Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

Just now, starrymessenger said:

Maybe the Eagles problems have less to do with them not having Shady and more to do with their O line badly underperforming. 

They won last year because of OL and DL, and subsequently, they're a year older and coming off a deep playoff run and struggling.  You're correct, Clement and Smallwood could hold it down with a decent OL.  

47 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Having no impact on my opinion, I wonder what Shady wants...

Serious question... my gut says he’d love to go back to Philly, but it seems like he genuinely likes the Bills.

Philly has a better chance to win a Super Bowl this year, and at this point in Shady's career, its probably his # 1 priority, that and 12k.

He gave Buffalo his all in his time and here and the fans appreciated him. If he can improve our future by trading him now, it shouldn't be a big deal.

That being said, he's Allens best weapon and we should keep him

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I’m not sure why this fact escapes so many in this thread: this is not about projections, it’s about what YOU would take in exchange for Shady. I presented an alternative to demanding a 2nd & 3rd Round picks. As for Warmack, he’s promising and young but he’s been inactive all year on game day. As for Agholor, that’s why it’s an ask and it’s why it’s a 3rd not a 2nd. He too hasn’t yet lived up to his promise in Philly and they have other weapons with Jeffrey coming back. So it’s merely an alternative to getting the aforementioned picks as in something I, personally, could accept. That’s it. No prognostication, it’s about where I think the middle ground lies in what the Bills are asking and what I, as a fan, could suppprt in return for Shady. No need for dramatics.

That's fair to say that's what you would want to take back but this move is a win now move for Philly to give up a pick/picks for a player that could help them make a run. They aren't going to send back a player like Agholor who helps them win now in a package for Shady that also includes draft capital. I think you could probably pry Warmack as he is a depth player but Philly wants to win in 2018 and they aren't giving up their second best WR, Draft capital, and their best backup OL for a 30 year old RB. 

It just doesn't line up with the needs of the Eagles to send back players in this type of deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

Sure..... You are comparing them to a hall of fame player. LOL

Fair enough. I think Shady is an asset at the same time though and wouldn't give him up for nothing, he needs to be in a RB committee though, I think it can extend his career, he's not the same back anymore but still very useful.

48 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I would take a second for sure. Maybe a third but with Philly it's going to likely be a late third so maybe not that. 

Agreed.  The 4th night not be worth it, but Taron Johnson looks worth it at the moment.  Most of these draft picks look like home runs