Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

Getting rid of McCoy and freeing up the cap space is a no brainer. It is not that big of a step down from McCoy to Murphy at this point in McCoy's career anyway. Bills need to add a guy like Gillislee for the remainder of this year, but what is the point in keeping an expensive running back around anyway? An extra 3rd or 4th rounder next year is all the Bills are going to get. Just trade him for a 4th rounder and free up the money.

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ivory is in no way a replacement for McCoy.  Ivory is your grinder, the guy who can plunge into a mess and come out with 2-4 yards from nothing, just legs and grit.

Shady is the guy who can slither his way through the hole and be gone.

As a 1-2 punch they're terrific.

I will be very upset if the Bills trade Shady for anything, though I do understand if someone stacks up the coins high enough, almost anything has its price.

But if they let him go at any kind of fire sale discount I will be cussing.  A hot dog and a used pretzel?  Get Out of Town!

Hey, man...

Don't sleep on used pretzels.

Photo of Jason Aldean's Kitchen & Rooftop Bar - Nashville, TN, United States. Half eaten pretzel

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ivory is in no way a replacement for McCoy.  Ivory is your grinder, the guy who can plunge into a mess and come out with 2-4 yards from nothing, just legs and grit.

Shady is the guy who can slither his way through the hole and be gone.

As a 1-2 punch they're terrific.

I will be very upset if the Bills trade Shady for anything, though I do understand if someone stacks up the coins high enough, almost anything has its price.

But if they let him go at any kind of fire sale discount I will be cussing.  A hot dog and a used pretzel?  Get Out of Town!

YES!!!!  What’s up w people quitting mid season. It’s pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Eagles are not a McCoy away from going back to the SB....

I mean if that’s what shady brings to the table why trade him?  Oh yeah the fan base equates losing with growth. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

If the Bills FO trades their ONLY offensive player that has any chance to make a defense game plan for, then they should just be truthful to the fanbase and openly admit that the the current goal in 2018 is not to win games.  

What did they tell you when they elected to start Peterman as #1 QB back before game 1?  I don't think the bills have been deceitful or tricky in any way.  This is the process - not tanking but playing for development and future; not 2018 rings.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Dan said:

If the Bills FO trades their ONLY offensive player that has any chance to make a defense game plan for, then they should just be truthful to the fanbase and openly admit that the the current goal in 2018 is not to win games.  

McDermort basically has said that. He has said over and over again that we are a young team learning how to win, and sometimes you have to experience pain to make it. They're not going to come right out and say they're trying to lose, because they're not, but their primary goal the past 2 seasons has not been to win as many games as possible. Next year that changes. Right now any move that builds for the future is going to take precedence over a move that wins a game this year.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

It's crazy value.

He's a RB. He's 30. He's got some baggage and he's making a **** ton of money.

More power to them if they could get that for him, but I don't see it.

Its not crazy at all not even a little bit. This 30 year old reference holds no salt. We are talking a dynamic runner like McCoy who clearly showed he can still move like a 27 year old RB. Who has familiarity to the Philly an has a very palatable contract for philly to absorb as compared to what they would have to spend to get Bell.

I think many here are vastly under valuing McCoy

20 minutes ago, sleeby said:

What did they tell you when they elected to start Peterman as #1 QB back before game 1?  I don't think the bills have been deceitful or tricky in any way.  This is the process - not tanking but playing for development and future; not 2018 rings.

People can carry on about Peterman all they want but they don't see what the coaches see.  In the end some can cut it when thrust upon the stage and that was the dividing line for Peterman.  The pressure is not on then Peterman functions fine but he can't handle being on the stage with the crowd looking on.  It happens with people quite a bit.  

28 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

Indeed, he did not deny.

It’s press conference 101, he is not going to deny something that could happen at some point if they get a good enough offer. Only thing you can take from it is that they didn’t get a good enough offer, yet. And time/team record/demand also changes his price and their willingness. I didn’t at all take from it that Houston is his last game. It could be, but that’s any aging, expensive  player  before the deadline. I would be surprised if they traded him for less than what they want at this point in time.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

I know Beane and McDermott love to trade core players on the team like their candy but honestly taking away Josh’s only safety blanket seems ridiculous but more then likely shady is getting traded leaving a rookie qb with a below average receiving corps..an average oline..and marginal running backs..as long as we get draft picks and the right guys hey what could go wrong ?

• Thank you (+1) 1