top 5 every year?  We've picked in the top five like twice since Bruce smith in 1985.    And playoffs?  You got one of the good scripts!  Lucky!

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

What does your post have to do with me? I'd trade him absolutely for that price and I agree it will never happen. Why are people saying that? Go back and read the thread title, there's your answer.

Sorry i hit reply to topic and it included your comment for some reason.  My bad,  sort of lol

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Why? Because if you trade him I feel it sends a very tanking message. Whereas if it has McCoys blessing you can spin it as “doing right by the player”. 

How about doing right by the team? Don’t think they care about whether he wants to be in Philly. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

A 3rd is EXACTLY what he is worth. It would be a 4th or 5th but the Eagles are a little desperate.

...that's about it......Roseman is pretty shrewd and will covet their two 2nds.....and despite all of the probable "blue chip prospects in the 2019 6th or 7th", adding a pick from there means ZERO...........

13 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

I love the conjecture about what he's worth. Right now we're paying him 8.95 mil against the cap, what's a 3rd round pick in comparison to his actual financial value?

Point is, what he's "worth" is subjective and completely up to Beane and McD in reality. If they think Shady is worth more to this team than a 3rd round pick only then he isn't worth a 3rd round pick - it's also likely why we asked for a 2nd and a 3rd for reasons beyond just throwing a starting offer out there to work with. Doing so also indicates that he's a guy the Bills value and need on offense, not to mention he was just promoted to Captain. 

Shady is worth more than just a 3rd, and no way the trade gets done for a 2nd and a 3rd. The most likely trade scenario the eagles would accept however, is for a 3rd round pick, but that isn't necessarily what he's "worth."

19 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

this sounds about right. i think we really like shady as an organization. and if you want him, you are going to have to pay for him. having said that...McCoy is a pa guy, and i believe playing for the Eagles meant more to him than a paycheck. so if he wanted to go back home to finish his career, possibly win a championship, and walk into the HoF as an Eagle...i would be fine with trading him. 

Good post.

If he wants to go ? then make the deal. and try to make Philly pay through the nose !