Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

Just now, NoSaint said:

Hes a 30 year old back. At this point anything you get back is a gift from the football gods. If it’s a day 2 pick it’s on par with finding a $100 bill on the ground.

You are not getting anything worth while back and he’s the best player on the team. Those things should equal “do not trade” pretty simply. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I get what your saying and Allen’s development is the only reason I’d hesitate to take just a 3rd.....but I think Allen’s development is bolstered more by an OL/WR/TE/RB that will grow with him over the next 5-10 years as opposed to shady for 1 or 2.  So I’ll take the pick 

I think Allen's development this season could be negatively impacted by not having Shady the teams best offensive weapon out there. Shady does take a lot of pressure off of Allen which put Allen in better positions. Without Shady more of the offensive burden falls onto Allen and that might have negative longer term consequences. If I am taking that risk I am not sure a 3rd round pick would be a worthwhile return. 

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Well no, according to Takanka's thinking, the Bills signed Hyde thinking he was just going to be an average signing.  But they screwed up and now  discovered he's actually pretty good, so they will get rid of him!

That’s seriously how it reads. I had to re-read it 3 times to make sure, and yup. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I would be beyond pissed off if the Bills accepted a 4th for Shady. 

But I cant imagine them doing that.

Honestly, as far as I’m concerned, anything less than a 2nd and they can take a hike, and really, I’d want the rumored 2nd + 3rd. Or a 2nd + decent player. 

A 3rd is probably fair value, but IMO it’s just not worth it to trade McCoy for a (most likely late) 3rd round pick. 

I think Clayton pretty much nailed what is McCoy's actual trade value. I don't think Buffalo will trade him for that though. Probably need a 3rd without strings attached to get it done from Buffalo's end even though McCoy probably isn't worth that anymore.

I didn't read all 18 pages. Has anyone mentioned Nick Foles?

McCoy

2018 - 8.9 million

2019 - 9.0 million

2020 - FA

Foles

2018 - 13.6 million

2019 -  20.6 million

2020 - 600k

2021 - 600k

2022 - FA

if the teams could get the 2018 numbers to wash or fit Buffalo's remaining cap this year, Buffalo would add a competant veteran QB and mid level starter and top backup QB for net 11.6 million in 2019, not terrible for a QB that can start if needed. Who better to help JA along than a guy with a Super Bowl ring who got hot at the right time?

Buffalo would still have 50+ million and 10 picks next year. You have to think having a Super Bowl winning QB on the roster would help allure FAs next year. Foles/Allen as a QB pair looks a lot better to me and I'm sure potential FAs than Allen Peterman.

Buffalo is one tam that can take Fole's poison pill contract and still be aggressive in FA.

It's a long shot, but hey, the other team can only say no.

Edited by RocCityRoller

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I didn't read all 18 pages. Has anyone mentioned Nick Foles?

2018 - 8.9 million

2019 - 9.0 million

2020 - FA

2018 - 13.6 million

2019 -  20.6 million

2020 - 600k

2021 - 600k

2022 - FA

if the teams could get the 2018 numbers to wash or fit Buffalos remaining cap this year, Buffalo would add a competant veteran QB and mid level starter and top backup QB for net 11.6 million in 2019, not terrible for a QB that can start if needed. Who better to help JA along than a guy with a Super Bowl ring who got hot at the right time?

Buffalo would still have 50+ million and 10 picks next year. You have to think having a Super Bowl winning QB on the roster would help allure FAs next year. Foles/Allen as a QB pair looks a lot better to me and I'm sure potential FAs than Allen Peterman.

Buffalo is one tam that can take Fole's poison pill contract and still be aggressive in FA.

It's a long shot, but hey, the other team can only say no.

No one has because the Eagles are not trading him.   Not to mention the Bills just added Anderson as a street free agent. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Allen's development this season could be negatively impacted by not having Shady the teams best offensive weapon out there. Shady does take a lot of pressure off of Allen which put Allen in better positions. Without Shady more of the offensive burden falls onto Allen and that might have negative longer term consequences. If I am taking that risk I am not sure a 3rd round pick would be a worthwhile return. 

If we didn’t have Ivory and Murphy I guess I’d agree with you.  But we do.  I think both are capable backs. They aren’t elite like shady, but I think they can both play.

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So the Bills will have Allen, Anderson, and Foles?   Nope!

Why not? IMO Anderson at 35 is there for brains. Pro game prep: Film study, reading defensive alignments, pre snap adjustments/ protections and audibles, and as an emergency QB.

Foles can win games. His current contract puts him in the neighborhood between Mayfield, McCown, Tyrod and Dalton.

If Allen flames out over the next few games, and the D/ ST are playing well it holds the locker room together.

Ivory and Murphy aren't McCoy, but they are capable RBs.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Why not? IMO Anderson at 35 is there for brains. Pro game prep: Film study, reading defensive alignments, pre snap adjustments/ protections and audibles, and as an emergency QB.

Foles can win games. His current contract puts him in the neighborhood between Mayfield, McCown, Tyrod and Dalton.

If Allen flames out over the next few games, and the D/ ST are playing it holds the locker room together.

Ivory and Murphy aren't McCoy, but they are capable RBs.

Not realistic with Allen here as the QB they heavily invested in to get.  I'm done here. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If we didn’t have Ivory and Murphy I guess I’d agree with you.  But we do.  I think both are capable backs. They aren’t elite like shady, but I think they can both play.

As I said I wouldn't hate Shady for a 3rd straight up. Or Shady and a 6th for Warmack and a 3rd. But I wouldn't be as enthusiastic about netting a 3rd for our best most dynamic offensive player that could greatly help the current raw rookie QB greatly for only a 3rd round pick. A 2nd rounder is a return I would be much more comfortable with. 

John Clayton was on the air here.  The best the Bills can hope for is a conditional 5th according to the experts and other former GMs.  He doesn't have the value most of you think.  Being the tallest little person at the circus doesn't increase his real-world value.  Just keep him at this point to help develop Allen. 

Howie Roseman isn't a sucker.  He's normally the one doing the fleecing.

Edited by YodaMan79

7 hours ago, PIZ said:

Besides picks or a pick, what would they have to offer?  OG?  C?  WR?  Maybe McDermott needs another DT?!?!?!?

After Sunday I meant to start a thread about a trade of McCoy  for Foles.  We need a vet.QB and Foles is someone who could start.  If he leaves in FA then we would get a third round comp pick I believe.  Or we could tag and trade him.  Or keep him.  I think that makes sense

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

John Clayton was on the air here.  The best the Bills can hope for is a conditional 5th according to the experts and other former GMs.  He doesn't have the value most of you think.  Being the tallest little person at the circus doesn't increase his real-world value.  Just keep him at this point to help develop Allen. 

Howie Roseman isn't a sucker.  He's normally the one doing the fleecing.

Value is all relative. If I’m the Eagles I don’t give up more than a 4th. If I’m the Bills I don’t take less than a 2nd. Different teams have different values on players, (and positions as a whole). It has nothing to do with Bills fans overvaluing him because he’s on the Bills. It’s what he’s worth to the Bills vs another team that’s a bit different, based on the makeup and circumstance of those teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t say they would give up a 2nd. That’s what it would take imo. Bills already have 10 draft picks and Mccoy is serving a big role to their rookie QB. He’s taking him under his wing and he’s a captain. I don’t see Beane salivating at a mid round pick. 

Agree I bet my left nut they wont trade shady for anything less than a 2nd, or a 3rd and a starter

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

If you think this year matters.   I think Beane cares more about future years.

I saw a lot of empty seats at the Titan game and the bad weather isn’t even here yet. I haven’t been to a game yet either. Gotta have something to look forward to other than tailgating. Well maybe not ?

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They could probably get a 4th for him. Maybe a third.

Anything more than that is somewhat unrealistic.

A 3rd and a 2nd? No !@#$ing chance. 

He's on the wrong side of 30, owed a decent amount of money and a known scumbag around the league.  No chance of the 3rd or a 4th.  Too many of you are emotionally tied into the guy thinking he has value.  I'm sorry to say he doesn't.  I wish they could get what some of you think they could.  It's entertaining how most of you are trading players like you're in Madden. 

Edited by YodaMan79