Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Depends on the picks! 

I want a second given how I think he's likely to produce as a Bill through 2019. He's still an elite player, and if the Bills are going to make a big step forward next season, they need players like him. I want playoffs next season.

2nd and 3rd 

their asking price 

4 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Because he can play. Bills dont like talented players they like drafting Zay Jones.

Who signed Hyde to play on the Bills if the Bills don’t like him? This makes no sense. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Now go back to my Original post. Set your Price if it is a 2nd and 3rd and you get it you move him

Without hesitation. We can, if we're smart get a Robert Woods type receiver with a 2nd. Probably even pick up a stud center there too. Shady will likely be in a RB committee here very shortly, he still has some juice though but I'd move on for a 2nd.

11 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

if Buffalo trades McCoy they are trading their ONLY play maker on offensive, are definitely tanking the season. Might as well trade Hughes, Williams and Hyde too.

And yet, our record without McCoy is 1-0.  He’s a good back, but is fairly easily replaced, without a huge drop off.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I was joking of course. And it was Buddy Nix who (I agree with you) drafted EJ. There is nothing to make you know Whaley would have drafted either of those guys. Nor is Josh all that inaccurate, all things considered. 

I'm pretty sure whaley had a lot of say in EJ. He really forced the issue of giving EJ more chances to win the job and the one QB he drafted was pretty much an EJ clone.

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

God no.  Nick Foles had a good three game stretch at the perfect time.  Beyond that, he's a career backup.  Get some picks for Shady.

I mean, you understand that's what he'd be in Buffalo too, right? I wouldn't want just Foles, but if it were Foles and a 3rd or something, I would not pull out the pitchfork and torch.

Edited by BigBuff423

1 minute ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

I'm pretty sure whaley had a lot of say in EJ. He really forced the issue of giving EJ more chances to win the job and the one QB he drafted was pretty much an EJ clone.

He was on board for sure. But what was the other option, Geno? Buddy Nix was not going to leave the job without drafting the future franchise QB of the team, and it was his call on EJ. Granted, he had crappy choices. But he wasn't leaving without drafting a guy and that was his guy. Whaley's too, but it was Nix's call.

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep. Set your Price. If it is a 2nd and 3rd you dont come off it. Maybe even increase it a bit closer to deadline you get 

And yet he did. Philip Lindsay another. Karem Hunt another. 

You can find RBs all over the draft. 

If you get your Price you move him because of Age, Off Field Stuff and by the time you are really good he is not on the team anyway. 

Royce Freeman, Kenyon Drake, Jay Ajayi, James Connor, Jordan Howard ...you could go on and on...

2 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Well, a lot of people (including myself) thought we could've started 0-5 to 0-7. So, 2-3 is pretty surprising. I think we could be competitive this year and, most importantly, GROW. I don't want to strip the team of its captain and only offensive force. That will demoralize everyone. It's not worth the 2nd or 3rd. 

It’s definitely worth a 2nd.  100% worth a second.  Problem being, we probably won’t get a 2nd unless we give up a pick as well

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Royce Freeman, Kenyon Drake, Jay Ajayi, James Connor, Jordan Howard ...you could go on and on...

And it's still a 10% chance. I would bet each of the guys that drafted all of the above players would admit "we liked the guy a lot, but liked several others, too, and running backs are a crapshoot. We were lucky this time."

2 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

Get a first or a second and third.  Nothing less.  He is a team player and even trading him will hurt the team morale.  New draft choices take time to develop.  How long do you keep doing this? 

RBs do not take long to develop. And again a 30 and 31 year old RB. 

• Like (+1) 1