Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Yes.

Let's say the Eagles lower draft pick in round 2 is #58.  That's worth 320 on the draft value trade chart.

Let's say the Bills select #72 in round 3.  That's worth 230 points.

The difference of 90 points is the equivalent to a high 4th round pick.....which in my opinion is about as good as you could hope for in trading an expensive, older RB who has next to no chance of being on your roster next year.....and isn't performing at a high level what soever this year.

Why trade him now for 4th round value they will get next year?

What would they get for him at the end of the season... a 5th maybe? 

In the meantime he can play here the rest of the year and at least take a little pressure off JA...

I believe this is shady's last year with the bills, 2019 is the last year of his current contract.

the bills save $6.5 mil in cap space by cutting him after this season and before next season.

it's better to trade a year early, than a year late.

I understand everyone’s perspective. It’s a tough call -if this is legit.

My take: He’s the Captain of my favorite team and is enroute to a HOF ending for his career. If he retires as a Bill, he’ll go into the Hall as a Bill. Traded back to Philly, he goes in as an Eagle. I’m a homer. I hope he stays a Bill.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

My take: He’s the Captain of my favorite team and is enroute to a HOF ending for his career. If he retires as a Bill, he’ll go into the Hall as a Bill. Traded back to Philly, he goes in as an Eagle. I’m a homer. I hope he stays a Bill.

All of this is very true, however if they are offering a 2nd round pick for a RB at the end of his career we sort of have to take it.

3 hours ago, Estro said:

Yes.

Let's say the Eagles lower draft pick in round 2 is #58.  That's worth 320 on the draft value trade chart.

Let's say the Bills select #72 in round 3.  That's worth 230 points.

The difference of 90 points is the equivalent to a high 4th round pick.....which in my opinion is about as good as you could hope for in trading an expensive, older RB who has next to no chance of being on your roster next year.....and isn't performing at a high level what soever this year.

Draft chart? Come on...those points don't mean anything

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Why trade him now for 4th round value they will get next year?

What would they get for him at the end of the season... a 5th maybe? 

In the meantime he can play here the rest of the year and at least take a little pressure off JA...

I’m not the one you’re asking, but my personal opinion is that I think McCoy is cut in the offseason, so the options are either to get something for him now, or to hold onto him for this wasted season to try to benefit Josh and then lose him for nothing.

a 4th round pick is where I start to consider trading him. Anything more than that, I would say yes. Anything less and I wouldn’t bother. 

16 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

This is somewhat of an easy negotiation for Beane. You just decide what is the minimum you want for a guy you don't have to or want to trade. Not the same thing as what you are asking for or any report from anyone anywhere. Just what you feel you want for him. If they reach that threshold you do it. If they don't you don't. The only negotiating should be if a team like the Eagles may be willing to offer you more than what you wanted, then you may raise it a little, at least in the negotiations.

Funny how folks can't see this.  The key phrase is "a guy you don't have to or want to trade."  The Bills have absolutely no need or desire to trade Shady unless somebody is offering something stupid.  He's a captain.  He's still capable of playing at a very high level on a team devoid of offense.  He has bought in to McD's culture.  He will help Allen.

My prediction is that this (trade) doesn't happen.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

Done it once by taking sammy away from Tyrod . I don't think his relationship with Allen means much to them. 

I think developing Allen is a bit different to them. I don’t know how important Shady is to Allen’s development on the field and in the film room. But these two QB situations are different, regardless. They inherited TT and clearly never really wanted him. They moved heaven and earth to select Josh, right or wrong they are highly invested in him succeeding. 

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I'm wondering that myself.  

Shady can be too important for the Bills.    Philly has bigger issues to deal with.   like 2019 caps issues,   -$20,000,000.00 

yes over the cap.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

If the Eagles choices boil down to win now or not win now, is any cost truly to high?  You get Shady for a second, he's a one year rental giving you the best option at SB #2.  Is the SB worth a second, or only a third or fourth.  Answer seems simple to me.

Whether the Bill's take it is another story. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Estro said:

On a similar line of thinking my theory is the Eagles are trying to soften the Steelers ask on Bell.  If the Steelers are adamant on a 2nd rounder and the Eagles don't want to pay that price, it'd be smart to leak that you're interested in Shady and perhaps get the Steelers to come down a bit in their asking price.  It's all about leverage.  

In the end I see Bell being traded to the Eagles for 2 mid round picks and the Steelers kicking back a 7th in addition to Bell.  

This is probably the case. Certainly part of the Eagles approach, if anything. 

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm wondering that myself.  

Shady can be too important for the Bills.    Philly has bigger issues to deal with.   like 2019 caps issues,   -$20,000,000.00 

yes over the cap.  

Yes but foles has a 20 mil cap hit and 1.8 dead cap and he won’t be there. Jason Peters has a huge number and probably done. Agalor has a 10 mil cap number and isn’t living to that. Also cox got a restructured deal which opened space. 

if we beat Houston we are 3 - 3 and in the divisional hunt. Allen will get better each week and our defense is starting to gel. This is not a throwaway season. McCoy is an important receiver for our offense. If the offer is too good to be true then take it but otherwise the season is still alive

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Yes but foles has a 20 mil cap hit and 1.8 dead cap and he won’t be there. Jason Peters has a huge number and probably done. Agalor has a 10 mil cap number and isn’t living to that. Also cox got a restructured deal which opened space. 

Correct...always a way around the cap....the good teams figure it out while we sit with dead money and apparently can't sign good players

10 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

That's fair to say that's what you would want to take back but this move is a win now move for Philly to give up a pick/picks for a player that could help them make a run. They aren't going to send back a player like Agholor who helps them win now in a package for Shady that also includes draft capital. I think you could probably pry Warmack as he is a depth player but Philly wants to win in 2018 and they aren't giving up their second best WR, Draft capital, and their best backup OL for a 30 year old RB. 

It just doesn't line up with the needs of the Eagles to send back players in this type of deal. 

And that’s fine b/c I’m not sure Bills want to actually move Shady so the ask should be high and return an important one for the Bills. But, Philly also needs to recognize there aren’t many RBs of Shady’s capability that doesn’t lock you in to a ton of Cap commitment, eg. Bell. He’s a rental in a year when they have all the players to repeat that may not happen in 3 yrs time and committing a lot of Cap room to Wenz and what will be an older RB at that point may not appeal to them, b/c other than Bell I’m not sure who else is available with their respective talent.

I would be saddened but I would probably do it.  I look at it this way.  The division still belongs to the Patriots this year.  Get as many high picks as you can.  The entire OL other than Dawkins needs to be replaced.  If you can get a 2nd and a 3rd for Shady pull it.  That's a C/LG or C/RG Combo.  You need at least two WRs, a CB opposite Tre, an OLB to replace Lorax.  Get the high picks while you can.  Hell get me Josh Allen to replace Lorax.

Early reaction from some Eagle fans:

Anyone Hear That FOP Guy On WIP This Morning?

Does not want Shady here at all said Seth Williams the Ex DA who is in jail now possibly took bribes or was friendly with Shady to drop the case against him with the big nightclub fight in which police were involved. He said he stiffed bartenders and waitresses regularly and hung out with alot of bad people here and name was always brought up alot with police. It was an interesting take.
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:50 AM   
Posted in reply to Anthony's post  "Anyone Hear That FOP Guy On WIP This..."
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think the fact that Shady is a complete dick of a person was ever disputed. There were actually times when I was glad he wasn't here anymore. Moving on from him wasn't a DJacc-level mistake, and didn't require a smear campaign.

Who could forget this?

DJ @DonaldTrump on the 1's and 2's . Special invited guests @RexRyan , @chipKelly ,@Rogergodell , my man Barack .oprah, Carli Llyod , and even that terrible waiter with the awful service from the burger joint is invited. Don't bring your Id because there won't be any alcohol anyway. Open smoothie bar all night tho . Don't worry bout the confidentiality agreement. No only are ladies invited but everyone is invited , except hulk hogan he can't come . Maybe even @meekmill and @drake will hit the stage together . Turn up time party time !!!! #shadyinvite #djdonald #donaldplaylist #billsmafia #smoothiebar #byebyeoffseason

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:54 AM   
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "I don't think the fact that Shady is a..."

McCarthy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the greatest Eagles running backs of all time, but there's a lot of smoke on the abuse front with this guy. I'm no super moralist when it comes to Eagles players, but I'll personally take a pass on Shady.