Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

If we get a 2nd round pick and Shady is happy going back to Philly to end his career where he started and his home state it would be a Win, Win, Win situation. I’d ok with it for a 2nd round pick. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So why are so sure we will only win 6 games with him?

I only see 4 wins left on schedule.

Colts

Jets at Home

Lions 

Dolphins at Home

Who else are they beating? I think they probably lose to Lions without McCoy. Toss up either way.

28 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

At $8M, LeShady is cheap and basically the entire offense when healthy.  Trading him right now for just a 2 and a 3 is stark-raving !@#$ nuts.  At least wait for the deadline and leverage another pick or two, or at least a usable player.  I'm against the trade, but if you really want to do it, three picks or 2 picks and a player minimum.

There is no way we'll get anywhere near that for McCoy, which is why the Bills should just keep him. McCoy is worth a 3rd rounder at best. Probably a 4th.

1 minute ago, Kevin1778 said:

Colts

Jets at Home

Lions 

Dolphins at Home

Who else are they beating? I think they probably lose to Lions without McCoy. Toss up either way.

Did you expect us to beat the Vikings or Titans though? I didn't. And we aren't even playing our best football yet.

3 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Colts

Jets at Home

Lions 

Dolphins at Home

They can logically beat any of the remaining teams except New England and maybe Chicago. None of the rest are very good.

They probably won't win the rest, but not a single one of those games would be a shock to win.

The last trade with the Eagles didn't work out that well for us. We got the last pick of the 3nd round and they got a starting CB that helped them win a SB. I hate trading with the Eagles.  I bet we would come out of the trade with some crappy return like a 4th or 5th rounder. It may be better to wait to the trade deadline.  Maybe another team in the hunt has their top RB go down. 

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

They can logically beat any of the remaining teams except New England and maybe Chicago. None of the rest are very good.

They probably won't win the rest, but not a single one of those games would be a shock to win.

Texans, Jaguars, and Bears will feast on Bills Offensive Line. They are terrible matchups for the Bills.

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

You have to think long term. Is Shady part of our the full rebuild?  I doubt it.  If you can get multiple mid level picks, you have to take it.

I don't care about "the rebuild", that's code for "we suck right now and hope we get handed a star".  I don't care how you build your team, you could have all the talent and and 1st round picks and still not put out terrible games.

I want to win.  I want to win now.  I'm not waiting year after year.  That is lazy and it never works, does it? or we wouldn't be talking about another playoff drought.

It's the coaching we need, we need our coaches to get things tight on their ends.  Players are plug and play, anybody could come in with the right coaches and get a team on productive practices.

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

You really believe McCoy has that much value?

The Bills will be lucky, very lucky, to get just a 3rd for him.

I think this thread is one big swing and a miss.

You might be right but I can't imagine the Bills would trade him for that.  I'd take a 3rd and Foles.

31 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Our running game could pick up, Shady could actually be utilized properly, Allen could get into a groove. Alot can happen. We are 2-3, not 0-5. We are very much in it.

Nooo!  Please not another 8-8 year.  Just not this one time.   Look good, grow, identify areas unable to grow into the role and then replace.  2019 - do our best with our good D and very young O and onward from there always forward and never straight.  ?