Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

You want to tie up 16-20 Mill a year at rb long term with a ton of guaranteed money upfront?  That is what Bell wants.   Pass we should draft a rb

Did you say the same about Mack too? Who wants to pay all that money for an elite player. This team doesn't have elite talent. We know nothing about what a drafted guy would do in the NFL. We need some elite players.

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Only a 2nd and 3rd for a HOF RB.  Way too low.  Even a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is too low, but no one will part with that.  Getting rid of our offense is a really bad idea.

We already have 10 picks.

If we trade Shady, I want an established player in return.

• Like (+1) 2

So let's say nothing is done this week.  Shady plays Sunday and looks good again.  We beat Houston and are 3-3, heading to Indy. 

Y'all still want to trade Shady for a 3rd?

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m glad that mccoy would be ok with the trade if it happens but i don’t think the bills owe him anything. If they think it’s the right move for the team then do it. If they don’t, then don’t. That’s all they should care about, not whether he wants to stay or go. 

Should have elaborated, getting McCoy's input/consent might alleviate any "locker room" discord that was/is being discussed.  Totally agree the Bills should do what is best for the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If they get the 2nd and 3rd they are asking for. In a heart beat

Beane seems to fleece people regularly when it comes to trades, like a 3rd for Tyrod(LOL), so maybe they might find a middle ground like just a 2nd which i would take 

No way would I trade the Bills best player of offense if they want to continue to win games and at 2-3 it's not at the throw in the towel stage yet.

I look at LeSean McCoy and see another Barry Sanders and a game changer. So how many of those are in the draft next year? 

• Like (+1) 1

I would imagine, or bet, that even though the NFL is very unlikely to do anything about it, like a 90% chance they won't, the Shady allegations would lower his trade value. The other team would surely bring that up, and say, sure we don't think he did it or we wouldn't trade for him, and we don't think the league will do anything, but it's still out there and a possibility.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

30 plus YR old RB that likely will not be here next year anyway. (31) then. Yep. Give me the Picks find me a Kamara in next years draft. 

Thats about where I am at. I love shady, but we could use bodies at receiver and extra draft picks would be great.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I would imagine, or bet, that even though the NFL is very unlikely to do anything about it, like a 90% chance they won't, the Shady allegations would lower his trade value. The other team would surely bring that up, and say, sure we don't think he did it or we wouldn't trade for him, and we don't think the league will do anything, but it's still out there and a possibility.

Then you keep him. Last I checked Philly came knocking on our door in the middle of night asking for a favor, they are in no position to low-ball us. A 2nd and we give them Shady plus a 5th or 6th.

20 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Oh, boy.  Like, I hate to be the one to tell you this but the post Ryan idiot brothers fumigation of OBD is going to likely be at a year longer than you expect.  Next year will be a very, very young offense of many new players.  Next year we will he the browns of this season.  

As for what McBeane taking pressure for it they already are - bills fans here this week are angry.  Heh.  Is what it is and will always be.  If they build a team around the emo needs of this fan base they will create an interesting mess.  Heh

It's a results-oriented business. Two bad seasons in a row will put them on the hot seat. I have no idea whether this will happen, and I hope they have a great season next year. I just don't see how subtracting talent for a very modest return helps them improve. If they get a second and 3rd (or 4th), then yeah, I'd do it. But I certainly wouldn't trade McCoy for a 3rd. He's a really good player.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Then you keep him. Last I checked Philly came knocking on our door in the middle of night asking for a favor, they are in no position to low-ball us. A 2nd and we give them Shady plus a 5th or 6th.

I want a second and a 5th or 6th. I'm not giving him up for a second and tossing in a bonus pick for them. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, QCity said:

For some reason people are under the impression that Shady is part of the future of this team. He's not. He's likely got 11 games left in a Bills uniform, and with injuries, even that may be a reach.

Yep. They give me the 2nd I am all for it.